Is it even worth it? Making Ni Conscious

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions Is it even worth it? Making Ni Conscious

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GreenCoyote
    Participant
    • Type: SeTi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Adaptive
    EpicEntity
    Participant
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Directive

This video makes you seem even more CHILL about developing consistences in all functions than what I've been writing so far. Which probably should not be surprising. From my overall impression of you I'd say you are gravitating to the ESF temperament. From my overall impression of myself it's likely ENT. It could just be my ego saying some of these things.
    It's just as hard to imagine making Fe consistent as it is in making Ni and Ti inconsistent. To me, as you may already know, it's fun to find the extent in which I can activate all my functions along with finding any distinct qualities of their operation.

Discord
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:
    • Attitude: Unknown

Yes

GreenCoyote
    Participant

@courjester

I like how there is no elaboration, its just "Yes" ha hah a.
    good times.

a.k.a.Janie
    Participant
    • Type: FiSe
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Unseelie

I found this interesting to listen to, because I also apparently am in a position to develop Ni, but I have way different functions. Hearing from an extrovert with Ti about this, is so different but with some similarities.
    First, my thought is that as a Fi dom, Ni seems totally benign and not scary to me. The way I see it, my dominant function is already all about experiencing all emotions all across the spectrum, which plenty of people aren't wired to want to do, for very understandable reasons. Anyway, there is I guess one thing I thought scared me about Ni, and that is, that Ne feels safer to me, because it doesn't immediately hone in on one explanation as being the one. It leaves it open-ended. So, this probably sounds weird, but sometimes I'm afraid that Ni might give me a conclusion that something bad will happen, when I'd rather not know. But as I try to type this out, it doesn't hold up to logic. I think I'm just describing fear, which everyone has.
    I also really appreciate Ni in other people. A relative of my boyfriend is an INTJ, and I love what he does for a job. It seems a perfect fit for Ni-Te, and I'm sometimes a bit envious that I'll never be as good as that as he is.
    I related to the part at the end about synchronicities and how they can make you just sort of be in the right place at the right time, and it helps people. I love that. As I learn to discover the Se I didn't even know I had at all (I always test INFP on quizzes, ever since high school), I can only hope to become more open to those kind of occurrences, myself. And so, on the one hand, I'm almost like, 'Yeah, of course you want to develop Ni! You already have these really cool experiences, and the Ni could make things even better!' But on the other hand, I can see how for an Se dom, you might be more comfortable the way you are, interacting with the world. And that conscious Ti is already enough of a slowing, inward force, and can already serve some of the purposes that Ni would.
    Interesting food for thought. I like the chill attitude, and am interested to see how that goes for you, especially with me being where I'm at right now, approaching a similar point but from a very different path.

GreenCoyote
    Participant

@a.k.a.Janie
    thank you for responding!
    yeah, I think for an introvert developing Ni might seem less scary because they are already so focused on the inner world. Ti never seems threatening for me to explore because it is so logical and seemingly unemotional. However maybe if your natural state IS one of exploring inner emotions I can see how an inner logical state could seem threatening.
    Before I met my NiFe friend I was dealing with my imagination and viewed it as threatening. I have come along way in short amount of time. Sometimes meeting someone with the function you are trying to develop can help.
    it at least will provide you with a kind of energetic growth state (at least in my experience).
    I don't know if you know Paul on here but he is a TeNi. He seems very good natured to me, at least in words, I have never seen a video of him though. He might have some insight since Ni is his second function and for you it is your third.
    Also. I would love to hear about your development and how developing Ni goes for a FiSe when you get to that point. I am so interested in how Ni manifests in all the four positions. My theory is that it shows up a little differently depending.
    anyway, thanks for the reply 🙂
    are you new to the forum?

a.k.a.Janie
    Participant
    • Type: FiSe
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Unseelie

Hi @GreenCoyote ,
    I just noticed your reply. 🙂
    That makes total sense. Glad you could relate. And that you've been able to grow and develop yourself in your time here.
    Yes, I am new here. I just got my report this month, and have barely started getting to know people on here. Seeing my report and the little bit of the resources and forums I've seen on the site has been awesome already. I'm kind of trying to get a bit out of my comfort zone and interact with more people, so.
    As far as my relationship with Ni, it's kind of interesting. For the past 2.5 years, in which I've spent a portion of my free time on typology related things, I never seriously doubted or questioned that my best fit type was (MBTI) INFP. I did, however, feel that the system was perhaps a bit too rigid, because I felt that I also used Ni sometimes. And then I submitted videos to Cognitive Type, and BAM! FiSe. I was like, What the...?! lol. But with a margin of error including FiNe. So, basically I'm sort of in a questioning state regarding my type now. I relate to tertiary Ni and Critical Parent Ni. I strongly relate to Ni as a "hobby" function, but also to Si as either a "play" or "tool" function.
    Anyway, I actually did record a video of my own on my thoughts on reaching my next level of development (or not). I kind of got inspired by yours. But I've hesitated to post it, because, to be honest, I felt that it was kind of depressing/heavy, as well as vulnerable. And I thought it was maybe not appropriate to just, bam, hit everyone with that, on a forum where I've barely posted more than an introduction.
    In any case, I do want to actively post some stuff, as feels right. So, we'll see.
    See you,
    Janie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram