• Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Unseelie

My Ji is last?

Nyx
    Participant
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Directive

• This reply was modified 3 days, 7 hours ago by Nyx.
    Hrafn
    Participant
    • Type: SiFe
    • Development: l-ll
    • Attitude: Adaptive

fayest42
    Participant
    • Type: FiNe

I didn’t take a screenshot, but my results were:

Ji: 3.5/12
    Pi: 3/12
    Je: 2/12
    Pe: 1.5/12

I think in reality my behavior matches the predicted profile of my vultological energetics quite well, but that wasn’t necessarily captured by the results of the survey – except for the fact that I did get the highest score in Ji, which is a win.

Probably the biggest issue for me was the issue I have with almost every psychological survey I take – I found it hard to answer many of the questions because I wanted to answer “It depends” to everything, and I rarely answered “strongly agree” or “strongly disagree” for anything. Is that in and of itself a Ji trait? Or maybe Ne, actually. Or a combination – because I really want to be accurate in my answers and I immediately see both sides of each question, so it’s hard to answer them.

Some thoughts I had about the individual questions:

“People have told me that I can come across as pushy and bossy.”

For this one, if I were only answering from the perspective of the majority of people I’ve known, I would answer “strongly disagree,” but I know that in my very close relationships (like with family or romantic partners), I do actually have this trait somewhat. I wonder if this might be related to heartitude though.

“There is no need to rush into something until one has understood the situation sufficiently.”

Is this Pi or Ji? It seems like it could be either. I definitely agree with this statement, and I am sometimes paralyzed in inaction because I’m trying to make sure I understand things sufficiently before I act.

“I am nitpicky about what I do, and either put in the time to do something perfectly or not at all.”

I assume this is meant to be Ji, but I actually don’t think this describes me well. I guess it’s just stated so strongly that it becomes un-relatable to me. There are lots of things I do a half-assed job at, but I don’t feel good about it. I would relate more to something like “It’s difficult for me to finish things because I struggle with accepting that what I’ve done is good enough” or “There are certain things that I get very nitpicky about, and it’s hard for me to let the little imperfections go.”

“My pursuit for a personal identity that matches me best has taken me far from my starting culture and background.”

This is another one that was perhaps just stated too strongly for me. If I just read this in a description of Ji, I would relate to it because there are a lot of things I believe or do that are not mainstream in my culture, but I didn’t feel like I could honestly agree or strongly agree with this statement on the survey because in most major ways I’m still very much a part of the culture and family I grew up in. I still live in the country I was born in, I got married and have a kid as is often expected of women my age, I bought a house in a little midwestern town like the one I grew up in, etc. I’m not really hugely different than other people in my culture. I’m just a bit eccentric perhaps because I like to let weeds grow in my lawn instead of grass, and I had a home birth, and I sleep on the floor instead of in a bed, etc. I guess it’s just a matter of degree, and perhaps it’s my Ji that makes it hard for me to agree that I’m really that far from my starting culture and background.

“No compromise is a good compromise.”

This is another one that I think might be aimed at Ji, but that I didn’t really agree with. I think one problem here is that when I hear “compromise” in this sentence I imagine being in a minor disagreement with someone and compromising (e.g. I want to have tacos for dinner and my husband wants to have pizza, so we agree to have one for dinner tonight and the other for dinner tomorrow night), and I’m definitely in favor of that. It’s compromising my ideals that I struggle with (e.g. I think home schooling is the ideal way to educate your kid, but I don’t think I can mentally handle the workload, so I’m going to compromise by sending him to Montessori school).

Another issue with this question, which I think might be a problem with any question that relates to your beliefs rather than your behavior, is that sometimes what your logical brains believes in theory and what some deeper part of your brain (your cognitive functions) pushes on you might be different things. The logical part of my brain believes that in theory compromising your ideals is sometimes the right thing to do. But there is a deeper part of my brain (Ji, I suppose) that tries really hard to sabotage that belief and make me feel terrible every time I consider compromising my ideals.

“We should exercise caution when attempting to discard things that have persisted for a long time.”

Maybe it’s just me, but this one seems too easy to agree with even if you don’t have strong Pi. Isn’t this just common sense? I mean – it’s not saying that we shouldn’t discard things that have persisted for a long time, or that the fact that they have existed for a long time is reason enough to keep them around, but just that we should have caution when discarding them. And of course we should, right? Because if they’ve been around for a long time they probably have deep connections to things that aren’t obvious and so discarding them will have non-obvious consequences that we should be prepared for. I don’t know, maybe I just have stronger Pi than I thought.

“I have a fixation on purity, causing me to struggle to do or say anything that feels impure to me.”

This is another one where I know that I have the Ji behavior that this is referring to, but the way it’s worded makes it hard for me to agree with. Saying you have a fixation on purity sounds like being a member of the Aryan Youth or something. I think for me it would be more accurate (ha) to say “I have a fixation on accuracy, causing me to struggle to do or say anything that feels inaccurate to me,” however I’m guessing that that version of it wouldn’t be relatable to all Ji folks. Maybe better would be “I have a fixation on being true to myself, causing me to struggle to do or say anything that feels like it’s not me.”

“I’m always picking up new crafts and skills, even though I also abandon the ones I’ve already learned.”

I really wanted to agree with this one because I know it’s probably trying to pick up an aspect of Pe that I know I have, but I couldn’t really agree because for me this behavior doesn’t really manifest in crafts or skills or things I physically do, but moreso in interests (i.e. just stuff I like to learn about).

“I don’t understand how to get to where I’m going, but I trust my inner sense of alignment to guide me.”

Is this supposed to be Ji? I don’t really relate to it at all. I wish I knew where I was going, and I don’t expect my inner sense of alignment to necessarily lead me anywhere I want to go.

One idea that occurs to me is that perhaps these energetics might captured more accurately if we focused on people’s flaws and what they struggle with. Like, anyone might enjoy variety and a feeling of newness, but it’s going to be the people with strong Pe who need it so much that it causes problems in their lives. Similarly, anyone might agree that we should be cautious when discarding things that have been around for a long time, but it’s going to be folks strong in Pi who believe this so deeply that they sometimes struggle to let go of old ideas that they really ought to let go of. Does that make sense?

Shelley Lorraine
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Attitude: Seelie

My sister Brooke, FiNe ll—, said I could post hers. She’s not much of a forum person.

She’s another FiNe without a Ji-first result and who struggled not to select neutral on most of the questions. I expressed my own trouble with that, but I’ve had more experience with these tests and kinda know better than to be too neutral, though I’m tempted … so, it could be an Ne-related issue too

Ninth
    Participant
    • Type: TiSe
    • Development: l--l

Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe

Fascinating results so far! I could say a lot but I’ll wait to see who else pitches in.

@fayest42
    , hehe, yeah bella called this Ji minimalism. Alexander had the same problem, getting very low scores on everything due to perpetual questioning and nitpicking the questions themselves. He’s got very Ji heavy vultology too.

I’ll see if I can clarify the question phrasing. I expected to run into some of these framing issues. I do think there are ways to capture more of the ‘flaws/struggles’ aspect, rather than just capturing the positively affirmed aspects.

For those who scored highest on a function that does not match their lead in vultology, what do you think of the result?

Do you think it more accurately reflects your psychology, or was there something about the framing of the questions that enabled that test output? Do you think the questions are in need of work, or were too lenient/strict in some ways? …or do you think the face-value results better match you, when reading the full energetic profiles?

• This reply was modified 2 days, 11 hours ago by Auburn.
    • This reply was modified 2 days, 11 hours ago by Auburn.
    Shelley Lorraine
    Participant

If it helps, here are the questions I was most nitpicky with and my reasons:

There is no need to rush into something until one has understood the situation fully

I need context for this question. It really depends on the situation. Are we talking about putting together a piece of ikea furniture or planning an uprising? If rushing in will harm no one but myself – sure why not? I do it all the time. I regret it too. Then I do it again. There’s a strong conflict between what I think I need to do and what I actually do. I am impulsive and revisory.. I jump in, then try to back track and wish I had thought things through in hindsight.

We should exercise caution when attempting to discard things that have persisted for a long time

Context, again. It depends on the situation.

I’m not enraptured by the glitter of new ideas, as I think we should be cautious about how we integrate big changes into existing structures

Similar context conflict with this one as with the previous two questions. Additionally – I am very enraptured by the “new,” but I also see this is a flaw in my character that needs tempering. I think we/I “should” be cautious, but I do not walk what I preach.

People come to me for the dependability of my perspective, in order to receive stable and temperate advice

People have come to me for advice, often enough for it to seem like I’m inviting it, but I have no idea what the attraction is. I do not consider my perspective dependable. I am wishy wash and flighty and so open minded it’s kind of a joke. But I dunno.. I mean, I sorta feel like I give good advice too, despite my unstable perspectives. Or maybe I misunderstand what is meant by “dependable perspective” here.

I go along with life’s situations and then find myself in places i didn’t expect + I don’t understand how to get to where I am going, but I trust my inner sense of alignment to guide me. 

These two, as a pair, threw me off. I don’t plan very far into the future and often end up in unexpected places. I have places I wish I’d end up, but I don’t work too hard to plan for them. I expect the unexpected and I’m also attracted to the mystery of the unknown. I sometimes enjoy imagining my life as a daily roll of the dice. At the same time, I trust my inner sense of alignment to guide me on the path of optimal spiritual growth. I have no idea what that really looks like or where it is, but I trust my inner guide to take me there.

I’m always picking up new crafts and skills, even though I abandon the one’s I’ve already learned.

I do not *always* abandon the ones I’ve already learned. It may be more accurate to phrase this as picking up new skills before having mastered previous ones and/or dropping crafts before ever really learning them due to sudden disinterest.

I put way too much on my plate at once and end up not mastering much of anything, even though I continue to dabble in the old stuff.

fayest42
    Participant
    • Type: FiNe

Additionally – I am very enraptured by the “new,” but I also see this is a flaw in my character that needs tempering. I think we/I “should” be cautious, but I do not walk what I preach.

@Shelley-Lorraine
    Yes, this is similar to what I was trying to express when I was talking about the “No compromise is a good compromise” question. Sometimes we see the error in what our cognitive functions are trying to convince us of, and so what we believe may not match up with what our cognitive functions cause us to actually act out.

Rua
    • Type: NeTi
    • Development: ll-l

Tried to answer the questions as directly and honestly as possible without consideration for the energetic each one represented. These results made a lot of sense to me, as did the questions. The function I place the highest value on is Je (pragmatism is best -ism), which makes perfect sense if it’s the ego that takes prominence in the survey’s results. The other three (integrated) functions being nearly identical in their scoring is predictable in hindsight, because I’ve likely been at my current dev level for many years; I feels that I identify with and value those energetics/functions close to equally.

Ah, one question which might skew results towards Je is the one that reads, When I have no work to do I tend to feel inept and can fall into depression.” I definitely think this question might have some overlap with Je, but from what I’ve experienced and observed in others + my understanding of the literature on depression, I think this is a near-universal human trait. Perhaps if this question was reworded to something about the work being more Je-specific it would be improved, as high-Pe types seem especially inclined to do a lot of ‘work’ that might not resemble what a high-Je type would consider ‘work’.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 1 hour ago by Rua.
    • This reply was modified 2 days ago by Rua.
    Ninth
    Participant
    • Type: TiSe

For those who scored highest on a function that does not match their lead in vultology, what do you think of the result? – @Auburn

The output surprised me because I said right a few days ago: “I feel like I’ve been losing Pi and gaining Pe” (this last year). And they said: “a bit of Pe won’t hurt you, honey!” ^^”
    I’ve always been more Pi- than Pe-inclined behaviorally (I was, indeed, satisfied with your analysis regarding my video with Candy, as you pointed to our Ne vs Ni dynamics), but fundamentally a Reviser.
    The “”low”” Ji wasn’t much of a surprise for all I shared in my pvt reply to the Ji I— profile before my dev was changed. Even though underlying Ji qualities are there, they’re toned down due to lifetime adjustments.

Spoiler:

>> There is no need to rush into something until one has understood the situation sufficiently.
    Words like “need”, “rush” and “sufficiently” make me agree, but sometimes I will “”rush”” because I will feel confident enough about my understandings* of the situation and may say “let’s see how things unfold” or even act as a catalyst. It can look “risky” from the outside. I won’t always judge it necessary to have the same level of microscopic understanding about every problem in order to deal with it (important is to make sure I know my reasons for perspective-shifting). But, generally, I’m the one who says (literally): “no need to rush”. *”Sufficiently” is subjective and, even when I’ll rush, I’ll meet that criterion first (and will feel uncomfortable in case it’s not possible + can’t run tests). I think timing is crucial, too. No clue what this one scores for.

>> I am nitpicky about what I do, and either put in the time to do something perfectly or not at all.
    For me, part of “perfecting” is optimization and there ain’t rigid rules. Maybe this question can be tricky as people can have different ideas of perfectionism and sometimes I feel the difference could be relevant to CTypes (e.g.: perfectionism about literal application vs perfectionism about microscopic mechanics).

>> I like to explore uncharted territories, even when that means flirting with danger.
    Yes; at my pace, my way. I feel it’s more true of me than of Pe-lead friends, and suspect it’s due to a drive to understand/know and a generally neutral stance.

>> People come to me for the dependability of my perspective, in order to recieve stable and temperate advice.
    My views have been stable yet cautious enough to make me unintentionally become guidance for others (and I don’t always like it for reasons I mentioned on video).

>> Out with the old, in with the new.
    This will make me appear ridiculous: I can’t compute.

>> No compromise is a good compromise.
    I think I understand what it should mean, but there could be problems with the specific formulation. Not sure. I’m used to being the only who misunderstands sentences to that point, but who knows.

> We should exercise caution when attempting to discard things that have persisted for a long time.
    > I’m not enraptured by the glitter of new ideas, as I think we should be cautious about how we integrate big changes into existing structures.
    The first is more no than yes, the second is more yes than no, due to focus. I’d like to know whether they’re measuring the same thing or no.

>> I have nurtured a degree of pain tolerance, allowing me to bear through difficult tasks.
    Don’t know what this should (not) be.

>> I tend to resist using the wrong means, even when it would give me the right ends.
    I’m afraid this is too morally shaded.

>> I have a fixation on purity, causing me to struggle to do or say anything that feels impure to me.
    Not sure about the term “purity”.

>> I know a lot of facts about historical movements, time periods and the evolution of ideas across them.
    I am reeeally bad at it! When I studied Literature, Philosophy and History, I knew little facts because I would immediately pulverize them into abstract understanding, but was very focused on the evolution of ideas. I was a jackass in humanistics before I learned to abstract (one day in my 16 it all “clicked”), despite being good at memorizing.
    Anyways, I know Pe w/o Pi (Ne, if it’s relevant) who know loads of facts (they’re like walking Encyclopedias, it’s impressive!!) but have less of a grasp on dynamics (similarly to how some Aspies memorize things with no deeper understanding). I mentioned it because the sentence focuses on collection of facts. Not sure about the relevance of what I said.

>> What’s been true of the world up to now, will be true of the future
    I took it more literally than that and said No, but reminds me of “the only costant is the lack of constancy, which lacks even in the lack of constancy”. (Mates would seriously have thoughts like this; don’t know whether that’s Yes or No).

>> I have an insatiable hunger for what comes next and easily get restless in an environment that offers little opportunities for experimentation.
    Weren’t it for the “and”… I don’t have hunger for what comes next but can suffer from a prolonged lack of room for experimentation (makes me feel like I can’t refine understandings).

>> A key focus of my life is entertainment, both in consumption and my personal creation.
    Entertainment is just a bonus.

>> I see how every situation I am in is embedded in a broader social, political and global context.
    Yes and honestly don’t like it so much. I see it, but I don’t think I truly understand it and I find myself resisting it despite my rationale.

>> My preoccupation with utopian visions and aspirations makes my own state, and that of the world, pale in comparison.
    I never liked utopias, not even as a child. I remember being fascinated and at the same time uncomfortably confused by mates who were capable of utopian thinking; fascinated because it was alien to me, confused because I couldn’t see the point of it.

paroikos
    Participant
    • Development: l-l-

• Development: l---

• Development: l---

In my case, I feel Ji lead (as per this result) matches my personality better than Pe lead since I take in some data and then end up processing it a lot, in my head (not the other way around)

Vin
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:
    • Attitude: Unknown

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.