TiNe Profiles
TiSe Profiles
FiSe Profiles
FiNe Profiles
SiFe Profiles
NiFe Profiles
NiTe Profiles
SiTe Profiles
Why do the system seems a falicious loop?

Home 2023 Forums General Psychology Why do the system seems a falicious loop?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Starshade
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Seelie

I cannot avoid seeing the data, and the analytics and out from my own experience in life, and how my view of seeing the rest of the people, and the typed people, and the data. And, It seems the CT system if fallacious data, from my experience with my own life.
    Basically, from my lived experience, the system is nonsensical, It seem people do not think me serious, when I tries to… Speak proper English for first time in a long time, avoiding picking up on the bad habits of “Germlish” or Kebab-English speakers I’ve used to. As a dyslectic, I’m used to not being taken serious anyway, but the data, and analysis of the system from my own type seems a dump of gibberish nonsense. No offense meant, I’m just stating what I see. I know what an Ne lead is, and of all possibilities I do not recognize myself in the data, or see how my type works out.
    Please do not take this as an emotional outburst; I’m just puzzled, seeing the system which, seemingly, and totally, works. Just be dysfunctional, since I think the analysis should be easily replicated by anyone seeing anyone, but my data is seemingly confirmed, and I basically call it gibberish. I’m just curious on how it is meant to work, and, how this system is better than the randomness of MBTI when it seems that way from a subjective point of view. I just want to state the obvious; the system is feed garbage if there is no error correction and measures to handle bad data. That is what I find puzzling.

Juan E. Sandoval
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Heya Starshade,
    So, I've seen your messages for the past month and I'm sorry I haven't addressed them. I've currently been crunching ~10 hour days at work for the past few weeks, and I'm just now getting to the latter end of that ordeal. So, regarding your inquiry --- I would like to separate out two topics: one being CT's methodological control, as a project, and the other being the case of your specific type.
    The question of CT's methodological control has undergone great strides recently, at least in terms of design, and I'd be happy to walk through some of those things with you if you'd like. The entire purpose of Model 2 is to address proper methodological control -- and indeed some of the feedback I've gotten lately is that it seems to have gone too far. I still don't think it's gone far enough, but for now it is a good step in the right direction. See this page https://cognitivetypology.com/index.php?title=Cognitive_Typology_Methodology for an overview of the current methodology. I think you'll find that it is many strides above "MBTI randomness" which, last I checked, doesn't even have methodological control.
    ~
    But, what I suspect is of more immediate relevance to you is the matter of your type? I have to say I haven't watched all of your videos since there have been so many of them but I would like to start instead with the psychology -- since that seems to be the main point of perceived mismatch. If I pointed out to you your Ne-lead signals again I don't think it'd make as much difference as me outlining how I see your cognition. So here's a go.
    Pe energy: engagement, exploration, proliferation
    From the months I've seen you on here and on Discord, I've noticed that you are one of our "rapid-fire" posters. Historically, these have been very Pe-heavy or Pe-lead. For example, Bera, Shelley, Faerie (when she's here), Umbi and most recently Wolf, keb and you. There is a real-time dynamism to your matter of interaction that is very jump-in-the-water-and-swim. This learn-as-you-go, bump-into-walls format is due to the Explorer function. As the name implies, the explorer function is the one which is gathering and testing new information schemes and territories of knowledge.
    This animate exploration in you shows up in your voluminous videos, your engagement, but also in the scattered qualify of that engagement. Pe leads, but especially Ne-leads, tend to have a "messy" sort of approach to their interaction. I see this approach in you, and in your psychology. I don't think it's explicable solely due to a language barrier, I think the way you think itself is formatted in a rather fragmentary way, so that when you write sentences the scattered way in which your mind works is reflected in a scatteredness of sentences. I've known many Ne-leads who have been diagnosed as Dyslexic. The two most common diagnoses I see with Ne-leads is ADHD and Dyslexia, and I do have to wonder how much of this correlation is because they're Ne-lead (and they're just 'naming' it ADHD/etc) and how much is other variables.
    I don't yet know the answer to this question, but for now I do have to say that you being dyslexic is not at odds with an Ne-lead typing, and if anything it is in harmony with it. You have mentioned believing you are Ji-lead, but I don't see Ji-lead for you. You are far too loose and quick with your language and interaction to come across as Ji-lead to me. This is all a behavioral analysis, of course, but it seems to me that your behavior fits squarely into Pe-lead. If your behavior was more Ji, what we would see is far fewer things said, with each thing said being of a far higher compression.
    Ne: Hypotheses-Hodgepodging & Correlations
    I've noticed also a habit that you have of connecting together disparate ideas with plenty of ease and without much reservation. A chief example of this is in your recent thread https://cognitivetype.com/forums/topic/dysautonomia-and-ct/ where you said:

"Basically, I recognized immediately that, some of the disease signs were characters I recognized in me, and got interested in the Myers-Briggs due to seeing it crossing paths with, my life long quest for figuring out what had happened to my relative. A lifelong quest for, some strangeness, ended. And I never need ask what it is, again."

For example, when I read that, I don't understand the reasoning at all. I can't see why an Myers-Briggs interest would be the result of watching a video on "Dysautonomia, POTS, and Ehler-Danlos" from the point of view of Ti-Fe or why it would be valid to connect these things in the first place. To me these things seem unrelated, and possibly demonstrate a series of correlation-causation fallacies. Dot-connecting without sufficient discrimination. What seems most curious to me is that it put an end to a lifelong quest you had, as if there was an "aha" connection that  clicked everything into place and that was satisfactory. This is a characteristic of being "N-lead" (or, really, to use Model 2 terms: having continuous object-forms as your dominant ontological bias). I experience the same bafflement when I hear Ni-leads talk sometimes, hehe.
    In any event, it does not appear to me that your thoughts, their evolutions and their conclusions, follow regimented conditionality (J) or exact conceptual definitions. Instead it seems to me, from my point of view, that you are a dynamic troubleshooter, a fluid data navigator that pieces together reality on the go, drawing parallels between all sorts of data sets without anything being off limits. This all fits perfectly in line with an Ne-lead psychology to me. So, even without a video analysis, and just from knowing you in chat/etc, I would estimate Ne-lead for you.
    ~~~
    All that being said, you do have considerable development in Ji and Pi, and your development is non-standard. Yet, it doesn't seem to me that the joined force of Ji and Pi development is enough to obscure your fundamentally exploratory and dynamic essence. More than being a persnickety perfectionist (Ji) or a wary doomer (Pi) you seem to be an inquisitive correlator (Ne) -- but you are a bit of all three. I hope this offers at least an initial draft of how your interaction comes across at least to one person. Others may have different perceptions of you, from their own interactions with you, and maybe they can offer up their thoughts too? I wonder what others see?
    Just my $0.02!

Starshade
    Participant

I do know what you point to, and, usually I'd agree. My sense of Fi, though, is this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrqQNK_b1_g
    Unlike her, who do Act Oposite Emotion (ie: she larp oposite emoitions to fix this), I counter this by not doing anything, but just plod on, slowly returning to a normal me again. You and Bella know how I look in sponge mode, the other vids are not that. This, as far I understand, is not, as I orignally thought, an product of function development (source; the vid/person), and what I describe is not, an function development. My experience seem to be identical to hers, so, the practical consequence is it cannot be an function.
    The practical result is equal to typing someone directly after being in an abusive relationship for weeks, then do typing of a video some days after the person has been abused. Thought, last year was horrible for me (everyone around me sufferent mental breakdowns), I have never been different, and this probably is some unresolved issue, from deep back in my psychology. As in the video link.
    The girl in the link, seem to think some of her Ti signals is EDS/Dysautonomia, which certainly is not the case (due to this being... A personal puzzle since I were around 10 year old, I looked at EDS ppl in youtube, no casuality or link between function and disease), some are pure Fi, baseline Se or Ne is everywhere (as YT producers), etc.
    The underlying interest is an illness I do not suffer from, since I am not having issues; It's others around me. This is the reason behind the issues, and I assume reason behind my Sponging. Which is an survival tactic for victims, abused, developing superpowers, often kids growing up with drug addicts or alcoholics can do these kinds of thing, the grown kid, always ready to do anything to assist an annoyed parent, to not getting hit, or abused.
    This, is my curiousity about jungian typology, and curious puzzlement over etheric Fi, and my puzzling discovery of incoherent descriptors and odd jumbled ways of juxtaposed typology systems, as the plethora of Socionics and MBTI "derivatives" failing in major ways. Do you turn Fi over being beaten or molested? I do not even know why I react this way.

Juan E. Sandoval
    Keymaster

Heya 🙂
    I watched only about 1/3 into Karolyn's video, but I think I get what she's saying. And I think I need to clarify several things.
    What Karolyn's talking about falls outside of the scope of "Fi" by the current system (i.e. R-) because emotionality is a different phenomenon that varies independent of object-management-style. Anybody can be emotionally spongy and permeable, or HSP, due to life experiences and so forth. A question like "Do you turn Fi over being beaten or molested?"  shows a construction/idea of Fi as an emotional and affective disposition that one might adapt or become. But this isn't a valid question or framing in CT, because it's apples and oranges. I believe this article is important to read: https://cognitivetypology.com/index.php?title=Redefining_F (as well as all those listed here).

Starshade
    Participant

I know, and apples do not turn into oranges. But... Both me and she, do same thing. We both do that kind of thing, so she'd be 100% Se conscious in some way or shape, and "flips" if both our basic types are correct.
    Forget my rethoric, in "CT" this is 100% about the Pe-Pi axis, in some manner. But this causes feelings, real, physical, feelings. Energy. It has nothing to do with the Ji-Je axis in CT, more, the energetic toll of real life. Can be the model 2.0 will show this as a hundred percent natural phenomena in some kind, which would not surprise me in any way, but, I as a person, got no way to explain why a grownup can turn etheric, or flip stack and extrovert and be stupid silly, etherically float and take on others ideas, emotions, to the point it is possible such persons can be dancing on tables.
    I.. Got some thought about this, I might discuss in the chat 🙂

Starshade
    Participant

Since you cannot apprently hide your type, and your type is showing, etc. From what I have understood: How did you loose the rigidity of your |---? I have developed as an English articulator, but not much happened natively, which puzzled me quite much. It took me 4 to 6 hours to make the type videos though, it's apparently not my English I struggle with, I did not accept my Ji. No idea why.

Bera
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: ll--

I as a person, got no way to explain why a grownup can turn etheric, or flip stack and extrovert and be stupid silly, etherically float and take on others ideas, emotions, to the point it is possible such persons can be dancing on tables.

But you are a double introvert.
    Also, we tend to get attached to our newly developed functions in a way we are not to the first one. This was already explained by Auburn in some previous posts and in a video, maybe I can find it somewhere.
    It's why I would have sworn I am Fi lead before understanding I have a Pe baseline and was simply developing Fi at that time while also having an Fi ego.
    Now there are moments when I totally reject Fi patterns of thinking and go completely utilitarian. Or I simply adopt a more conductorish position. But this doesn't make me TeNi or NiTe, it's just because of the struggle to also embody parts of these lower functions.
    I would honestly say now dancing on tables is shallow and pointless. I would not play DnD for half a day every weekend anymore or videogames or whatever because I have much clearer purposes and somewhat of an agenda. But I still have a reviser baseline. I was just talking to 2 conductors and they seem to think any categories in a system are made up to establish a framework under which to exert Will. And though I totally get their point of view and can take this approach temporarily, I am still a reviser (and an Se lead), I will still lean towards checking what THE categories could be and only after having a skellie in mind will I work on myself starting from that skellie.
    So, I will not play around foolishly but I will explore and try to establish what each thing is in itself. Before exerting Will on the outer world. At least starting from my baseline, I might do it if I go more into conductor mode. Does this make sense?
    Now, another issue here is the one about emotions. I think specific functions tend to trigger specific emotional patterns. Of course I will not feel excited while my entire body is frozen in a Ji position. Or I will not feel doubtful when I am chopping an imaginary salad with my hands. I don't think CT claims this. It just claims you don't need to necessarily be a hyperemotional person if you are high Fi.

Starshade
    Participant

I got some progress, I filmed myself in full FI in native language speaking to a buddy, and.. What I was seeing was, in essence, this in Norwegian:
    https://youtu.be/SRKTu_HLFZQ
    Ok, this is my native Fi

Starshade
    Participant

Auburn: I can give you details in Chat, but I talk about serious mistreatment issues, and I need to talk about OTHERS life experience as well, but the reasons I think my type data is weirdly out of synch, is not what you think, not at all... Look in The Feelz chat...

Starshade
    Participant

https://youtu.be/CS5vQvT2tAo
    A precision: I don't adress Collection of data Garbage, aka: weeding out a few issues, but Garbage collected in your Data. Aka, aka: systemic nonsense. Your system gather problem data systemic and rotates them seemingly into the base data for the system. My own personal view, is due to an gap called; non-native language, and us non natives way to cope by copying inflections, and patterns of others.

Juan E. Sandoval
    Keymaster

Heya Star,
    I share your same concerns with the data collection and I am aware of these problems. There are even more problems than the ones you listed, and fixing all of them would indeed be hard. Not just hard, but it would require an entirely different approach from the very beginning of the data collection pipeline. Potential issues I can think of, just off the top of my head include:

• Bias in the selection of videos
      • Example: The samples CT has are largely two groups: celebrities, and people interested in personality psychology. These two groups don't represent everyone, or an even cross-section of the population.
      • Example: Some people don't like being on camera, so they won't make videos, and then you only get videos of people who are willing to go on camera.
      • Solution? A fully randomized selection process, to get an equal cross-section of the population.
    • Unknown level of subject variation between videos
      • Example: A subject may look very different at different times of day, at different weeks, or in different moods.
      • Example: A  subject may change vultology when speaking different languages.
      • Solution? Do a controlled study on a few samples where you record them over the course of weeks in different moods, different languages, etc -- to see how similar or different their vultology is, and whether a reliable baseline vultology can be extracted from this, despite the variation. This is similar to testing hypothesis 1.
    • Video setting and quality differences
      • Example: Sometimes there is an interviewer, sometimes there isn't.
      • Example: Lighting and resolution may vary, as well as camera orientation.
      • Example: Setting (outside/inside), crowds, one-on-one, may factor into different performance.
      • Solution? Video settings would need to be the same/identical for all subjects in the study. One way to do this is to bring samples into the same room for the interview, using the same recording equipment and camera angles.
    • Demographic Differences
      • Example: We don't know if different cultures have different tonal or articulation habits, which change expression.
      • Example: We don't know if different racial groups have facial anatomy that obscures or changes the appearance of signals.
      • Solution? Control for demographic and racial variables by doing specific studies on specific demographics first, then compare them to each other for similarities and differences.

As you can see, the ideal solution would involve a randomized study group that comes in for an interview in the same setting with the same camera equipment, and for all the interviews to be analyzed by factoring in demographic data. Additionally, each sample should be recorded in each language that they know. They should also come in for an interview a week later, for several weeks, to compare the similarities or differences in different times.
    My wish-list is very long when it comes to this, and I would love to be able to do all of these things. The problem is, as you must know, this sort of process requires a research grant and can easily pass $50,000-$80,000 USD in cost. If I had a grant like that, the "garbage data" problem would surely be solved!
    Anyhow, there is a reason why the wiki says in the main page, under "Scientific Research":

The CT hypotheses and theory tenants have not yet been tested under a formal, scientific setting. Currently the cognitive typology community is preparing a proof of concept involving a database of 1,000 public figures, to demonstrate the efficacy of the hypotheses. The community aims to use this proof of concept to prompt investigation and collaboration from the scientific community.

The current data collection process is filled with inadequacies, I wholly agree. But that's not the current point, because this data isn't meant to be absolute. The point of this endeavor is to put together 1,000 videos into a proof-of-concept pilot study in order to demonstrate that there is reason to justify that $50,000+ grant money. And it is also to help be a pathfinder for how we might go about creating controlled studies around vultology and psychology.
    We have already learned a lot in CT, and a lot of the mistakes. For example, too much attention to anatomical features has lead to misreadings. Ethnicity does contribute to confusion in signals. So far we haven't done the most study on native vs learned languages, but that is another candidate for where we could look more into things.
    Lastly, I think it's crucial to remember that CT is not funded by any university or institution, and is an independent research project. Naturally, when compared to academic work, it's not up to par, but that's a mismatched comparison. On the other hand, when compared to the surrounding typology community, it is doing far more than anyone else I've seen to aim for experimental control, repeatability and transparency.
    Thank you for your video though! I do hope these and all possible problems are fixed in the end. I'm also a perfectionist and am bugged by these things too, but we gotta go one step at a time. 🙂

Starshade
    Participant

Exactly, but, note. for any cooperation I think any Uni or College employee willing to try it; would have two concerns. Reference data and the ethics of the system, ie; the ethics of the type store model.
    The ethics is.. The only "issue", outside of my musings on how you can be sure you are not producing proof of INFJ doom or something equally weird.
    I am not disappointed about my typing just... Amused. It's like seeing yourself typed as your favorite roleplay character, or consept. As being typed as your online persona, which is fun, but weird.
    I feel bad about being honest, since my experience in life has been up and down, one down I posted on in chat, and my reaction to it I think is similar to a friend of yours, and I am happy to say I have crept out of my shell, and started working on being me, again. My... True nature is more.. Ethernal SunChild, not depressive at all. If I hit on enough bumps, I can still start showing some (Flat affect, whatever it's called now), and get more lifeless, but perks up in a day or two.
    I...  Just, look de-energized when I speak foreign language and I am a bit timid, and need to seriously consider how I adress this in future, since I need it. Therefore I got desperate and tried do anything, and... Typology!
    The biggest down, is not liking suddenly stopping while talking, break up, stottering, appearing lifeless when I know I am not, and have got told again and again: Can't you smile more? Be more happy?
    My parents might have wished me having more energy, and be more active. I never were that extroverted, and any Ne lead always have that energy. It's not an illness, I can run half marathon, it's not emotional issues, since, It's just me. Online I got a bit undercover, and becomes anything.
    Also be aware if you have any issue, and show any of the Ti signals, doctors start think Autist spectrum immediately, that count for any TiNe, or Ti conscious, trust me. That is one reaction you will get if you try publish this.

Juan E. Sandoval
    Keymaster

Reference data and the ethics of the system, ie; the ethics of the type store model. The ethics is.. The only “issue”

Right. Regarding the ethics, this is also being addressed now since, as explained in this post, Model 2 will give out "vultology classifications" that are as-is descriptions of a person's vultology, without necessarily making any direct claim about the implications of what that means. The implications will be addressed using supporting data, and that data can be debated based on the studies linked to it.
    So in the future, a person won't be "typed" NeFi from visuals. They may be classified as Proactive-Fluid-Candid-Suspended (PF-Ca-Su), which are strictly visual categories. From there, they can debate what that means about their psyche, and CT will present its argument, using statistics/etc, for what we believe it to mean.

My… True nature is more.. Ethernal SunChild, not depressive at all. If I hit on enough bumps, I can still start showing some (Flat affect, whatever it’s called now), and get more lifeless, but perks up in a day or two.

It's curious that you should say this, since Delta NF's (FiNe and NeFi) are literally called Etherealists in model 1, and Pe-leads in particular are Eternal Child (Puer Aeternus). So "Ethereal Child" would be the mythological name of the NeFi.

I… Just, look de-energized when I speak foreign language and I am a bit timid, and need to seriously consider how I adress this in future, since I need it. Therefore I got desperate and tried do anything, and… Typology!

As for you making note of your specific situation having signals obstructing your analysis, I'm not sure what you mean because it seems to me that you were not typed according to the "obstructions." If you were mistyped according to obstructions, you may have been typed Ti-lead, due to the stuttering you experience when converting from one language to another. But that isn't what you were typed as.

The biggest down, is not liking suddenly stopping while talking, break up, stottering, appearing lifeless when I know I am not

Right. But again it almost seems like you're making the reverse argument. If you were typed as TiNe, but felt you were actually an Ethereal SunChild at core, who is in essence radiant and energized, and perks-up back in a day or two, then that would be a problem. If you were typed as Ti-lead, but you felt that was an error because you were stuttering more than normal in translating languages, etc, then your argument would make sense. But you were not typed Ti-lead, etc. So I am wondering what you think was the error here? If anything it seems an 'error' wasn't made here, when it may have.

Online I got a bit undercover, and becomes anything.

Shapeshifting and taking on caricatures is part of the Ne behavioral profile, and it actually isn't something everyone can do. One might think that being a shapeshifter would mean their type is unidentifiable, but actually, very few types are shapeshifters, and the shapeshifting tendency itself is a point of identification. 🙂
    Signals of Psychological Toll
    Anyhow, I also wish to say a bit more about your psychology if I may? You are right that you seem weighted down. According to the current theory, we've discovered that development of lower functions is proportional to a level of diminishing from the lead function. In other words, development level seems to be a zero-sum situation, so that being NeFi ll-l would imply that libido energies are leaving Ne and going towards other processes. This causes something called integrative toll. I describe this by saying that such developments are a little masochistic, and they are associated in the database with higher levels of fallen affect.
    In short, it is wholly possible that you are over-modulating, because of some personal or life situations, and are not in your most "normal state" - and this is causing you bodily stress. In fact, that's exactly what your development level and fallen affect level would suggest. So I think your reading was actually very keenly in harmony with what you have been saying about yourself. You describe yourself being in an altered state of stress during the video making timeframe, and that deep down you are an Ethereal SunChild -- that's another way of saying over-modulated NeFi.
    If this makes sense, then I would propose to you that CT actually *is* capturing your psychology, including its nuanced circumstantial conditions and stressors (since dev level is about nurture, and type is about nature -- and a reading attempts to account for both). I wonder if this makes sense to you?

Juan E. Sandoval
    Keymaster

Sidenote...
    It might be interesting to consider the value of researching into 'letting go' of function over-modulation or development. In other words, the opposite of gaining dev level sticks. Releasing them, for therapeutic purposes.
    It's possible that gaining, as well as losing, function presence may both be valuable and healing, depending on the person's situation and why they're in a given state.
    (For example, Star, I think you might benefit from letting go of Ji and Pi a little bit... and center back in your SunChild self... since they seem to be clamping you.)

Remnants
    Participant
    • Type: FiNe
    • Development: l---

Interesting... I thought having more functions developed was mostly a good thing.

Starshade
    Participant

Remnants: I won't leave chat to concentrate on other things, as this, will try be more... Focused.
    I have been reading a bit on CT, and giving it a trough look, not just the "applicable", but all parts, I know sort of what is going on. Natively, I seem fully conscious Directive. But while my core personality is, a male directive, and my signals display it, I am emotional, permeable, and got an open heart.
    My emotions are a bit hard to explain, especially since this is a bit different than what I perceive as usual, but what I feel, experience, do happen; for Directive girls. But probably not many of them. It's a bit as having an empathic, and caring empathy. Wanting to care, but with a Directive attitude. Nurture. I am able to pick up on things, and intuitively knows the feelings of others and can be moved and cry of a movie, etc. I am emotional, and a bit "permeable", up to just knowing things, with no apparent means to do. I just let it in; always. Googling old forum, I see pics of, say, Alerith. I'd pick up on her emotions, in same way I'd see them on people as Animal or Bera, even in the pictures of Alerith struggling. And neither is it Gender based, since I let in energies from men, so I can let in energies from people like, Auburn or Alexander.
    But this require an love, and an open heart. Building an attitude. I struggle a bit with notions this is not common, and hesitates showing me, the true, me.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
bookmarkglobeenvelopeshopping-bag