Harry Potter's Fictional Type

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions Harry Potter's Fictional Type

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Bera
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Seelie

I agree ! It's more specific than Hero and I think it conveys the essence of Fe.
    It does have some indirect religious undertones but that's ok, because in the end it is a myth, we can't expect it to have absolutely no connection to any religion !
    But indeed it's not too religious. 🙂
    I actually like it. 🙂

Animal
    Participant
    • Development: lll-

@bera
    Yes, Trickster also has connection to Lucifer, but hey.. I'm not complaining.
    It's not incorrect 😉

Bera

@Animal - I actually wanted to say that when I mentioned I wanted balance, I didn't mean :
    Fe - Messiah
    Se - Satan
    😉

Faeruss
    Participant
    • Type: FeNi
    • Development: llll
    • Attitude: Directive

@Auburn
    Saviour could work, though I would still say it seems a bit biased towards the light manifestation of the myth (more so than with the other myths), though I am at present struggling to find a better word.

Faex
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi

@auburn, I think saviour is great! I disagree there are religious undertones. I mean, yes, Jesus is "saviour" but that's not as specifically religious as "Messiah". There are many saviours in stories, it fits. Superheroes are all saviours, especially Superman. I think it's perfect.
    Alternatively, we could stick to "hero" but be sure to differentiate it from "the hero's journey". The latter is more universal, but not the first. The issue comes when we interpret all 'hero's journey's as referring to Fe rather than individuation. But if we avoid that mistake, hero is ok, I think. We just have to make sure we're not equating the ego's journey with one path. 🙂

Animal
    Participant
    • Development: lll-

@Bera
    We're Tricksters. Satan is a trickster. It's just the way things are.
    As @Auburn once wrote, the King who can no longer tolerate the Jester is a tyrant.
    The stories about a God who can't tolerate being questioned and requires absolute faith without question - these are stories of a tyrant.
    The Bible is a rewrite of many collected stories that were written before. In the Sumerian tablets, written a few thousand years before the Bible, the Annunaki created human kind as slaves to mine gold, because they needed gold to preserve the atmosphere of their home planet.  Enki - a very clear Pe type - was the creator of Man, who was more benevolent and wanted to give them longer life, teach them knowledge and endow them with the gifts of the Gods. But Enlil, his brother who was in charge of things, wanted to keep them as lowly slaves. They were first created in Eden, through DNA mixing between the Annunaki  and homo erectus.
    Enlil was always trying to limit them and Enki was always sneaking them special favors. In the Bible, Enlil - the angry Je overseer -  was given the role of God in the same stories. Enki was given the role of Lucifer, Satan -- the creative brother who disobeyed.
    There are many ways to look at this and we are not "evil" in all of them. The Bible is not the only creation story out there, and many of them tell the same stories from different angles.

Bera

I think we have a new thread split, I will look what happened and come back. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram