Heroes & Villains for each Function -Myth

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions Heroes & Villains for each Function -Myth

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Animal
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Seelie

After all our yapping about Harry Potter on the other thread, I thought it  might be a good idea to discuss some hero & villain myths. Feel free to debate, disagree; and add types & people of your own, for any function. I'm just starting with the ones that are on my mind right now...
    Se/Trickster

Heroes:

• Harry Potter. 
      Classic Trickster Hero tale. The Je Tyrant, Voldemort, gets taken down by HP, the trickster.  Harry, the SeFi hero, is impulsive, breaks rules, doesn't care for authorities and bureaucracy, sucks at school and excels at sports. He has no plan, gets bored easily and breaks rules to explore, but impulsively rushes in to protect people when needed, and rises to the occasion of leader when his loved ones are in danger.
      The series is anti-bureaucracy, and arguably anti-Beta in the sense that Slytherins are depicted as 'slick, sliver-tongued Betas.' However they do have a strong Je hero in Hermione.

Villains:

• The Joker
      Like HP, the Joker is impulsive, adventurous, turns up in random places. Unlike HP, he has no moral backbone and is obsessed with Batman, thus causing chaos on his behalf.

Fe/Hero
    Heroes:

• Black Panther
      Rises up into the shoes of his father, battling his own fear and weakness to become a man and a King for his people. Gives everything to serve his people.
    • Danaerys Targaryen
      Rises from the ashes quite literally, to fulfill her perceived destiny as Queen of the Realm. Her ideals are challenged over and over as she commands, and she has to learn to think on her feet by herself and have moral consistency (Ti) in order to become a woman and a true Queen.

Villains:

• Voldemort. 
      In his youth, he is portrayed as a silver-tongued persuader. He rallies people around him for his 'cause,' splits his soul into many parts so he can 'become something new' to enact his final destiny of immortality, and charms & persuades those who follow him, using both fear and warm tribal sentiments as a motivator.
    Bera
    • Development: ll--

@animal , you really don't give up, do you? 🙂 Talking about strong volition. :p
    I will not say anything else about Harry Potter right now, but I do think Daenerys is a very good example of an Fe hero. She is not only a Queen, she is the Mother of Dragons. People call her Mother. We see her dominate huge crowds by clever and warm persuasion. We see her become her people's hero again and again and again. She builds clans and tribes around herself and if she does not, she takes already built ones and makes them her own. She punishes people who wrong her, uses shaming and rewards in ways aimed at influencing others. She refines herself throughout her journey and transforms from a victim to a leader. She offers guidance and motivates others to grow. She very fittingly represents the idea of mind over body, being a pretty frail and small woman who rides dragons, eats a horse's heart, dives into hot water or goes in the fire without feeling any pain or maybe ignoring any pain she might feel. She constantly endures impossible challenges and faces adversity. Also, she is a flame bearer.
    I think she is representative of Fe indeed ! <3

Animal
    Participant

@animal , you really don’t give up, do you?   Talking about strong volition. :p

Haha, there's nothing to give up on or not give up on. It just spawned more ideas for threads. 😀
    You had asked on the other thread if we could come up with "good" examples for Se, that people might see as role models. And I thought that was a beautiful request, and an interesting way to explore functions - so I decided to make the thread for anyone to discuss 'role model' and also dark examples of any function. I wasn't "not giving up" on something. 😀  Just pursuing what I thought was a good idea.

Tea
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: l--l

Okay, I got my lazy ass up (crashed after a long day) and fired up my computer because I want to make a distinction. For both Se and Fe there is a sense of rising to the task.
    Adapt self to match task.
    Se seems more to embody the challenge at hand, while Fe steps into a social role. Both are therefore heroes, and both experience glory. But for Fe I think it boils down to social role (like Moana), and there's a bit more structure present in the journey. There are certain elements always present in a Fe hero's journey that needn't be in other hero journeys. Fe has an element of servanthood in it, and TeFi together can functionally be the same. (It's correct that Fe is the Messiah, the servant-leader.)
    Se - hunt and embrace task, singular and focused
    Fe - swell and embrace as you are embraced, expansive
    (P.S. Great thread! And I'll have to think about it more. This actually ties into of a whole series of questions I've been thinking of lately)

Faex
    Participant

Ouu! Neat!
    I don't know if he's Fe or Te, but the mighty Thanos definitely is a "chosen one" and "saviour" too, even though he's the villain. (Avengers 4: Infinity War).

Hrafn
    Participant
    • Type: SiTe
    • Development: l-ll

Re: Se heroes & role-models...I'm pretty sure Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez is SeFi (alt. NeFi), and she's become quite a folk-hero lately.

Faex
    Participant

Re: Se heroes & role-models…I’m pretty sure Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez is SeFi (alt. NeFi), and she’s become quite a folk-hero lately.

And a folk villain, too, lol. Conservatives seem to me to be loosing their heads over this little girl.

Animal
    Participant

Personally I find Cortez unimpressive, but I know many people don't agree with me. She strikes me as bland, nothing special and unoriginal, but I suppose she is a run-of-the-mill product of our time.
    Of course everyone's definiton of hero is different. I'd consider a hero - or even a villain- someone with more timeless impact and lasting power. Someone who makes a real difference on their own rather than fitting neatly into some pre-established paradigm.
    Peterson, for example. A self-made, self-defined person with an original viewpoint that isn't just a rehash of another echo chamber.
    But thats just me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram