Volunteers for CT Youtube Channel Team Project
July 5, 2019

Home Forums The General Hall Volunteers for CT Youtube Channel Team Project

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Type:
    • Development:
    • Attitude:

Hey everyone,
    I made the suggestion in this post of creating a team (composed of different positions) that would be able to make informative Youtube videos about CT as described in the CT MindMap.
    Mainly would need:

• Host
    • Videographer
    • Editor
    • Various Writers (to translate CT articles into youtube friendly information or for special topics).

I mainly feel comfortable being the videographer since I have some experience doing this. I did a year of production/directing/filming courses in grad school, though I could fill in other roles too. Obviously, the writing parts can be done remotely and can people individually or as a team can collaborate on having a coherent and cohesive explanation of the topics.
    Editing is probably my weakest point since I can do basic editing (cinematic editing) but animations/visual fx and stuff needed for conveying information, I never studied. Editing can be done remotely, depending on your internet speed and size of files. Collaborative editing can be done as well, split between editing video vs editing/creating and animation/visual fx.
    I just moved to LA from Chicago two months ago, and this is where I will be staying for the foreseeable future. If anyone is around the LA area that can help, we would love to have you join the team, especially as a host, since if there is nobody else I feel like I will have to step up to the position (develop that Fe ASAP lol) or unfortunately abandon the team idea.
    So state your interest in any of the positions available and whether you are close or in the LA area for the location sensitive positions. You can also message me/chat instead of posting here.

Bera
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Seelie

@Scientiam - I would be happy to help but I don't know much about video editing and stuff like this. If you need certain images to be used in the videos, I think I could look for them...though I think there are already enough perfect images on the site. But just in case you need new images, I could help you guys with this.
    About preparing the talks...I honestly don't know how to do this, since I have 0 Fe and not enough Te but I will know if a talk is good or not. And I'm sure others will have interesting input too.
    So I propose for you guys to first post the videos here before they go public. So we can give some feedback that can be taken into account if it's reasonable.
    I think @auburn should do the talking in any video about CT. He needs to make this theory known and he is the person who knows it the best. And anyway he has more Je than most of us. We are not a heavy Je bunch. :)) So, if you think of someone else doing the talks, I would heavily advice against it. But someone else could take the job of answering absurd comments to the videos for example.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Type:
    • Development:
    • Attitude:

So I propose for you guys to first post the videos here before they go public. So we can give some feedback that can be taken into account if it’s reasonable.

Yes, I was thinking of doing this so that the community could give their input and we could gauge whether the video is presenting the information in a way that can be understood well by everyone.

I think @auburn should do the talking in any video about CT. He needs to make this theory known and he is the person who knows it the best.

Yes, I would think @auburn would host it too, but I kind of gave the idea of a team because, as he said, it's just him "trudging along" and I think that is noticeable. I was just trying to relieve some of the pressure and burnout that I know as a Ji lead myself can be tortuous/debilitating. If anything, I thought at least an interview with him would be best, I'm surprised that with all the typology channels on Youtube no one has interviewed him.
    Also, I've been wanting to work on a youtube channel for a long time, so it just seemed like a good opportunity to help even though I lack Je development (I think with the right outlet, it seems people can actively develop their unconscious functions).

Celeste
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Unseelie

Oh boi, the day has come.
    I used to have a Youtube channel where I uploaded one video that I edited and narrated myself. The result ended up being horrible and just a complete mess: I talked too fast and the quality so no one understood what I was saying and the quality overall was very poor.
    So, speaking from personal experience handling a Youtube channel is a pretty tiring job. You need to work on the visuals, know how to use some editing programs and most importantly you have to be charismatic or at least interesting. If you don’t do well in any of these aspects your videos will mostly likely get 20-50 views. I’m saying this because the idea sounds great but it requires a lot of work that I’m not sure everybody would be able to commit to.
    Just my two cents 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Type:
    • Development:
    • Attitude:

Speaking from personal experience handling a Youtube channel is a pretty tiring job. You need to work on the visuals, know how to use some editing programs and most importantly you have to be charismatic or at least interesting

Yes, I assume it is very hard for one person, or at least very time-consuming. The visuals (camerawork) and the editing (except visual graphics/music)  I'm sure I can do to a "high quality" standard. The hosting and writing, probably not so much ?. You are right when you state that you're not sure many people would commit to doing the hard work, though I think being a team reduces a significant amount of it. I also fear there are not enough people yet in the CT community to make a team, though it doesn't hurt to try ?.

Tea
    Participant
    • Development: l--l

We clearly need to put an ad in the paper.
    "Looking for FeNi to host a YouTube channel."

Bera

If you guys think some cat images help, I can provide them.
    Also what about CT ASMR videos?? Wouldn't that be fun ??
    And seriously, Auburn, you can do this. Your videos about signals are very good and made many people understand some signals way better than we did before.
    I also see it as  a beneficial ...development so to say.
    A FeNi could attract the attention to himself... :)) It does take time but better do this on your own and delegate administrative tasks (imo).

Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Attitude: Adaptive

“Looking for FeNi to host a YouTube channel.”

I can't wait for the day when I can just do this. I think I mentioned how I sometimes catch myself quickly googling something like "alpha woman smiles" before realizing google has no idea what I'm talking about! To me it should be searchable as commonly as "looking for an FeNi to host my youtube channel."
    Anyhow, there's plenty of space in CT for creative expressions of any sort. I could see someone making a political channel on type+politics trends. I could see someone making an SeFi Witches facebook group. I could see someone making a Delta Science fandom.
    I could see someone making type-face collages from the database (especially when it gets into 1k, 2k, 3k). I could see relationship advice gurus cropping up, armed with real data from properly typed couples and the problems they exhibit.
    As people come to realize how fascinating it is to view the world with an objective understanding of types, inspirations like this will bubble up on their own.
    (my task is just to help lay the theoretical foundation, but CT will really flourish when these side-projects start happening born out of people's own impulse and desires. because imagine how much more one could get out of life if they could instantly identify the nature of people around you, and to organize and rally people together based on those shared similarities)
    I have my work cut out for me, and agree with @bera that there are some things that are my responsibility, but it doesn't have to stop with me. 🙂

Aletheia
    Participant
    • Development: ll-l

@scientiam I know several editing softwares, After Effects for motion graphics and do 3D animation as well. If you do the video footage and upload it to dropbox or something like that, I could do the editing 🙂
    I'd really like to see poor Auburn get some help with some aspects of this project!! Really appreciate you making an effort in this way..

Bob
    Participant
    • Type: FeSi
    • Attitude: Directive

Dunno about hosting right now, but I'm willing to help write. Let me know when the plan's in place.

Keso
    Participant
    • Development: lll-

I definitely want to be part of it. However, I have zero experience in making videos.
    Had a similar idea several months ago, wanted to make type videos and interview people around me. It would have been fun. I will think about it seriously,
    So, I could have been a videographer. I don't know much about editing, so I could just make interviews and send them to you.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Type:
    • Development:
    • Attitude:

“Looking for FeNi to host a YouTube channel.”

I wish it was that easy. I tried doing a mock hosting monologue and my "directive" Fe comes out, where I look forceful and aggressive and a little pissed off (guess that's how I persuade, my wife says I look mean). I also looked to see if there were any FeNi members and there was none ?.

@alerith
    , thank you for stepping up too ?. That's going to help a lot, depending on what editing software you are familiar with it could be really easy getting the footage to you to collaborate or much more difficult.

I’d really like to see poor Auburn get some help with some aspects of this project!

I'm not going to get too mystical here, but I had a dream several months ago in which @auburn was there and we were helping each other, so here I am. Also, I read a quote recently which Jung wrote in a letter to a friend M.Serrano during his last year of his life, in which an old alchemist said to console his disciple:

No matter how isolated you are and how lonely you feel, if you do your work truly and conscientiously, unknown friends will come and seek you

@bob
    , yes your help on the writing is going to be beneficial with your developed Fe and Ti, I think most of the time I am unsure if what I'm writing makes any sense unless it's very simple and direct. I'll let you know when most essential things are set (like getting a host) to begin the process of writing.

@kesogagoshidze
    , than you for your helping offer, I am still unsure how interviewed guests will work in relaying information, but I think they will be beneficial for special topics in CT, like the one @celeste recently posted on Dissociative Identity Disorder and Vultology.

Tea
    Participant

Perhaps slightly unrelated, but I feel this may be an important time to distinguish CT from vultology. I see CT as Auburn's system/understanding of the JCF, whereas vultology is the tool we can all use to better understand the Fx firsthand. So any videos, claims, etc. anyone makes publicly prolly shouldn't call themselves CT without approval, as it teeters on plagiarism. and runs the risk of misrepresenting CT. Whereas making a video, literature, etc. using vultology is a different thing.
    If someone wants to put a few scripts together, I know a great personality (local too) who is just suited for the camera.

Tea
    Participant

Illustrations are great; who is a graphic artist?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Type:
    • Development:
    • Attitude:

Perhaps slightly unrelated, but I feel this may be an important time to distinguish CT from vultology. I see CT as Auburn’s system/understanding of the JCF, whereas vultology is the tool we can all use to better understand the Fx firsthand. So any videos, claims, etc. anyone makes publicly prolly shouldn’t call themselves CT without approval, as it teeters on plagiarism. and runs the risk of misrepresenting CT

Yes, that is why videos/writings will go through the community first to see if there is anything to change. I definitely want this to be under the CT umbrella and have its support and permission, especially Auburn's. If videos are posted about special topics that are related to CT material and not just vultology, then some disclaimer could be put before the video that "CT doesn't support all claims made in this video." I don't know if Auburn will post the videos on the CT youtube channel or I will have to create a new channel. I think that's up to him to decide. I do think that although CT and Vultology/ Vultology code are distinct, both are inextricable from each other if the youtube channel's purpose is to explain concepts in CT like Ji vs Je and their vultological signals.

If someone wants to put a few scripts together, I know a great personality (local too) who is just suited for the camera.

Ooo, is this a possible host?

Faex
    Participant

Auburn makes a great teacher. He just has to let go his hangups about how a youtube presenter is spossed to be like. He's not trying to sell an idea, impress anybody: Just stick to being himself, i.e, explaining what this fascinating thing is. Forget there's an audience. Pple don't realize the thing that's the best on the internet is authenticity and it comes across, planned or not.
    -That said, I could see Aub doing the main 'tutorial'/explanatory vids, either alone or in conversation with someone else, like Bob. A kind of co-hosting thing. Don't know why y'all think only FeNis make charismatic personalities.
    -Then I could see a series of short documentaries and interviews/conversations of typed CTers on their personality and how they think it moulds their lives and what learning about it has done for their self-understanding and the understanding of others around them. Maybe group conversations too.
    Just as a primer.

Tea
    Participant

Agree. Authenticity > hyped-out persona.

Bera

@Faex, I totally agree ! I think Auburn is the best person to explain CT theory !!!
    And I see it as a good experience for him...as in going further in Fe space. And in Ne space.
    And the videos he made are  very good !  There are at least 3 signals I understood way better after watching them and this was the general reaction, people understood everything better after watching them.
    I also felt he might have liked making them but this should be confirmed. :))

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Type:
    • Development:
    • Attitude:

Auburn makes a great teacher. He just has to let go his hangups about how a youtube presenter is spossed to be like. He’s not trying to sell an idea, impress anybody: Just stick to being himself, i.e, explaining what this fascinating thing is. Forget there’s an audience. Pple don’t realize the thing that’s the best on the internet is authenticity and it comes across, planned or not.

@faerie
    , @bera, @teatime, I agree with all of you, perhaps we can persuade him to host at least? I think the eventual dissemination of CT theory is inevitable and you are right that @auburn would be the most authentic person to do it. I don't think it's just about there being an audience and capitalizing on people watching and being taught and sold the theory. I see CT theory helping in various domains, especially clinical psychology (Jungian psychoanalysis), neuroscience, the social sciences, and just in the general awareness (mind shifting paradigm) that people cognitively see and process the world in different ways. In a long-range vision, I even see CT as an eventual institution to study the psyche, bring the objective and subjective together to dig deeper into this still relatively unknown realm. Yet this can't happen if we don't help auburn distribute his and this community's ideas out into the public. I'm here to help to achieve this in whichever way I can.

Auburn
    Keymaster

yes, I told bera recently that I'll probably need to present at least some canonical material first. I have the idea in mind already, and a good sense of the execution method.
    if I did it, my material will not be flashy-youtube-persona, but would be a series of ~30 minute long videos. they would be dense, but sequential --progressing very rationally from each CT deduction, one at a time. but it wouldn't just be me on screen, it'd be like this:

Spoiler

[collapse]

I would have a slideshow with the material/videos/GIFs to the left, but with me to the right. I need to be on frame so I can "animate" the expressions with my own hands, to ground the visuals better for the audience. But the slideshow/powerpoint would show it more precisely than in the 8 Video series I made. Each video would not only be explaining what the cues look like, but why they happen.
    I envision this being something like a 6 video intro course, which would hopefully be more engaging than a standard university lecture. it would be the 'denser meats' from which others could work off of. i do think the core components of the theory would benefit from being presented in a more formal format such as this. what do u guys think?

Tea
    Participant

Auburn, the videos I saw where you model the signals were excellent. Those were the best videos to date, you were very natural and great at explaining. I love the idea of a split screen. That's the only way to go, I agree.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Type:
    • Development:
    • Attitude:

my material will not be flashy-youtube-persona, but would be a series of ~30 minute long videos. they would be dense, but sequential –progressing very rationally from each CT deduction, one at a time..I envision this being something like a 6 video intro course, which would hopefully be more engaging than a standard university lecture. it would be the ‘denser meats’ from which others could work off of. i do think the core components of the theory would benefit from being presented in a more formal format such as this.

@auburn
    , this is great and I would love to work with you with this method of execution you proposed,  it is authentic to you and your style. I hope we can grow from this more dense method, though, eventually into describing key CT concepts not just for CT enthusiasts and potential practitioners, but for people at large, who will want more bite-sized pieces ( I want my mom and family to understand too, I feel like I am always lecturing concepts to my wife and my mom that are relevant to us and our relationship?).

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Type:
    • Development:
    • Attitude:

Hey, @auburn, so for this 6 video series project and the material that will be presented, is that something you still need help from us (me and @bob, and other volunteers for example) to help write ( I assume it is each section from the Wiki from "Introduction" down to "Vultology")?
    Editing can be done by @alerith and help by me if needed (and by others since you need GIFs and the slideshow/powerpoint), and I can also obviously, primarily help with production and filming (I hope you are close to LA).
    I'm busy with school for the moment and my class ends at the end of July. I'll be essentially free for the whole month of August and that is when it would be perfect for me to get the filming done, as I then start school in September.

Auburn
    Keymaster
    Yes, I think I can pretty much take care of it myself. I have video editing experience on par with Alerith's if I try. And my shots won't have to be very dynamic --all I'd need is a front facing camera (which I have) and to create the script then slideshow. Ultimately, it boils down to me being the bottleneck as usual. Sorry guys, I really appreciate the sentiment though. Ty.
    Discord
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:
    • Attitude: Unknown

Have you guys come to any progress on this?
    I've been working hard, with others in the community, to sink C.S Joseph's cult misinformation casino ship. He's bringing in 160-180k a year spreading misinformation about personality typology. The time to move on it is soon. None of my business but I am seeing where things are going. DaveSuperPowers is doing fine, he has a cult following but they're all mad.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy