About You?

Index Forums Official & Introductions About You?

• Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

A forum isn’t really a forum until it has an introduction thread. 😉

So here goes. I’ll start with myself! You only have to share what you want, feel free to skip any. You can unclick this little icon and then copy/paste the post formatting and swap in your answers. 🙂

What is your name? Or the story behind your alias?

Juan but this name was given to me by accident, sorta. Miscommunication between my parents, and my mother going along with tradition and naming me after my father despite him not wanting that. I never went by it at home, and I plan to get rid of the name eventually. I went by “Eduardo” with my family, and “Auburn” online.

Where are you from?

I was born in Mexico, but grew up in Arizona. I live in Northern California now.

How old are you?

I am 28.

What’s your gender?

Male

What got you interested in Cognitive Type?

Before all of this, a guy named Jonathan Rock (“Adymus”).

What did/do you type as in other systems?

INTP.

Do you have a partner/lover?

“it’s complicated” – but yes.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

No, but I’m fond of cats.

Life motto?

Nullius in Verba / Amor Fati

Favorite Flavor?

Mango

Spirituality?

Zen Buddhism

Random fact about you?

Today is my unbirthday.

If you can think of any other questions you might like to answer, or ask new members, please add them.

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Auburn.
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by Auburn.
    Keso
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Seelie

Keso – I was named after the flower named “Kesane” in my native language which translates as “Myosotis” in Latin and English.  My parents really like this flower. I usually use Myosotis as an username.

Where are you from?
    I was born and raised in Tbilisi, Georgia.

How old are you?
    I am 19, turning 20 in May.

What’s your gender?
    Female

Myself :p I was searching something new about cognitive functions 2 years ago and found cognitivetype.com on typology central wikia. Members said it was about body language and I thought – whoa, sounds cool! 😀

INFP, because I’m socially introverted and MBTIish E-I is about social intro/extroversion so yeah.

“It’s complicated” :p We call each other friends but we both know we have feelings for each other.

Do you have any kids?
    No.

Do you have any pets?
    No.

Life motto?
    Rideo, Ergo Sum. 

Favorite Flavor?
    Apples

Spirituality?
    I’m not spiritual in general, but I’m really into studying religions and I’m currently interested in Wicca.

Random fact about you?
    Active reader. I read a lot. A LOT. I read at least 100 pages per day. I’ve read 170+ books for the last 2 years.

Social Media? 

I have Facebook, YoutubeInstagram, Quora and Goodreads. Oh and also, Tumblr 🙂

Animal
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Attitude: Unseelie

What is your name?  Or the story behind your alias?
    My most recent incarnation is: Erica Xenne.  Xen –  the prefix, means ‘foreigner’ or ‘stranger.’ -Ne, the suffix, means ‘not.’

I was a professional singer as a teen, and lost my voice to an illness at 16 which left me speaking in a whisper forever.  Stripped of humanity and purpose, I was an animal; with no reason to live outside desire and instinct.  After intensive spiritual work, I summoned the ghost of my voice from the grave and organized my life around singing lead through my whisper and running my band.  Erica was reborn.

The given name Erika, or Erica, is a feminine form of Eric, deriving from the Old Norse name Eiríkr. The first element, ei- is derived either from the older Proto-Norse *aina(z), meaning “one, alone, unique”, as in the form Æinrikr explicitly, or from *aiwa(z) “long time, eternity”. The second element -ríkr stems either from *ríks “king, ruler” (cf. Gothic reiks) or from the therefrom derived *ríkijaz “kingly, powerful, rich”. The name is thus usually taken to mean “sole ruler, autocrat” or “eternal ruler, ever powerful”.

At that time, I changed my surname to Xenne , because I was a foreigner, exiled from Erosia, my passion; but I was also not a stranger to myself – I was channeling the essence of Erosia.  With or without my voice, I am a vessel through which passion emerges.

My last incarnation in this lifetime has arisen from the ashes, and taken form.  She still awaits a name, but on forums it has been “Animal” for years.  Animal is “so carnal it’s spiritual,” a pure force of vitality unobstructed by the complications of humanity — but also, a more base life form; one which consumes and destroys without remorse. There’s a hunter aspect in Animal, and also the idea of an ‘animating life force.’  (Anima – breath.)

I’d like to find the right name to encapsulate this. I had written a bunch of thoughts about it, a while back:

http://ericaxenne.com/2018/01/name/

Where are you from?
    Erosia.

How old are you?
    38, but ageless. I’m too young and too old at heart for whatever age I am; and I’ve been like that since childhood.

What’s your gender?
    Tigress 🙂

I joined my first forum when I was 32. I had always avoided the internet culture, but I remembered this old system called “enneagram” that I learned in college, and thought it might help me to understand my fictional characters.  Soon after I joined my first forum, I lost all my writing files – and by the time I got them back, I was deeply invested in enneagram and the people on the forum.  Typology helped me so much with my writing, and eventually, that lead me here!

Others typed me as ENFP or INFJ, but when I looked into the system myself, specifically Socionics Se “Volition” and “Force” – I knew I related to Se, and typed myself as ISFP and ESI, despite almost everyone insisting I was an intuitor.  Being a major aesthete & musician, Gamma SF made sense to me, though Se descriptions favored sports & food, which I don’t care about.

People derided me on every forum, telling me I was wrong and I didn’t know myself.  Various Socionics “experts” insisted I was Beta – usually Beta NF, but occasionally ST. After much ado, I worried perhaps I was seeing myself wrongly and gave Beta a chance.

I did more research, bought Auburn’s book, got into Socionics, Jung, Beebe etc.  When I got here, I told Auburn I was tentatively considering FeNi, but that his Fi description was quoting my own website and writings about myself, verbatim. Sure enough, my original self-typing, FiSe, was closer to the truth!

I married my soulmate. :3 @ivory

Do you have any kids?
    I consider my songs and my fictional characters to be my ‘children.’

Do you have any pets?
    I had two cat-soulmates, but I developed allergies and resorted to a two-legged partner. :3  As it turns out, he fulfills me in all the ways my cats did, and also more!

Life motto?

• The enemy is within. The hero is within. The savior is within.
    • If it’s not worth doing in excess, it’s not worth doing at all.
    • Music is divine symmetry.
    • Without a Muse, music is just math.
    • So carnal it’s spiritual.

Favorite Flavor?
    Ivory 😉

Spirituality?
    Erosian. 🙂 This is not a cop-out, I really do have a religion and ‘home planet’ that I’ve been developing since I was young, and I follow its principles and practices and impart them in my art.  I’m working on organizing some more direct material about the religion with my husband.

Random fact about you?
    Nothing is random.

Social Media?

ErosianExile.com

Soundcloud

Instagram

Facebook

Twitter

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Animal.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Animal.
    Bera
    • Development: ll--

Hello !

I tried to answer too.

Bera – is the name of one of my DnD characters (and her later versions/avatars :)) ). She is a barbarian totem warrior 🙂 and her spirit animal is the bear, so when I had to choose a name for her, I looked for a Norse girl name meaning bear and I found this one.

I didn’t know I was SeFi when I decided to use this name on the forum. I noticed much later that it sounds somewhat close to Ver

And that me and Animal are both SeFis and her name on the forum is Animal and mine means Bear. :))

Where are you from?

I am from Romania.

How old are you?

Isn’t it fun to guess someone’s age?? I think it is…:)

What’s your gender?

Female

Oh, there are two things I immediately liked about CT and that I haven’t seen anywhere else :

• the possibility to type people without having to ask them to do a test 🙂
    • the possibility to develop functions (and to be able to check if you really developed them or not).

I found out about the existence of certain connections between micro expressions and functions from a YouTube channel…and the You Tuber who had that channel mentioned she learned about these connections from CT.

This is basically how I found out about CT !

INFP

I have some partners in crime ! 😛

Do you have any pets?

Yes, a cat. Her name is Cat. <3

Do you have any kids?

If Cat counts as a kid, yeah…:P

Life motto?

I don’t like the idea of having a life motto and never had one.

But I can find one now. :)) It will of course not be a life motto but it will be a motto.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

Favorite Flavor?

Coffee, cinnamon, vanilla, dark chocolate, caramel, strawberries and others, I can’t pick only one favorite.

Spirituality?

Agnostic playing with woo-woo stuff

Random fact about you?

I had no idea how to ride a bike and I learned it recently (2 or 3 years ago) from a …professional who provides bike riding classes. :)) I found  it amazing how just shifting the focus also makes you change the direction. <3 It’s an Se thing, I guess.

Social Media? 

Facebook, LinkedIn. I hope people don’t expect me to give a link or something? 🙂 But of course I will give it to friends in private conversations.

Later edit ! I just realized I said my DnD character was a totem worrier, which is hilarious :))) Of course she was a totem warrior. :))) But I am a totem worrier, completely worried about totems, oh, dear. :)))

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Bera.
    Michael
    Participant
    • Type: FeSi
    • Development: l-ll
    • Attitude: Directive

Unceremoniously Michael.

Where are you from?
    I was born in Merced, CA but lived in Long Beach, CA from 6 months until 30 at which point I moved to Albuquerque, NM. After a little under 3 years there, I relocated to Phoenix, AZ and have been settled here for just over 10 years.

How old are you?

What’s your gender?
    Male

A member of an Enneagram Facebook group in which I’m a member commented about using observations made of people’s eye movements to aid in typing. I did some quick Google searching and landed here!

Enneagram: 5w4 MBTI: INFJ I’ve arrived at these results through sort of a triangulation of the official MBTI, independent study of professional writings, and third-party feedback.

Nope.

Do you have any kids?
    3 natural sons and a former step-daughter who I continue to raise as my own.

Do you have any pets?
    My ex-wife left 2 cats we acquired when we were together.

Life motto?
    They way “it” was is irrelevant. What matters is the pursuit of how “it” should be.

Favorite Flavor?
    None. In fact, I’d just assume not bother with consumption and instead rely on acquring what nutrients my body needs via osmosis. Ideally, I’d like my conciousness transferred from this biological vessle into some other medium whereby I’d be liberated of all this body maintenance that all too frequently interrupts my preferred mode of existence. Come on, science!

Spirituality?
    Spiritual, yes. Religious? Not in the least.

Random fact about you?
    I’m only ever myself when I’m alone. Interestingly enough, being alone is when I am most content and relaxed.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Michael.
    Thana
    Participant
    • Type: NiTe

I don’t want to give out name on a public forum, even if it’s just my first name. I’m a bit paranoid. I did not come up with my alias unfortunately, instead it was originally the name of tumblr blog I encountered in 2011 that posted interesting material including MBTI related stuff. I first appropriated the name in 2015 when I registered to PersonalityCafe because I had a hard time coming up with an alias. Nonetheless, the Freudian connotation didn’t escape me and I had a nascent understanding on how it encapsulated me. Little did I realize at the time, that name would take on a life of its own and come to symbolically encapsulate my journey with mental illness, death (intense and obsessive-compulsive suicidal and homicidal ideation), decay, transgression, eroticized violence, and eventually healing and transformation.

During the years of ill-properly treated mental illness, the language of violence and destruction were the only ones the spoke clearly to me. I wasn’t overtly violent, but I carried a lot of rage, hatred, and grief, and I was just waiting for the moment to tip over to the other side, the point where I irrevocably reached that moral and psychological event horizon which in my mind included murder. I was also obsessed with my own death and the symbolic implications of it. I often had grandiose visions of my own murder-suicide, an event that would go beyond Columbine and Yukio Mishima’s televised suicide by seppuku. I was obsessed with death and consuming the most violent and degenerate material out there. It was all one big death rehearsal. I was cut off from the well-spring of humanity, Cosmic Love and thus I set out to embody the worst aspects of my personality. I wanted to set the world on fire.

I couldn’t have my love and sex without pain and a bit violence. My first relationship, as short as it was, was toxic, volatile, emotionally abusive, and unfortunately left a lasting imprint on me romantically, sexually, and existentially which I’m trying to still recover from. We engaged in an eroticized danse macabre fed by his past abuse and my natural sadomasochistic tendencies. We set ourselves on fire with no hope of anything arising from the fiery destruction.

It wasn’t until January of this year that I had the goal to go beyond that. I’ll always have that downward pull to the abyss but I wanted to integrate it into something higher, something that encapsulated all aspects of life and death. I had to break out of the illusion that all I was destined for were decay and destruction. Those delusions needed to die or else I’d die prematurely. Fire could be used to both destroy and purify and that’s essentially what I set out to do.

Where are you from?

Western US

How old are you?

20s

What’s your gender?

Fembot

It was natural progression from learning socionics, as socionics is a natural progression from learning MBTI and Jungian cognitive functions. It also helps @animal is obsessed with it haha. But I love the archetypal narrative and structure of Cognitive Types. It’s a work in progress which is exciting because regardless of your level of participation you are a part of helping further solidify and enrich the system. It’s not a static system.

In MBTI, I used to type as an INFP for the longest time. First it was INTJ, then INTP, then INFP. When I learned socionics and got typed by others, I typed at ESI. Then a short foray into LSI and then ILI. Before Auburn typed me, I was struggling between FiSe and NiTe, and funny enough my original typing, INTJ (NiTe), was correct even if it was by accident (or perhaps coincidence).

In enneagram I am core 5w4 sp/sx, full tritype 5w4 9w8 3w4 sp/sx.

I have a lover and potential lover at work whom I flirt heavily with. I’m not in a committed relationship as I’m extremely picky about serious relationships. I’m not going to lie, I’m addicted to the attention, sex, and praise but I’m not polyamorous. Once I’m in a serious relationship, I am 100% with them.

Do you have any kids?

No and I don’t want any

Do you have any pets?

No 🙁

Life motto?

Hard to encapsulate my life motto. I’ll have to put a raincheck on that.

Favorite Flavor?

Spicy or something fresh/refreshing

Spirituality?

A hodgepodge of mysticism, occultism, and gnosticism. It’s ever evolving into something better articulated.

Social Media

Mainly facebook, discord, goodreads, and a blog of my journal entries. I won’t link them here, but you can ask for them via PM.

Random Fact About Me

-___________-

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Thana.
    Tea
    Participant

Animal asked me this. It’s literally a Ne parody. I was registering for the forum, and I was like “Oh shit, it wants a username. Why am I never prepared for this? It’s so obvious it’s coming.” I was drinking tea and pictures Mike Myers “Cawfee Talk” segment on SNL and maybe even Hyacinth Bucket’s pretension. I thought they were funny. I like the sound /t/ a lot. I like the alliteration. I like tea. I like the parody Tea Time conjures which, for me, is laughing with my friends with a little bit of philosophical musing. (“The women come and go, talking of Michaelangelo” but less pretentious.) It also sounded like Te-Time in my head.

I’d rather not use my real name because I still live with the delusion that I can say whatever I want about whomever I want and keep myself and friends/family anonymous.

Where are you from?

I’m from The Yay (specifically East SF Bay).

How old are you?

Of age.

What’s your gender?

Female.

My interest in Jungian Cognitive Functions (JCF) has waxed and waned over the years. I always came back to them because the distinctions seemed to exist in my psyche – though hazy – before I found them, so that made them seem “real.” I was convinced that we model the world differently across quadras and that we have inherent social biases due to function differences.

I first came across CT from a website called TiUnblinking. That was… 2013? CT was still in its infancy, bit I had tremendous faith in it.

By frequency: ENFP(p) = INFP(j) > INTP > INTJ > INFJ

Yeth.

Do you have any kids?

Yeth.

Do you have any pets?

A dog who thinks he’s a cat. He’s definitely a dog version of me. Likes to nap, knows you’re asking him to do something but just walks away.

Life motto?

(in progress)

Favorite Flavor?

Depends on texture and temperature.

Spirituality?

(in progress)

Random fact about you?

I’m not fun, but I always have fun.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Auburn.
    • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Tea.
    • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Auburn.
    Evergreen
    Participant
    • Type: TiSe
    • Development: l---

Name: Gwen

Alias: I chose “Evergreen” for a few reasons. I live in the Pacific Northwest and evergreen trees are one of my favorite things here. I also feel alive in winter, and I love venturing out into nature when it’s cold and all you can see are evergreen trees and snow. I also see evergreens as being a symbol of life and vitality during times of darkness, transcending death, and immortality.

Where are you from?

Oregon

How old are you?

What’s your gender?

Female

I saw a YouTuber talking about visual typing and she mentioned CT. I was already interested in personality, but I never felt like I was able to see myself objectively enough to type myself, so I was intrigued by CT right away.

I never officially typed myself in MBTI because no single type description ever felt right to me, but I knew I was introverted and I suspected I was a thinking type. Online tests usually came out as INxJ.

I think part of the problem was that my Big 5 traits don’t match up well with the Myers-Briggs temperament dichotomies — e.g. I have high openness and conscientiousness, but in Myers-Briggs terminology I’d actually be an ISTP, not an NJ type.

No.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

No, but I love animals and I had an amazing dog for many years. <3

Life motto?

Still working on it. 🙂

Favorite Flavor?

I love mint.

Spirituality?

Also still working on it. 🙂 For me, one of the biggest spiritual questions has always been: Is existence intrinsically meaningful or are we just “here”? I think it’s meaningful, and that’s where I find religion and spirituality.

Random fact about you?

I’m pretty good at bocce ball.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Evergreen.
    Elisa Day
    Participant
    • Type: TiSe

It’s from a song by Nick Cave:

”They called me the Wild Rose

but my name was Elisa Day

why they called me that I do not know

for my name was Elisa Day”

I thought it fit a common theme in the typology community when so often you see people saying “they typed me XXXX, but I type myself  XXXX.”

Where are you from?
    USA

How old are you?

What’s your gender?
    Female

I had been noticing visual patterns and typing people that way using my own system forever. Then I saw some YouTube people talking about VI and relating it to MBTI. My mind was blown because I hadn’t connected the two before. When I talked about it with others eventually someone asked if I had heard of CT. I was excited to see common patterns between CT and what I had noticed myself and thrilled that we agreed on so many people’s types. That rarely happens for me in other systems.

ISFP for over 10 years (because I’m an artist and stereotypes), then INFP for a few years, then INFJ (ironically after discovering cognitive functions and VI), now back to INFP after being typed FiNe. I was typing as IEI in Socionics, but now I don’t know anymore. EII just doesn’t really seem to fit. In enneagram I’m most likely 4w5 5w4 9w1 Sx/So.

It’s very complicated

Do you have any kids?
    No.

Do you have any pets?
    No, but I want a bunny

Life motto?
    I never had one, but lately I’ve been trying to adopt “those who dare win.”

Favorite Flavor?
    I don’t know. I’m terrible at the favorite game.

Spirituality?
    Witchery

Random fact about you?
    What are facts? What is me?

Lilith
    Participant
    • Development: ll-l

My irl name is Renee (meaning ‘reborn’, which is quite apt since rebirth/transcendence has been the repetitive theme in my life).

Magickal name Estira.

My alias, Alerith, is what Auburn named me ^^ It’s really like a second name I go by, especially in this community, so I’ve kept it through the years.

Where are you from?

California Central Coast

How old are you?

32.. but I feel more like a suspension between an 8 year old puella aeterna and a 100 year old crone ;p

What’s your gender?

Femelle

Welp, since a pretty young age I noticed patterns in humanity. It was as if many people were essentially copies of each other. I was fascinated by how it seemed like when two people with the same type of energy, smiles and/or articulation style conversed, they would amplify the traits they had in common. The topic of compatibility was a special interest of mine, being that I felt isolated/misplaced and desired to find a way to identify my ‘kin’. When I met Auburn around the beginning of 2013, he shared his insights about visual reading and the functions.. and it all totally made sense! I was impressed with how far he’d gone with quantifying the phenomenon I’d glimpsed, and I just had to collaborate on the further development of the theory 😀

INTP in MBTI – never got anything else.

Yes <3 (but I’m poly so it’s not like I’m ‘taken’ 😉 )

Do you have any kids?

Nuh-uh :p

Do you have any pets?

Only if you count the ravens and ground squirrels I hang out with in the forests ’round where I live ^__^ <3

Life motto?

Amor Fati

&

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Favorite Flavor?

The blood of freshly sacrificed victims on a new moon’s night >:D

loll jk

Probably pu-erh tea.

Spirituality?

bah – I hate the term ‘spirituality’ :p What does it mean, really? It’s one of those damned general terms for an abstract concept not properly quantified by society.. *grumble grumble* /end rant

My views revolve more around determinism and analytical psychology than any religious tradition or belief system. However I identify as Pagan and am a practicing witch (Gray path). I’m also into Zen philosophy and vipassana meditation. My Goddess is the Void..

Random fact about you?

Integrative Medicine, natural cures and diagnostic research are a special interest of mines. I have a sylladex of around a hundred or so supplements and treatment regimens for some of Western society’s most prominent disorders (stop eating high fructose corn syrup dammit!! >,<) Truth be told, an overarching goal is to prevent/cure all disease and ageing. Partly because I’d like to be immortal O:)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Lilith.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Lilith.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Lilith.
    Hrafn
    Participant
    • Type: SiFe
    • Development: l-ll

Hrafn is an allusion to my namesake, and to all the thoughts & memories connected therewith.

Where are you from?

The North

How old are you?

I guess I’m a very old millennial

What’s your gender?

Cis-male

Seeking to learn more about myself, and feeling perpetually uncertain about what type I was.

After I first became interested in the MBTI system, back when I was in high school, I intuitively felt that types were intrinsic and maybe genetic. I Google-stumbled into a pseudosciency system called Brain Types. Despite all the red flags, it fit so well into my preconceptions about personality types that I didn’t really question it for a number of years. (OK, I was also sort of gullible at that age). Eventually I lost interest in Brain Types, and gradually recognized that it was sorta bogus. Ostensibly, I took Jungian typologies with a heavy grain of salt after that. But somehow I couldn’t shake the feeling that there was actually something to them and I actually had a true type. For a long time, I wasn’t sure whether this was because my mind had been permanently shaped by my earlier exposure to it, or whether there actually was something to my gut feelings on this topic.

As I said above, I felt perpetually uncertain about my type in the MBTI system, because none of them seemed quite right. INFP was the closest match, and what I usually identified as. ENTP was a close second, oddly enough. Knowing, as I do now, that I’m a polarized SiFe explains to me understand why I was conflicted between those two types. Even before I discovered CT, I had come to recognize that I had heavy Si, but there’s no way I could fit in as one of the high-Si types in the MBTI system.

On the Enneagram I’m some combination of 9w1, 4w5 and 7w6—probably in that order. Sometimes I’m uncertain about that as well, but I see the Enneagram as more of an art than a science, and I don’t feel convinced I actually have a “true type” in that system.

In the Brain Types system, I eventually decided that I must surely be an FCIR (Front Conceptual Inanimate Right) – aka ENTP. They claim that something like 50-75% of the population is FCIR’s. I never saw any actual criteria for differentiating Brain Types, though, aside from some vague things about motor movements. I suspect it was mostly based on impressions. Interestingly, I’m pretty sure the founder/CEO of Brain Types is a similar shade of SiFe as I am.

Yes

Do you have any kids?

No

Do you have any pets?

Nope

Life motto?

I dunno, there are a number I could choose from…

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
    –Dr. Seuss (the Lorax)

“We are contaminated by our encounters; they change who we are as we make way for others. As contamination changes world-making projects, mutual worlds—and new directions—may emerge. Everyone carries a history of contamination; purity is not an option.”
    –Anna Lowenhaupt Tsing

“Moderately wise a man should be
    Don’t wish for too much wisdom;
    A man’s heart is seldom happy
    When he is truly wise.”
    –Sayings of the High One

Favorite Flavor?

Mmm, there are too many to choose from. And it depends a lot on context.

I like Szechuan peppercorns because they have such an unusual & disarming flavor. I like hollandaise sauce because of the tantalizing savoriness that the lemon helps bring out. I like wild blueberries, especially when they’re fresh—they also have a tantalizingly acidic quality. I like kimchi, but as much for the way it feels in my belly as for the flavor itself. Also I love the flavours of garlic, maple syrup, capsaicin. In general I’m drawn to food with dark, heavy, savory flavors.

Spirituality?

I don’t follow any religion, but I certainly have spiritual beliefs. Some of them are quite particular, but a lot of them are vague, fluid & not well articulated. I believe true spirituality comes more from images, gut-feelings, flashes of insight, “knowing,” etc., than from articulated tenets.

Random fact about you?

I love all the seasons, but especially fall & winter.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Hrafn.
    • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Hrafn.
    Shelley Lorraine
    Participant

Shelley Lorraine is my real name. I was named after one of my father’s friends (Shelley) and my maternal grandmother (Lorraine).

Aliases I have gone by online (‘cause I feel like oversharing):

MagicDreamer

• my very first online alias, back when there was nothing much to do on the internet except have an alias ;p

Song_of_the_Ocean

• my second online alias, created back when everything oceanic was my obsession. It’s the alias under which I first contacted my husband and it is still my Yahoo alias today

flightysprite

• my original twitter handle and website domain name – I still own the domain flightysprite.com, but there’s nothing there anymore

shelleyintherain

• my current wordpress-blog alias and what my youngest sister used to believe my name really was XD

MountainShelley

• my current Twitter and Tumblr alias. I still love the ocean, but my home is in the mountains <3

Where are you from?

I was born in Oregon, currently live in Colorado, and consider myself from Montana (having grown up mostly there)

How old are you?

What’s your gender?

Female

I discovered CT via the INTJ INFP Coffee girls on youtube and quickly replaced my previous mbti obsession with CT.

7w6, 2w1, 9w1 sx/sp in enneagram

In other Jungian-based systems, I could never place myself. I typed as INxJ when I was much younger, but began considering nearly every type after that until I came to CT.

I’ve been married 13 years

Do you have any kids?

Nope. Happily childfree.

Do you have any pets?

Three cats, three dogs, and a little parrot <3

Life motto?

“It Depends”

I only just decided this based on a conversation in Discord recently. I’ll probably have a new motto next week. ;p

Favorite Flavor?

It depends 😉

Spirituality?

Pagan – naturalistic in practice,  but not necessarily a material monist.

Visit my blog for more about spiritual journey: https://shelleyintherain.wordpress.com

Random fact about you?

I have mirror-touch synesthesia

Nicholas
    Participant

My name is Nick, which, in 1999 (the year I was born), ascended to its highest degree of popularity to date, landing at the #5 position for boy’s names. I was given this name, not for familial pride, cultural significance, or ancestral legacy, but novelty.

To explain my username, I must first identify one of the most emotionally captivating, timeless, and cinematically stunning films of the 20th century: The Transformers: The Movie, which premiered in 1986. This movie, in a truly heartwarming scene, articulates a highly poetic universal greeting, of which my username is the first half.

Where are you from?

“The Queen of the West,
    In her garlands dressed,
    On the banks of the Beautiful River.”

How old are you?

What’s your gender?

Male

My cousin, who is also a community member, introduced me to the work of Carl Jung.

No.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

One whiny cat, two old dogs, and a fish named Franklin.

Life motto?

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Friedrich Nietzsche

Spirituality?

Is Pepsi okay?

Random fact about you?

I think poetry is kinda cool.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Nicholas.
    Sarah.H
    Participant

Just Sarah. Or Sar by intimates. I don’t really have an alias that I’m happy with on social media. I don’t know how people come up with these!

Where are you from?

Country Victoria in Australia, but migrated to the capital city Melbourne.

How old are you?

What’s your gender?

Female

My partner got me into it typology. We stumbled across Cognitive Type recently and are keenly following its progress.

INFP, although my cognitive type assessment is making sense to me.

Yes 🙂

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

No, I am sadly not capable (too forgetful/neglectful)! haha

Life motto?

*hits gong*

Favorite Flavor?
    Chocolate. How unique.

Spirituality?

Bits and pieces of Buddhism and Taoism

Random fact about you?

I really like billiards. I think this is weird for me. lol

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Sarah.H.
    Rua
    • Type: NeTi

Something, something, Shakespeare; something, something, rose.

Where are you from?

An Orwellian comedy.

How old are you?

Old enough to want to be a tad younger.

What’s your gender?

Female.

Have been following personality typologies (starting with MBTI and leading back to Jung) on and off for the greater part of a decade; after Pod’lair arrived on the scene (I was made painfully aware of them through INTPf) with all its cultishness I dipped for a while. I also found myself overgeneralizing with my flawed knowledge of MBTI at the time, unable to gain new ground or use existing knowledge to achieve new insights, but Cognitive Type is on the right track imo!

INTP is what I initially typed as in MBTI; embarrassingly I thought I was INFJ until I was bludgeoned by my vultology report. However, upon reflection I think NeTi actually makes a great deal more sense. I could never quite figure out exactly what Se was in relation to myself or how it manifested. Turns out I never had it.

Yes, I love her so very much, more than I realized I was capable of. When I think of her I feel renewed motivation to be the best version of myself that I can be.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

A doggo that is fond of making strange and endearing sounds.

Life motto?

The Litany Against Fear.

Favorite Flavor?

I am terrible at describing flavors with language, and also I don’t remember a specific favorite if I have one. For me the question is context-specific.

Spirituality?

The divinity of love and forgiveness.

Random fact about you?

This was the hardest question to answer.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Rua.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Rua.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Rua.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by Rua.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by Rua.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Rua.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Rua.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Rua.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Rua.
    Quin
    Participant
    • Type: NiTe

I go by Quin, or Q. I chose the name Quin after the Q in Star Trek who wanted the freedom to die.

Where are you from?

I’m still figuring that one out. My family would say New York, but I just don’t feel related to this planet.

How old are you?

33 or so.

What’s your gender?

Male.

I assume the question is specific to the system on this site. I have an inherent repulsion to typing others by VI, but I’m beginning to wonder if it has some merit. So I’m here to learn and mull.

Initially, INTP, but something felt off about it. So I posted a type-me on Personality Cafe and LiquidLight posed the possibility of INFJ. I explored a bit more and intuition seemed to fit my mentality and background, but Feeling did not. People suggested ENTP and INTJ. At the end, I just had to see myself from the outside a bit and consider my own internal progression to see that INTJ was the best fit.

I’ve typed at INTJ since, in cognitive functions, Socionics and all, and haven’t looked back.

I also call myself an Enneagram 5w4.

Yes.

Do you have any kids?

I deal with enough people who expect to be babied day over day, that I would go even more crazy if I had kids. I don’t know how people have kids and jobs at the same time.

Do you have any pets?

Two doggies and a cat, the cat marooned at my parents’. He is more theirs than mine now, but he was always his own.

Life motto?

Nothing makes sense except the thinking mind.

Favorite Flavor?

Whatever makes fresh yakisoba so great.

Spirituality?

I believe in demystifying the things others call mystical. I find spirituality in deeper or better understanding that can be used to answer questions others cover with myth or don’t bother to ask at all.

Random fact about you?

I like to write.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Quin.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Quin.
    Auburn
    Keymaster

Welcome fellow Star Trek fan!

Celeste
    Participant

I normally use Kai since it’s easy to remember and write, but someone already took it in this forum so I ended up choosing Celeste since I like how it looks and sounds (more so the Spanish pronunciation, Celesteh, than the English one where they last e is cut out)

Where are you from?

I’m from Brazil, was born there, but didn’t stay long so I moved to Spain where I spent the majority of my life. Now Canada is my place of residence.

How old are you?

Uhh, very young, probably the youngest out of all the members.

What’s your gender?

Female.

I’ve been obsessed with Jungian typology for quite a while now so anything that’s “new” and related to it always peaks my curiosity. Especially the application of body language which makes typing people much easier.

INTP, never got anything else. I thought I was one since I fitted the typical stereotypical description of being cold, socially awkward and extremely logical. But now since my report came I started to realize that I was confusing the functions/being Unseelie and that I’m actually a NeFi.

No, I don’t think I’m mature enough for that.

Do you have any pets?

No, but I used to have little fishes! Until they started eating each other.

Life motto?

You have to give people a little bit of you and still keep something back.

Favorite Flavor?

Mango and passion fruit mixed together.

Spirituality?

I believe in the existence of the soul but only in humans, also bad and good spirits. I’m not religious but If I ever were to choose any type of Religion or follow spiritual beliefs I would definitely say that Aboriginal spirituality is fascinating and seems like something that I’d follow.

Random fact about you?

I love cinema and anime. More so the first one since I don’t watch anime as much as before, but I used to big a very big fan. I also have a MyAnimeList and Letterboxd account if anyone is interested in those things, too.

CandyDealer
    Participant
    • Development: l-l-

My name is Filippo and “CandyDealer” is inspired by my discord name which was randomly chosen.

How old are you?

What got you interested in cognitive type?

I found CT by chance. I found it interesting because of the efficiency of the system (that has increased even more with the latest development update) that make sense of cognitive processes behind human behavior and doesn’t propagandate stereotypes on types that have no purpose but to create those often unrealistic descriptions, whereas here, although there are articles dealing with some stereotypes of the various cognitive functions, the focus is on the actual metabolism of those functions. In the end let’s say it clearly: typing a person through their movements/expressions is cool.

Mainly ENTP, sometimes I got some INTP result, but I would definitely say ENTP.

No.

Do you have any pets?

A fluffy and often hungry cat that lives a bit far from me though. In any case I’m not a huge fan of animals.

Life motto?

I don’t think I have one or, at least, I think I’ve never thought of one, erm “don’t get shot, shoot first and whether you hit or not, then escape” or “it’s not a bad day as long as it is a good day” or even “if everyone says you are right and you realize you were wrong, well, it might be the last time they say you’re right, so enjoy it”

Favorite flavor?

Too difficult question.

Spirituality?
    I once went to church.

Random fact about you?

I have no random facts about me.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by CandyDealer.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by CandyDealer.
    Sander
    Participant

What is your name? Where are you from? How old are you?

Sander, from the Netherlands, 33 year old male

For my master thesis in 2013, I researched optimal personality diversity and the literature was so disappointing! My pilot study verified that diversity within the quadrants was optimal (in agile software teams, using Nardi’s 8 functions test), and then I discovered socionics. So, I looked more outside of academia and found Cognitive Type through their experimentation with EEG (also inspired by Nardi).

In 2016, I considered Cognitive Type ready to test, and learned that much Fi/disgust was showing up on my face. Unfortunately, the dismissal of double extraverts conflicted with both the data I gathered and my personal experience; so, I concluded it was not yet useable – and that changed with development levels!

The (official) MBTI indicated ENTP, while INTP felt a better match (my ego was T-fixated)

However, I’m extraverted according to the Big Five, and according to UnderstandMyself.com: openness > agreeableness > conscientiousness > neuroticism

Life motto? Favorite Flavor? Spirituality?

“I find easier ways”, I prefer “meaning”, and I don’t believe in the bible but I believe in Christ (as he saved me from my past)

Note that God is at least the ultimate pretext, and therefore a personality that adapts to context; so God is Constructive Pattern, the complement to Relevant Matter/Life

Random fact about you? Do you have a partner/lover? Do you have any kids? Do you have any pets?

I live on a sailing boat, God is my lover, I am my own child, and I hold my deamons on a leash

___
    My type report (when logged in)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Sander.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Sander.
    Auburn
    Keymaster

Your glasses are two different shapes!

LadyNerdsky
    Participant
    • Type: FiNe

Emma. Lady Nerdsky is my usual online alias, because funnily enough I am both a lady and a nerd.

Where are you from? How old are you? What’s your gender?
    Australia, 35, Female.

I’m a Psychology major obsessed with typology systems. Went from MBTI to Cognitive Functions to Enneagram, with a quick toe dip in the Socionics pond. I’ve learned that subjective self-perception often doesn’t square with external reality thanks to our pesky egos (amongst other issues) so an objective system would be valuable for breaking down the illusions of our personality. I’m also frustrated that personality is not studied and therefore basically ignored in Psychology programs (besides Big 5, MMPI) because existing theories aren’t scientifically validated, and yet there’s overwhelming value in their applicability. If Objective Typing “works” in an empirically verifiable way, I’m very excited for the future potential.

INTJ in MBTI (“validated” with MBTI Step-II, except who can really trust self-report psychometrics when you know exactly how to answer the questions to bias the outcome), ILI-Ni in Socionics, recently outed as an SP/SO 9w1 (not a 5w4 like I thought for years).

Do you have a partner/lover? Do you have any kids?
    Nope, hope not.

Do you have any pets?

Yes, a neurotic Maltese.

Life motto?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Favorite Flavor?
    Mocha.

Spirituality?
    Atheist exploring alternate psycho-spiritual philosophies.

Random fact about you?
    I have Brachydactyly type D (aka “Toe Thumb” like Megan Fox)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by LadyNerdsky.
    Auburn
    Keymaster

OH, what kind of nerdy stuff are we talkin’ about here? 😮

Academia?

• Mathematics
    • Physics
    • Engineering
    • Biology

Philosophy?

• Skepticism
    • Existentialism
    • Transhumanism

Emerging Transport Systems?

• Hyperloop
    • Electric Vehicles
    • Vertical Takeoff and Landing Cars
    • Renewable Space Rockets

Gadgets?

• Wearable Tech
    • Smartphones
    • Drones

Entertainment?

• Rick & Morty
    • Anime
    • Big Bang Theory
    • Carl Sagan’s Cosmos?
    • etc?
    marcus aurelius
    Participant
    • Attitude: Directive

Marcus Aurelius was a pretty cool guy, I needed a username, the rest is history

Where are you from?

Earth, i think

How old are you?

What’s your gender?

Boi

The comprehensiveness of this system compared to other ones and my compulsive need to type myself i.e. feel like a special snowflake.

I especially appreciate how CT shows how every type can be truly incredible, as opposed to MBTI’s clear N bias (ex: INTJs are brilliant, world conquering masterminds; ISTJs are human filing cabinets)

Any of the NTs, depending on my mood that day (one time i got ENFP?? that was odd)

Life motto?

I have too many

Spirituality?

A unique blend of American pragmatism, vaguely pantheist wonder, and post-Christian dread of my fragility in a world far more grand and terrible than I can fathom

Random fact about you?

My day job mostly involves statistical analysis of data, which I find a lot of fun but seems atypical for my type

Also Streetlight Manifesto is my favorite band of all time

Hannah
    Participant

Hannah. No special reason, random parental choice at birth.

Where are you from?
    I was born in Rainier, Washington. I moved to Western North Carolina when I was 6, and I’ve been here ever since. Sweet Appalachia.

How old are you?
    Just turned 30 last month.

What’s your gender?
    Female

The internet. This group specifically, I heard about through an Enneagram Facebook group.

In Enneagram I type as So/Sx 1w2 5w6 2w3

Yes. I’ve been married to my husband for almost 10 years.

Do you have any kids?
    Yes, 2 boys.
    Samson, age 8
    Odin, age 2

Do you have any pets?
    No, but we’re in the market for a dog.

Life motto?
    Life is shit, and then you die. Not really. But really.

Favorite Flavor?
    Too many. I enjoy taste in general.

Spirituality?
    Christian Universalism, formerly Reformed Baptist.

Random fact about you?
    I’m obsessed with Latin and Latin Grammar.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON