TiSe Profiles
FiSe Profiles
FiNe Profiles
SiFe Profiles
NiFe Profiles
NiTe Profiles
SiTe Profiles
About You?
Viewing 11 posts - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    AeonLux
    Participant
    • Type: TeNi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Unseelie

What is your name? Or the story behind your alias? Where are you from?

This particular alias was an evolution of sorts. It started as LuxAeterna, which is Latin for “eternal light.” It represents a turning point, a sort of existential shift, in a past chapter of my life. This was the point where the cognitive dissonance snapped. Clint Mansell’s Lux Aeterna became a sort of theme song for my life at that time. It resonated with me on such a deep level. It inspired many mental and philosophical wanderings and explorations that would follow this life-changing event. Eventually, LuxAeterna transitioned to AeonLux and then AeonaLux, a play on the original. “Aeon” is the Latin transliteration from the Koine Greek word “aion” meaning “forever” or “everlasting.” I became known as “Lux” in many spaces. There’s a running theme spanning years where I find solace or refuge in symbolism and abstract concepts that encapsulate a spiritual, personal and intellectual journey. I eventually adopted Aeona as my chosen name and that led to legally changing my entire name.

Originally the theme song for Requiem for a Dream. (Aronofsky is one of my favorite filmmakers)

I was born in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. I’ve lived all over. I tend to call SoCal and NorCal home. I also grew up in the PNW and moved around a bit when I was married to my first husband who was active duty military.

How old are you?

I turn 38 this year.

What's your gender?

Female.

What got you interested in Cognitive Type?

I originally came across the website a couple years ago and was intrigued. Of all the systems I was familiar with at the time, I was most impressed with CT. I appreciated its methodology and what it was aiming to explore and explain. I later came back to it when a friend from FB-MBTI space raved about his experience and encouraged I explore it further. That was a couple months ago and I’ve been diving into the the articles and videos since then and roped my husband and teenagers into it.

What did/do you type as in other systems?

INFP when I first started exploring personality theory back in ‘06. I read Keirsey’s book and this archetype seemed to suit me. The personality typology space back then certainly wasn’t what it grew into overtime. It has changed a lot. I remember taking a variety of personality tests thereafter and would consistently get INFP. Later, that turned to INTP. But this was fairly consistent for 10+ years.

I later took an MBTI assessment at the start of a graduate course and received INTJ and was immediately resistant to it because I didn’t identify with the profile or archetype. I couldn’t identify with any of the TJ profiles and stereotypes. When I later revisited typology spaces after some time away, I started taking cognitive function assessments and would consistently get INTJ.

Enneagram tritype: 584

Socionics: ILI-INTp

Self-assessments having limitations due to intuitive bias and ego-based associations and identification with an archetype led me to pursue an outside assessment for a more objective analysis. I opted to be typed in CPT (Cognitive Personality Theory) when I started to suspect that I may lead with Te, and this came with its own “WTF?!?” moment(s) because I never saw myself as a Te lead. I “felt” INTJ was most fitting based on my own assessment and attempts to peel back layers to really uncover the way I process external data and navigate my environment across different developmental stages and how it informs and shapes my identity. However, simply identifying with an archetype or the descriptions of cognitive functions was not enough. There were certain things that stood out that made me question lead Ni. Te started to make more sense despite not relating to it as an archetype. CPT’s ENTJ archetype made the most sense to me.

CPT: ETS-Nf (ENTJ) — divergent subtype / authority (Ni) archetype.

Do you have a partner/lover?

Yes.

Do you have any kids?

Yes. I have five kids.

Do you have any pets?

Four cats with “s” names. We had to maintain the trend/theme.

Sokka (Avatar)

Shado (Arrow)

Shuri (Black Panther)

Sunny (Into the Badlands)

Life motto?

I have several, but this one definitely sticks out: “The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is Reason.” - Thomas Paine

Favorite Flavor?

I love all things chocolate. But really, I don’t think I have a single favorite. It’s mood and season dependent.

Spirituality?

I’ve studied and explored numerous philosophies and traditions over the years. I’ve held varying views on all sorts of metaphysical and supernatural claims and arguments. I have a soft sport for Dharmic and Vedic philosophies. I was a practicing Mahayana Buddhist many years ago and eventually developed a deep appreciation for Taoism and that led to Zen Buddhism. I also have a deep fascination with and appreciation for the Mazdayasni tradition and the Gathic period of the ancient Persian religion.

I identify as a relative atheist — agnostic pandeist. I’m also a Humanist. I find the concept of Ietsism appealing and comforting in a “we are made of starstuff,” to quote Carl Sagan, kind of way. But I am agnostic (weak) due to insufficient knowledge and thus avoid positing any absolute claims.

Random fact about you?

I collect artisanal oud (agarwood) and sandalwood oils. I’m also a niche, artisanal and bespoke perfume collector.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by AeonLux.
    Juan E. Sandoval
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

@metaphysique - Lux Aeterna was one of those songs that really struck a cord with me too, when I first heard it. I must have replayed it a hundred times during that time period. It was in my playlist next to another dramatic song I like called "Death is The Road to Awe"

..from the Fountain movie. I've seen the Fountain but not Requiem for a Dream. I meant to watch it, but didn't get around to it. Maybe now I will.

Hooray fellow atheist and Reason junkie!

AeonLux
    Participant
    • Type: TeNi
    • Development: lll-

@auburn, The Fountain is one of my favorite films and scores. It’s very near and dear to me, especially “Death is The Road to Awe.” I actually have it as a tattoo as part of a bigger piece and Max Richter’s “On the Nature of Daylight.”

Now I’m curious, have you typed Clint Mansell? I suspect a number of my favorite composers are Ti/Fe. One of my other favorites, the late Johan Johannson, I suspected was INFJ in JCF. I want to check out videos of Hans Zimmer to see if there’s a trend.

Lapis Lazuli
    Participant
    • Type: SiFe
    • Development: l-l-
    • Attitude: Unknown

I've gotten as far as Delta (undecided on energetics), probably reviser, when looking at Max Richter in the past, but would be open to Alpha.  Do you have any GIFs showing Fe/Ti signals?

For Hans Zimmer, I think TiNe.

I wasn't familiar with Clint Mansell.  Scrolling through Google images just now though, he looks clearly Delta.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Lapis Lazuli.
    Solanum
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:

What is your name? Or the story behind your alias?
    Solanum is the Latin name for nightshade, a plant genus comprising several interesting plants. They have a dual nature: named after the sun in Latin, their English (and German) name speaks of darkness. Some of them can kill, but also nourish if used correctly. Even their appearance is contrasting in its vibrancy. In my opinion, they reflect our world's duality perfectly. In addition, I have a fascination for poisonous plants as well as Latin.

Where are you from?
    Austria

How old are you?
    I am 24.

What's your gender?
    Female

The videos on YouTube first caught my attention, and then I found the webpage.

INFJ, probably because several seelie characteristics are attributed to Fe in other models.

No

Do you have any kids?
    No

Do you have any pets?
    Yes, a cat named Alice.

Life motto?
    Panta rhei. Gnothi seauton.

Favorite Flavor?
    Coffee

Spirituality?
    None in particular, although I do believe in God (or a higher power). I feel connected to the universe at large, which I find hard to put into words. I also keep finding four-leaf clovers without searching for them.

Random fact about you?
    I find rain pounding against roof windows to be one of the most pleasant sounds on earth.

Skip
    Participant
    • Development:

[deleted]

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Skip.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Skip.
    Lucas
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: l---

Hi @Lapis Lazuli. You can see Fe/Ti signals GIFs on the vultology.com website , Tools/Codifier, you have to be registered to access to it.

Otherwise those signals are available on the Cognitive book, in ebook or paper format,  or on the YouTube official channel.

????

Lapis Lazuli
    Participant
    • Type: SiFe
    • Development: l-l-

Signal GIFs don't require a log-in: They're all available from the links at https://cognitivetypology.com/index.php?title=Vultology .

I was asking @AeonLux if she had any GIFs of Fe/Ti signals for Max Richter, not of Fe/Ti signals in general.

Also, I've watched a couple more interviews of Hans Zimmer and I no longer think he is TiNe.  I don't know what type he is, but now I'm suspecting he's some Delta type of non-standard development.  The Ji appears to be there in some interviews but not others, and the same goes for Je.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Lapis Lazuli.
    unknown
    Participant
    • Development:

x

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by unknown.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by unknown.
    Jane Moonflower
    Participant
    • Development:

I keep making up names, either real sounding or absurd. It's only one of the many. Everyone may call me Jane, I'm thinking of changing my real name to it if I like it in the long run. I'm not fond of my actual name.

Where are you from?
    Existance itself.

Reading the theory these past few days, I could see my life in a different light where I wasn't the evil one. I was only raised around different people, and as much as I knew, I couldn't feel it. Idk if it's okay or not to claim a type without official typing, but I did see myself in certain descriptions that built up a type. I was surprised it ended amounting to four functions that can be put together, in general I end up relating to unrelated stuff.

Introverted intuitive mostly.

Random fact about you?
    I'm not fond of personal questions.

Elucid8
    Participant
    • Development:

My name is Osakpolor. It's an Bini/Esan (tribe in Southern Nigeria) name meaning "God is great".

My alias; elucid8. There isn't much of a story behind it however. It stems from an instinctual desire to understand clearly and fully. It should be read as "elucidate".

Where are you from?

Born and raised in Nigeria, Edo State.

How old are you?

I am 21.

What's your gender?

Male

MBTI and JCF. Stumbled on the gem of an article "Why MBTI Mistypes Everyone", and [Alice] fell down the rabbit hole (never to be found again, hehe).

MBTI: I could spit lots and lots of types, but that's sorta pointless. I don't know my MBTI type. However from what I have learnt, I + S + T + P is the combo with the most explaining power for my life actions (and inactions).

Humorism: Phlegmatic. I'm not just sure of this, experience has taught me so.

Enneagram: Possibly a Social Nine. One wing.

CT: Soft typed Se-lead. Most likely SeTi.

And they said SeTi and 9w1 is simply an impossible combo... Lol

I'm happy that I don't. I haven't sorted myself out yet. Having the fuzzies for someone else is something I'm not ready for... Yet.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

No, but I'm fond of cats. (My culture isn't fond of them so much)

Life motto?

That would be limiting.

Favorite Flavor?

None yet.

Spirituality?

Trying to be Christian.

Random fact about you?

Left-handed.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Elucid8. Reason: Formatting
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Elucid8. Reason: Spacing, properly
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Elucid8. Reason: Editing
Viewing 11 posts - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
bookmarkglobeenvelopeshopping-bag