Psychological Surveys

Home Page Forums General Psychology Psychological Surveys

• Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Hello!

I’m happy to announce the implementation of surveys in CT, as well as the first version of a survey. You can take it at the following link (please sign-in before taking it, so the results are under your member account):

Energetics Survey

Details

This is a 40 question energetics survey, aimed to give a person a psychological perspective on their energetic distribution. These questions were extracted directly from the corresponding behavioral profiles.

Experimental Control

The idea behind this comes from the need to add greater experimental control to CT. In order to see whether or not the vultology results are matching the psychology of the video submitters or volunteers, a new protocol will begin rolling out now. Here is an overview of what this new protocol will entail:

Joining the Study

In brief, video submitters will be asked to take a survey after they’ve sent in their videos. The survey will try to measure their psychology by asking them directly.

Afterwards, the results of the survey will be compared to the results of their visual report to see how closely the two match. This gives CT a clear target of what it is trying to measure, and whether or not it is succeeding in measuring it from a vultological angle.

Existing Members

Existing members also have not been vetted against a survey, so you’re more than welcome to do so. Feel free to post the results of your survey in this thread.

Disclaimer: I do not know yet how well constructed this survey is, and am hoping your results can help me determine if it needs adjustment. Psychometrics are relatively easy to make since they’re circular, so once we iron out a survey that matches the profiles, we’ll know whether or not the vultologies match the expected psychologies.

Disclaimer 2: I do not yet know how well this survey captures development levels, and I am guessing it will mostly capture the ego. I’ll be working on more sophisticated surveys in the future that vet the four ‘aspects of integration’, in order to identify development level from a psychological angle. For now, I would be happy if this survey captures the lead process.

Alright, here goes!

• This topic was modified 3 days, 19 hours ago by Auburn.
    • This topic was modified 3 days, 17 hours ago by Auburn.
    Auburn
    Keymaster

An important Discord question, that I think needs mention here:

How is it different than just getting typed?

It’s quite different. Psychometrics are circular by nature, so they don’t necessarily tell you much about your innate reality that you don’t tell them yourself. You feed something into them, and they give it back to you with some extra details that are not too hard to infer. So if you score high on a category here, the odds of you fitting the profile of that category is high, because the questions are extracted from said category. So, it’s almost a tautological typing method. CT is not like this though — as it tries to tell you something about you without this circularity crutch.

I don’t have a high opinion of psychometrics because they give the illusion of profundity. However, they can serve an important role in being a control for experimentation.

The point here would be to use the survey not as a typing tool, but as an experimental control to measure vultology against, to see if vultology can independently match the psychological results. That would be much harder to do.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 19 hours ago by Auburn.
    FiNe
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:
    • Attitude: Unknown

I will do it again after some time. ✌

• This reply was modified 3 days, 19 hours ago by Auburn.
    Wolf00
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Unseelie

It can be easy to manipulate if you already know some of the things, but I tried to be sincere with it.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 18 hours ago by Wolf00.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 18 hours ago by Wolf00.
    Bera
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Seelie

Mine are :

Your Energetic Results
    Here are your energetic results! The bars below estimate how much behavioral development you have in each energetic area. We each have all four energetics in us, but at different developments. For more information on these energetics, visit the Ji, Je, Pi and Pe behavioral profiles.

Pe: Explorer
    6 out of 12.5

Pi: Worldview
    5.5 out of 12.5

Ji: Compass
    2.25 out of 12.5

Je: Articulator
    2 out of 12.5

https://cognitivetype.com/test/energetics-survey/ve9e09b833a966d8b2f34bb4bae9d0ca4/

The lead is clear but I should be Fi conscious and not Ni conscious. 🙂

My first impression is this could be because the Pi questions might overlap a bit for Se-Ni users with Se realism…and the Ji questions could have been set a bit higher than what a regular Ji conscious person would necessarily be aiming for. And it should be added Ji conscious people will make sure they answer the exact question, and not based on the general vibe/main theme of the question, so if one point is higher than what they would normally aim for, they will say no, I am not doing this, I am not living up to this ideal or even have this ideal in mind.

I will give some examples :

I am nitpicky about what I do, and either put in the time to do something perfectly or not at all.

I actually am nitpicky with what I do, but I couldn’t say I am aiming to do it perfectly. I do have standards, but they are not that high. I am curious if other Ji conscious people feel the same way. What do you guys think?

By the way, some of the Je questions seemed similar in terms of very high expectations. But since I am not Je conscious, those could very well simply reflect Je motivation levels accurately, only I never experienced them, hence they look superhuman to me. :))

We should exercise caution when attempting to discard things that have persisted for a long time.

Do you need Pi to say yes to this one or can Se realism lead to a similar answer? If these things worked for a long time by being in a certain way and you suddenly change them or discard them, there are high chances you will make matters worse, since every discarded thing impacts the entire previous construction that did work. And things should not be assumed to work, they should be assumed to not work, chaos is the basis we are starting from.

I am not sure I don’t have a bias though. But if so, is it an Ni bias or just an Se-Ni bias..? Do I need to use Ni to Se this? 🙂

Or I could have lost Fi while trying to integrate Ni. :))

Oh, Wolf, yours is perfectly accurate ! Nice !

I saw what each question was looking for, but answered honestly, yes, I think anyone who knows CT would see what each question checks anyway.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 18 hours ago by Bera.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 18 hours ago by Bera.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 17 hours ago by Bera.
    Alana
    Participant
    • Type: NiTe
    • Development: l---

You might be on to something here, Auburn.

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing where this will go 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 days, 17 hours ago by Alana.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 17 hours ago by Alana.
    Elsie
    Participant
    • Development: ll-l

here u go
    Pi: Worldview 7.75 out of 12.5 Je: Articulator 7.5 out of 12.5 Pe: Explorer 3.5 out of 12.5 Ji: Compass 3 out of 12.5

Auburn
    Keymaster

Other member results added here from Discord with their permission:

@bella
    TiNe

@remnants
    FiNe

@calin
    SeTi

@jelle
    TiSe

• This reply was modified 3 days, 17 hours ago by Auburn.
    Shelley Lorraine
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi

Oh my gosh, my poor Pi 😅

ETA: I rarely select “strongly” anything on these types of tests. I don’t know if that negatively affects my results (I still resulted in Pe lead, after all), but just an fyi. I tend to see myself as far too permeable and flighty to have strong black/white opinions about my behaviors, thoughts, etc.

Auburn
    Keymaster

More from Discord:

@celeste
    NeFi

@janie
    FiSe

azraella Ni-lead (soft typing)

shaffron (unknown)

@hackphobia
    FiSe

@obama TiNe

@zweilous
    TiNe

@staas
    SeFi

• This reply was modified 3 days, 16 hours ago by Auburn.
    Eric
    Participant
    • Type: SiTe

Shelley Lorraine
    Participant

@Eric, where is your Pe?? 😮

Eric told me the questions changed, so I took it again… but I think he is confused, because they look the same to me. At any rate, I tried to be more thoughtful this time through and less afraid of the “strongly agree/disagree” option. Basic proportions are the same… so, woohoo? But I am still bummed to see that Eric’s results don’t match his dev-levels. Maybe he needs to submit a new video 😉

Eric
    Participant
    • Type: SiTe

My PE is right there.  1.25. out of 12.5. See?

Mitchell Newman
    Participant

Here are my results.  Not super differentiated from one another; they are all pretty similar.  Je is clearly the furthest from my focus, but it could be more neglected.

Delrake
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.