About You?

Home Forums Official & Introductions About You?

• Lumi
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: ll--
    • F Attitude: Seelie

What is your name? Or the story behind your alias?

XxIlluminisxX…. Hmmm, I think I saw other people’s usernames that had a similar format in a game that I used to play and I instantly took a liking to it. ‘Illuminis’ is just two words put together (I think; I actually don’t quite remember): illuminate and luminous. I think it just sounded pleasing to the ear. :p

Where are you from?

I’m from Alberta, Canada.

How old are you?

What’s your gender?

Female….. probably. *waggles eyebrows*

What got you interested in Cognitive Type?

I found CogType through the INTJ & INFP Coffee channel on Youtube. I was looking for more ways to type myself and found the visual typing series they started on their channel. I wanted to see what type I would get, so after mustering up some courage, I submitted a video on the old forum. After a few comments and an analysis, NeFi  Seelie was the result (though Sitbone did say that I could be an SiTe :p)! Lately, I’ve been wondering if I turned unseelie and whether or not I was another type, haha. :p

What did/do you type as in other systems?

In grade 8 or 9, I received ISFP after taking the 16personalities test. I completely forgot about the Myers Briggs test until grade 10 where my social studies teacher told us to take it. I got INFP. However, I wasn’t exactly satisfied with the answer and redid the test many times. Sometimes, I received INTP or ISFP, but INFP was the result I’ve gotten the most. Once, I got ESTJ. I tried other tests but I felt like I knew how to answer the questions to get a specific result.

Now that I think of it, I feel like after watching someone on Youtube, like an interview, I sort of…. act like that person? It’s almost as if I absorbed a little bit of their energy… I don’t really know….

Do you have a partner/lover?

Nope! I don’t think I am mature or responsible enough to have a partner yet…. I actually feel pretty intimidated by the topic of relationships. My younger brother feels ready to have a girlfriend though, hehe. :p

Do you have any kids?

Nopitty nope.

Do you have any pets?

Nopitty nope nope. I used to have a fish named Tristan though! I thought it was real pretty. :p

Life motto?

I think I have a few :p. I feel like it’s going to keep growing.

“Everyone should be a little excused in this life.” – Aurora Aksnes

“It’s a very positive experience to talk about things, even how terrifying it may seem.” – Aurora Aksnes

“Don’t keep all your feelings sheltered – express them. Don’t ever let life shut you up.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli

I’m still working on following these, haha. I think these mottos express who I want to be as a person; hopefully I can reach that sort of person someday.

Favorite Flavor?

Oh WOW! Okay, well here are some flavors: vanilla, strawberry swirl, birthday cake, peanut butter cookie dough, pistachio, sour cream and onion, barbecue, cheesecake, matcha green tea, mango, etc. I think there are many flavors that I have not tried yet.

Spirituality?
    Hmm… I don’t know…. If the other members don’t mind, I’ll go through some of their answers to check them out, hehe. :p

Random fact about you?
    I heard about Aurora Aksnes from Cognitive Type and now I am really into her music. :p Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Lumi.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Lumi.
    CourtJester
    Blocked
    • Type: NiFe
    • Development: lll-
    • F Attitude: Directive

Name: Jay

Alias: I chose “Court Jester” as a way of making fun of myself. I later realized this is a common MBTI forum name, so I might want to change it.

Where are you from?

Connecticut

How old are you?

What’s your gender?

Hung 🙂

INFP/INTJ Coffee.

1. Official MBTI test: INFP
    2. Online MBTI test: INFJ/INFP/INTJ
    3. Online Cognitive Functions Test: INTJ/INFJ
    4. Cognitive8: INTJ
    5. Talking with Famous People (Eric): INTJ
    6. Cognitive Type: INFJ
    7. Therapists LOL: INFP/INFJ

Enneagram seems to be 4w5/5w4 or 9w8/8w9? Idk if any of you can clarify this from my interview video.

No.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

110lb Yellow Lab

Life motto?

“When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves.” -Viktor Frankl

Favorite Color?

Green

Spirituality?

Vastly spiritual but not religious.

Random fact about you?

I’ve had two NDE’s.

Paul
    Participant
    • Type: TeNi
    • Development: l-l-
    • F Attitude: Unseelie

Actually, my alias comes from a brief time back in 2008/9 when I played EVE Online for a short while. I needed a name which aligned with my actions in-game. Correndous Hunt was born.

Yes, I did a lot of ganking and stealing.

Where are you from?

The UK. North West, born and currently sandwiched betwixt Liverpool and Manchester.

How old are you?

33, 34 on the 26th of this month.

What’s your gender?

Sasquatch.

Auburn, circa 2012 on the INTP forum. Even back then he had me pegged as TeNi. At the time I thought I was NiFe. So Fe.

INFJ, ENFJ, ENTP, INTP, INFP, ENFP, INTJ and ENTJ.

Wife.

Do you have any kids?

2. Both girls.

Do you have any pets?

2 dogs.

Life motto?

“Don’t be a cunt”.

So eloquent, I know. Yes, you can quote me. I’m well aware of my profound depth. It’s ok to be enamoured by my brilliance.

Favorite Flavor?

Pickled Onion.

Spirituality?

I never know what to classify myself. Probably an agnostic with a keen awareness that reality is a great deal more complex than many realise.

Random fact about you?

I once had a brief and unpleasant encounter with Kate Moss in Paris.

[edit] UGH why did the formatting do this to me?

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Paul.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Auburn.
    Elisa Day
    Participant
    • Type: FiSe

@pauljackson

I want to hear more about this brief and unpleasant encounter with Kate Moss.

Paul
    Participant
    • Type: TeNi
    • Development: l-l-

Oh hey, thanks to whoever fixed the formatting. I’m guessing it was Aubs.

Kate Moss?

I was rounding a corner in Paris in my usual quick pace / stompy fashion, when I almost collided with a female. We looked up and exchanged what I now know to be scathing Gamma glares, then walked off in opposite directions. A second or two later I realised it was Kate Moss.

I was tempted to turn around and shout “Oy fuck you Kate, you tosser!”, but I didn’t. I’m a gentleman.

INtelis
    Participant
    • Type: TiSe
    • Development: l--l
    • F Attitude: Adaptive

Actually, my allies don’t have a special meaning. I was playing guitar and it pops up like that and I found it cool 🙂

Where are you from?

Brazil

How old are you?

I am 23.

What’s your gender?

Male

I always liked to understand the human psychology, but it really started when I’ve noticed that I was getting a hard time with the social specially making the first move, which made me a little uncomfortable around people that’s when I started studying human behavior in order to smoothen my life. Because by knowing what impact my actions have I can give the right tone. I then started studying psychology. With the systems which work with the 16 types, I started with MBTI untill I realize that it doesn’t ring well with my reality. It is when I learnt about cognitive type through a youtube channel.

INTP is what I initially typed as in MBTI; embarassingly I thought I was INFJ until I was bludgeoned by my vultology report. However, upon reflection I think NeTi actually makes more sense. I could never quite figure out exactly what Se was in relation to myself or how to develop it. Turns out I never had it.

No.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

no

Life motto?

Everything can happens to everyone. The better is to have planned it way before.

Favorite Flavor?
    Strawberry

Spirituality?

Christian

Random fact about you?

I like to make illogical jokes and act as if I was serious, just to see the confusion on faces haha

Alice
    Participant

My name is Alice! I was in the process of thinking of a new name for myself, and I happened upon it while reading a book and it totally fit!

Where are you from?

North suburbs of Chicago, Illinois.

How old are you?

What’s your gender?

I am a trans woman.

I was watching some youtube jungian type theorist or another, and this project was listed in some references for one of his videos.

I have typed as an INFP in the MBTI for forever, EII in socionics, and as a 9w1 in the enneagram. I used to think I was a 4w5, but it didn’t really fit as well as the trappings of the type 9.

I do! I live with a partner of mine, and I am polyamorous! I’m usually involved in a pretty confusing web of casual and non-casual romantic endeavors. My current live-in partner has been the one constant though 🙂

Do you have any kids?

Nope!

Do you have any pets?

A lot of plants! And a rat named Poppy!

Life motto?

Never really had one! Maybe ‘keep going.’

Favorite Flavor?

This is a tough one for sure, not pulling the punches. I have absolutely no clue! Maybe chocolate?

Spirituality?

I feel like being a human being is enough absolute magic, and I am so constantly amazed and overwhelmed by it that I rarely ever think about the metaphysical or spiritual.

Random fact about you?

I used to be pretty good at Halo 2 back in the day >:)

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Alice. Reason: im a dummy when it comes to formatting
    GreenCoyote
    Participant
    • Type: SeTi
    • Development: lll-

My name is Cody, GreenCoyote was arbitrarily thought up. I have always related to animals and Coyotes live near where I live. Green is also one of my favorite colors.

Where are you from?
    I was born in a small town called Redlands in Southern California. I still live here.

How old are you?
    I am 31

What’s your gender?
    Male

I somehow stumbled upon it through other MBTI articles. I was always fascinated by VI in Socionics but this system seems much more thought out. And I love a well thought out system with classifications and types and all that. It’s like Pokemon on steroids. but with people, except we don’t store ourselves in small spherical objects.

INFJ or ENFJ. I’ve always been unsure about introvert or extrovert. I never thought I would be an SeTi just because of other descriptions of those types. I have heard though that its common for people to type as their tertiary and inferior functions tho so SeTi makes sense. I can see myself utilizing Ni Fe Ti or Se depending on the situation and what I’m doing at the time.

I am single but I have a close girlfriend and everyone thinks we are together.

Do you have any kids?
    No.

Do you have any pets?
    do feral cats that come chill on my porch with me in the evening count?

Life motto?
    I am open to suggestions, don’t have one currently.

Favorite Flavor?
    Avocado on Wheat bread sounds good right now but what I want to taste is always changing.

Spirituality?
    I am sorta spiritual I guess but its complicated.

Random fact about you?
    Besides having oatmeal, egg whites and chicken sausage for breakfast every day I also only ate tacos for 5 months straight.

a.k.a.Janie
    Participant

Janie is one of the aliases I use (I try to minimize my real identity online, because of an issue).
    The story is, in my teens I noticed several people had been telling me that I didn’t look like my given name. I was telling my sister about this, and we agreed that my given name didn’t fit, and it was time to rename me. She decided I should be called Jane.

Where are you from?

Born and raised in the midwestern USA, I make my own home in central Europe.

How old are you?

I am in my mid-30’s.

What’s your gender?

Female.

After a classmate at uni shared an MBTI quiz, I got into that, and started branching out a bit, learning about related systems. I joined an online group for intuitives (whoops lol), and someone there shared about her typing experience on Cognitive Type, and I was intrigued.

INFP-T (MBTI), FiNx (Socionics Model G), Enneagram 4w5, 4-6-9 Sp/So.
    Was blindsided to learn that I not only likely have Se, but have apparently consciously integrated it. Still trying to figure that out.

Yes.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

No. But one still lives in my memories every day.

Life motto?

Well, when I thought I was a Delta, I liked “What’s the point of living a life that’s already been lived before?”
    I also like,  “One of the secrets to life is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks”
    and many, many more.

Favorite Flavor?

vanilla

Spirituality?

My spirituality is my own. It has been heavily influenced by Buddhism, especially Zen, and the religion I was raised with (Christianity) ended up finally having an influence after I was opened to spirituality in adulthood, even if just due to proximity. I find some spiritual wisdom in most religions, though, and in anything and everything I can. The mundane and the spectacular.

Random fact about you?

I cook my own food now.

Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: ll-l

welcome!

i totally relate to.. not relating to one’s given name.

it really seems correlated to Ji-leads.

have u considered legally changing names?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Auburn.
    Danny
    Participant
    • Type: NeTi

Daniel officially, but my family always called me Danny. I’ve never been one to come up with new nicknames.

Where are you from?
    I was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. I lived in Israel for a few years and then moved to Oregon last year.

How old are you?
    I am 28.

What’s your sex?
    Male

Pretty typical story. Took 16 Personalities test and then started looking into the theory behind MBTI. Read Jung’s Psychological Types. I think I discovered CT through a Youtube channel though I can’t remember which one specifically.

INFJ. In Objective Personality I self-typed as FF NiTi SC/PB.

Yes, and he shares my interest in typology and CT. Maybe he’ll introduce himself at some point.

Do you have any kids?
    No, I don’t plan on having any.

Do you have any pets?
    No, but I would like one. I love dogs and cats equally.

Life motto?
    Hmm don’t really have one

Spirituality?
    I don’t follow a specific tradition but I practice various forms of yoga. My beliefs align closely with the 7 Hermetic Principles.

Random fact about you?
    I was born on April Fools’ Day.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Danny.
    snja
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: l---

My name is Sonja but sometimes I go by the alias humminglemming.

Where are you from?
    Finland, currently living in Helsinki.

How old are you?

What’s your gender?
    Female

Had a conversation with someone who was into visual typing. Asked where he had learned it from and among others things he gave me a link to this website. Now, after half a year or so I came back to it and found it to be quite interesting.

As a teenager I thought I might be an INFP but never really settled on any type. Last summer I finally wanted some closure and after considering almost every type (xD) settled on ISFP mostly based on the descriptions of cognitive functions and the feedback others gave me.

Yes <3

Do you have any kids?
    No

Do you have any pets?
    No I don’t, even though in the future I would like to have some kind of four-legged companion for sure. I’ve almost always had a dog or a cat around and now it feels like something important is missing.

Life motto?
    I don’t really have one.

Favorite Flavor?
    Coconut or vanilla

Spirituality?
    I was raised an atheist and later on got introduced to christianity. While I’m not at the moment willing to follow any religion I still having some kind of intrinsic faith for something, which manifest in me through the need to pray in my own silent way or just be.

Random fact about you?

Pretty happy with how my avocado project turned out!

• This reply was modified 4 days, 17 hours ago by snja.
    Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: ll-l

avocado project?

what sort of project?

(also, are u into health foods and stuff?)

urban
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: l---

I was looking for a username for my discord account a couple years ago and I just thought of something random, “urban” came to mind because I live near an urban landscape and I love the energy there so I just went with it for my name ever since then

What’s your gender?

Female

I heard my friends talking about the theory so I checked out the website and it looked so elegant and unique, and visual typing always caught my attention because it just ignores every sliver of bias a person might have and looks straight into the truth with mannerisms and those don’t lie

Nope lol

Do you have any kids?

No and i dont plan to have any

Do you have any pets?

Yes, I have 2 cats who I typed SiTe and FiSe xD

Life motto?

“If it’s within your grasp, if you know where it is and who it’s with, then you should run to it, grasp it and never let it go” -Mr. Gold

Favorite Flavor?

Rainbow sherbet

Random fact about you?

I spend way too much money on phone cases lmao

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Copyright 2012-2020 | CognitiveType.com
This website's articles, its reading methodology and practices are the intellectual property of J.E. Sandoval.
Animaged GIFs, images and videos belong to their respective owners.