Pe Descriptions. Should we focus on Hunter-Gatherer, Synchronicity, Channeling?

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions Pe Descriptions. Should we focus on Hunter-Gatherer, Synchronicity, Channeling?

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    asmodeus, king of demons
    Participant
    • Type: NeTi
    • Development: l---
    • Attitude: Adaptive

The main problem I had was that this article looked dark compared to the others.
    And every function has dark sides and light sides. Only that with Se I perceived significantly more darkness than light. With the others, usually you have the darkness only in the dark aspects section. In Se’s case, when I first read it, it felt like it was everywhere.

This has been my stance for some time, more or less. The Trickster/Eternal Child archetypes are too much general Pe, imo. they describe both Ne and Se in their light and dark expressions but say the dark one is Se and the light one is Ne

Animal
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Seelie

A teenager could work too, thinking about it, my Trickster God looks like he could experiment with sex. Oh, he can play the pipe to make people horny. That’s a thing he would do. Problem solved.

Hahahah, this made me laugh out loud 😀  Yes, singing with the birds :3
    I'll respond more later, looking forward to all further thoughts and replies 🙂

Bera
    • Development: ll--

@puffs - this is an interesting idea. I just think it's easier to see Se as being darker because thinking in a convergent matter and being focused tends to make people goal oriented, ambitious or opportunistic. And this is of course dark. But I think it's just a tendency that can be controlled using Ji.
    But since it is a natural tendency of Se, it is right for it to be in the Se - profile. I saw it as a warning. 🙂 Beware ! This is a potential pitfall. I don't think it was meant like that though. 🙂
    I just remembered Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children. The lead character has no idea what his special ability is. It seemed like he had none. And at some point he realizes what it is. But this would be a spoiler and I always have problems with using spoiler tags.
    Ok, it is dark. I will think about it more but I just realized it IS dark. Oh, dear, we have a hard job. 🙂

Animal
    Participant

@bera
    I don't have any particular care if a description is dark or light, personally. I just want to see the basic mechanisms covered in a way that makes sense to me, or matches my personal experience of myself and other Se leads in reality.
    From all these threads, and the input and people correcting me on my own misconceptions, I'm starting to understand exactly what was bothering me. I've been saying for a while that I want to write a Se description --- NOT to undermine Auburn because he's a genius and a mastermind and I could never come close. But just to offer a slightly different perspective. I'm probably going to use his description as a basis, and just edit in my own ideas, and then post it. Soonish. And you guys can rip it apart as you wish 🙂 and obviously Auburn can take or leave it, critique it too. I'm doing it mostly to have a Se perspective for newcomers who are typed as Se, to  see how it resonates. I think Auburn covered most of the themes but there are just a few blips which I'm going to list here when I have a little more time.
    But to me, the light/dark stuff is very much a personal thing. Like, I don't personally see what's "dark" about sensuality or sexuality. To me that seems like a Puritan religious judgment that really has nothing to do with darkness. "Boredom" is a lot more offensive to me. It sounds soulless, lifeless and manufactured, like culture has created 'bored' people by shoving television & video games down their throats, and causing entire generations to grow up expecting immediate gratification.  Boredom is also a sign of depression.
    But I'm going to TRY to suspend my Fi judgments as much as humanly possible, in order to channel something more universal that is beyond my personal preferences. We'll see how I do! I'm sure it will be very flawed 🙂 but it's an attempt to expand typology horizons.

Animal
    Participant

As a side point, I would propose that sexuality and sensuality aren't "dark" in and of themselves. What's dark is giving yourself away out of desperation, or using your sexuality to manipulate others in a dishonest fashion.  However, exploring one's sexual and sensual tastes, sharing them in love and art, is not 'dark' - on the contrary, it is human, beautiful and cathartic.

Bera
    • Development: ll--

I didn't mean it was dark because of the sexual part.
    I had a realization while listening to a song, haha. I will try to break it down but this morning I had a new realization - that this might be true for Sp/Soc who is also Se lead. Maybe it is not generally right.
    First the song :

I found it looking for songs about Pan and it has no connection to Pan but it is pretty much about how I perceive the dynamics between my Fi and Se. :)) Fi wanting to be loving and nurturing and not really having the necessary material for this purpose. And Se forever being a baby...and a trickster baby too. 🙂
    SPOILER 
    Somehow while listening to it, I remembered Miss Peregrine and her home for peculiar children. The first book; I watched the movie but I can't remember much about the movie. So, there are children with special abilities and some dark monsters that are after them. Miss Peregrine takes all the kids to a type of boarding school and makes a time loop (as this is her special ability) where they can hide from the monsters, as it is outside of space and time. The lead character's grandfather is killed by one of the monsters and the lead character becomes traumatized after seeing the monster who killed his grandfather. He finds a letter that sends him to the place where you can enter Miss Peregrine's time loop. He gets there and enters the loop. It is basically a year that keeps repeating itself. The children are all there and can not grow. His grandfather's first love is there too and falls in love with the main character. 🙂 The kid keeps being told he also has a special ability and Miss Peregrine obviously wants to keep him there, in the time loop, with all the other children.
    I can't exactly remember the scene but at some point the kid finds out the monsters are invisible to everyone...except him. He is the only one who can see them, this is his special ability. 🙂 🙁
    And I realized being attuned to the senses and focused would naturally make you see dark things easier. And this is very useful, because you can protect yourself and others from everything that is rotten and flawed. And probably this is a duty we have. That is reflected in being the court jester. And in being a hunter. 🙂 I never thought of it this way before, I just thought, oh, attuned to the senses, who cares, this is useless if you lack artistic talents. :))
    So, my trickster goat kid does have a purpose. :)) Earth is just above hell and maybe these horned god creatures are not in hell to punish sinners, but are wandering from earth to hell and back to protect everyone from darker things lurking there.
    I know I am basically making up mythological alternative stories to make sense of Se. :)) But...I never felt I had to just have fun, this is again irrelevant when you look at your life in a larger context. I always felt there must be a purpose behind it. And now I think there is, and our love of fun is actually a manifestation of this purpose, because seeing the hilarious part of life makes it easier for you to show the darkness to others.
    Yes, with sexuality and sensuality I think you are right, they are not necessarily dark. I think a possible problem is that a confusion can be made between dark content itself and a function that...perceives it easier. But the function does not produce darkness, it is here to Se it and to hunt it down or to show it to others in a satyrical way. 🙂
    But I think you can do many other things with it, of course. Probably this struck me because I am a lawyer, so it is indirectly connected to my job. But it is very much connected to art too. Also to politics. The important thing is, it is not dark itself, it is more...sensitive to the dark. But I think you must really balance it with Ji and Ni to make a good thing out of it.

devon
    Participant
    • Type:
    • Development:
    • Attitude:

I get antsy, I do need stimulation. And often, I need help with it

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram