Cognitive Type + Compatibility Patterns

Home Page Forums Love, Relationships & Intimacy Cognitive Type + Compatibility Patterns

• Forum Bot
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:
    • Attitude: Unknown

@greencoyote That is the case with Beta’s is we are emotionally charged and we pull those who are our own up and out of the mud to keep marching. Sparta! Lol

EpicEntity
    Participant
    • Type: SeTi
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Directive

I was thinking the next celebrity typing contest could be a 16 person 4 team free for all. The open discussion teams would be SiTe/FeSi/NiFe/TeNi VS NiTe/FeNi/SiFe/TeSi VS SeTi/FiSe/NeFi/TiNe VS NeTi/FiNe/SeFi/TiSe!!! And everyone else could just continue doing a separate individual free for all for that time around!!

CB
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: l---
    • Attitude: Unseelie

Sorry, not figured out how to quote yet…. I press the reply button underneath the individual post, but doesn’t quote…..

But yeah, there’s a thread on one of the forums, asking what relation ppl think that their parents have…there was only 50 votes, but Supervision came out well on top….

I’m also dubious about duality for a relation, but you never know…..

I think that I find it easier to create a bond with other FI valuers, than non FI valuers

Animal
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: lll-

@cb

In order to quote you have to use the “quotes” right above the post

^ Like so.

Then you just copy the text from the person’s post and paste it in, like this:

Sorry, not figured out how to quote yet…. I press the reply button underneath the individual post, but doesn’t quote…..

Then press “enter” twice to exit quote-mode.

Also that’s interesting and I’m not surprised. It’s the most common relation that I’ve seen as well, and my husband and I are supervisors, and going strong after 5 years. 🙂

CB
    Participant

Thanks Animal!

Glad that it’s working good for you both! 🙂

The problem with Socionics and duality, is that they seem to think that we are completely incapable of managing with our weaknesses on our own…

Many of us have to find ways of adapting to our weak spots from a relatively young age, and may spend much of our lives living outside of our comfort zone

I’m sure that many of us learn to survive in the world just fine, to the point that we don’t NEED anyone to do anything for us…. maybe socionics comes from a time and place where everyone helps each other out like a big community type thing, so that you never have to work on/adapt to your weak spots???….

And then of course some functions are more in demand in the world than others, and are therefore less likely to be sought out….

Anyone that doesn’t NEED or believe that they need a particular function/brain focus to compliment their own, is just going to look for whoever is most appealing, and if you get on great and enjoy each others company then what more can you ask for?!!

Not suggesting that any type combo would work, and maybe duality is the best relation for some ppl, and I definitely see the appeal and benefits of having at least some similarities of ‘focus’ but they think too rigidly….

Animal
    Participant

@CB

Totally agree. I do have a few NiTe friends – I seem to be drawn to them – and we work very well together. I can see the benefits of duality when working with them. One friend who is NiTe ( @Thanatesque ) is probably the only woman on Earth I would have chased to the heavens and hells and back if I weren’t married. 😀 (I am usually into men.) That said, I feel like she and I will be inspiration-muse-soulmates for our whole lives but probably happier in separate romantic relationships, if only because being with someone from another quadra forces you to fill in your own damn weaknesses, as you say! 🙂  It also seems like she wants slightly different things out of an ‘ideal life’ whereas me and Se-heavy people, or at least my TiSe, seem to see more eye to eye on that. Living conditions, environmental needs, etc.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Animal.
    CB
    Participant

Ha! Yeah I can imagine that it’s nice to have a partner being on a similar ‘explorer’ wavelength as you….

Its cool/interesting that if you (any type) have the explorer function in the the top two, then your supervisor and supervisee does too….(same for worldview)

I might have to start paying attention to how I get on my with supervisor/superisee in general, because I’ve never thought about it before….

@Animal

Chiron
    Participant
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

I’ve seen a few different patterns that I may have(?) mentioned before. One is Alpha men in relationships with Gamma women. What I see here is a strong cultural effect, as well as one of a mutual balance/compensation. Often times it seems that Alphas will take a calm, caring, psychoanalytical approach to relationships, which is seen as ’emotionally sensitive’ and ‘supportive’. High Fe+Si types especially will tend to be loyalists, and reliable providers who take a parental sort of role. All of these traits are culturally labeled as desirable especially in men. Similarly, Gammas tend to have an independent sense of their emotions (Fi), a frankness (Te), and spontaneous, sensual energy (Se) which are all culturally labeled as desirable traits in women. This makes people who are seeking a heterosexual relationship tend to see Alphas and Gammas as kind of the ideal man/woman, and often the two ‘ideals’ come together. It seems that there is a compensatory effect in these opposite-function kind of relationships as well, where each has access to the traits and views which are otherwise out of reach to them. From what I’ve heard from people who have been in one of these types of pairings, there is a kind of eternal sense of mystery as well, where because of the opposite cognitive processing neither can ever understand the other fully.

And as you mentioned @Animal, I’ve also noticed a strong resonance between TiNe’s and NeFi’s in particular. Many of my best friends throughout my life have been NeFi (or TeSi with heavy Ne). My partner’s best friend since childhood is also NeFi, and one of his long-term partners was NeFi as well. Overall it seems like having the same perception functions leads to compatibility, I’ve noticed especially in the case of similar senses of humor.

Ofc I’m a proponent of same-type relationships as well, although I rarely see these happen! I’ve been fortunate enough to have ended up in two such situations thus far, and I’ll say the degree of mutual understanding and depth of love that can be had is quite beautiful indeed <3

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Chiron.
    Animal
    Participant

@Alerith

The draw to same-type relationships is probably rare indeed, and I wonder if all types are equally programmed to handle this? I can’t imagine two SeFi’s together for instance. What a mess. Or what about two TeNi’s. Imagine two Ben Shapiros quarantined together. They would destroy each other!

I also find the “Gamma is the ideal woman” sentiment intriguing. I think that may apply to FiSe –  FiSe itself is the ideal woman. However, SeFi and especially TeNi women are often considered too intense, too wild, too much fire etc. I am anything but the ideal woman, although I am not particularly ugly. I will admit that introverted guys tend to notice me and consider me to be an intriguing fire-bomb, but still, it’s like a wildfire. It’s beautiful and mesmerizing from afar but if it comes too close to their home, they’ll do anything to put that fire out.  Hyper-masculine men can love me as a friend or a brief attraction, but they never would want me in a relationship. (The feeling is mutual.) I suspect Te development in any woman is enough to deter “ideal men” from being interested in them. It doesn’t bother me since I am attracted to introverts and shy people almost exclusively, but I have heard confessions from many Gamma extroverts, much more standard-beautiful than myself, saying that they’re “too much” for most men.

In my view the ideal woman is Fi lead, and probably FiSe is slightly more ideal.  Following that is TiSe or TiNe, although I can see how there’s a cold-logic factor there which some men might find confusing.

The idea of me with an Alpha SF is laughable although I really enjoy the few Alpha SF friends that I’ve had. I am near certain that one of my past liasons was with an Alpha SF. We were in highschool and it lasted two weeks, at which point we both just said, “The chemistry isnt there” “not really feeling it.” Before that he had been into me for a long time but the reality wasn’t his thing. I wasn’t offended. We are still friends. It just isn’t there for me.

That being said, I know that a lot of Gamma women are attracted to Alpha men. Out of the alphas, the only ones I find hot are TiNe. The other types can be gorgeous to look at and wonderful people but I feel no chemistry. However I think you’re very cute :3 and Chris Corner…. the Ti mind in general intrigues me. Ne throws me off though, when going in deeper. Also I don’t think I’ve ever been close to one in person, which is not to say that it couldn’t happen. But I would be unlikely to notice a guy who didn’t dress with some flare or hold eye contact for a long time, like TiSe men are more likely to do. There’s a certain visceral communication that gets my attention.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Animal.
    Chiron
    Participant
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

lol good point abt 2 Shapiros in the same place XD I don’t think the same type thing is for everyone, and certainly there are some people with personalities that necessitate a counterbalance! I just happen to have a fetish.. perhaps call it a quasi-narcissistic fetish ;p

I also find the “Gamma is the ideal woman” sentiment intriguing. I think that may apply to FiSe –  FiSe itself is the ideal woman. However, SeFi and especially TeNi women are often considered too intense, too wild, too much fire etc.

hmm well I think this depends on the context, and also the combination of people. I have actually noticed what you mention, that extroverts tend to be attracted to introverts and vice-versa. I’ve seen several cases where introverted Alpha men end up with extroverted Gamma women, actually my partner is primarily attracted to TeNi and SeFi women 😉 The main relationship I see that I was referencing is a FiSe woman with FeSi man though. My aunt and uncle were an example of this and they were married 70 years! Maybe it’s more accurate to say FiSe women and FeSi men are idealized to some extent?

oh oh but speaking of ideal TiSe’s! I totally know what you mean. Like there’s this girl in my women’s group that looks *so much* like Taylor Swift!! 😀

aaaand she’s a biologist who specializes in DNA sequencing and dances with snakes <3 I’d say she’s pretty ideal (straight as a pin tho, unfortunately for yours truly :/) It seems like TiSe women tend to be pretty in a classic way, and have an exceptional sense of style to compliment their appearance. And they tend to be smart as well..

However I think you’re very cute :3 and Chris Corner…. the Ti mind in general intrigues me. Ne throws me off though, when going in deeper.

daww thank you ^_^ lol yeah that’s kinda what I’m talking about when I say part of compatibility is in having the same perception functions. I think to some extent it doesn’t really matter, but as you say when you get to a deeper level of, say, making sense of the other person’s thoughts, the difference in how things are pieced together can be confusing.

Also I don’t think I’ve ever been close to one in person, which is not to say that it couldn’t happen. But I would be unlikely to notice a guy who didn’t dress with some flare or hold eye contact for a long time, like TiSe men are more likely to do. There’s a certain visceral communication that gets my attention.

Really? Well actually it’s not too surprising you haven’t been close to a TiNe irl, we do seem to be pretty scarce 🙁 But yeah, TiSe’s do tend to be a lot sexier than TiNe’s, not to mention socially savvy 😅 I think you hit the nail on the head when you say we’re cute, Ne is definitely more on the cute side, while Se is sexy and badass!

@Animal

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Chiron.
    Animal
    Participant

@Alerith

I just happen to have a fetish.. perhaps call it a quasi-narcissistic fetish ;p

Hahaha this made me laugh 😀 I get it though. I’m certainly not immune to this myself. ;D

actually my partner is primarily attracted to TeNi and SeFi women 😉

Seriously? I had no idea that (when I was single) I would have stood a chance with any TiNe. Good to know! Hahaha.

I’d say she’s pretty ideal (straight as a pin tho, unfortunately for yours truly :/) It seems like TiSe women tend to be pretty in a classic way, and have an exceptional sense of style to compliment their appearance. And they tend to be smart as well..

Ahh shucks on her being straight as a pin. 🙁  She is really really really stunning. Wow.  Yes, she’s a perfect example of very feminine TiSe woman.  @Ivory also attracts attention like that. Everywhere we go, people tell him he’s gorgeous and he should model. Including men (perhaps even more often men). He’s so graceful and gorgeous and well dressed and poised … to the point that it’s a talking piece. But he definitely is not “masculine man.” He’s not feminine either per se… he’s just .. him. Beyond the dichotomy. People often say he’s pure, angelic. I feel like that can happen with some TiSe’s for some reason. An elevated quality??

I think to some extent it doesn’t really matter, but as you say when you get to a deeper level of, say, making sense of the other person’s thoughts, the difference in how things are pieced together can be confusing.

Yeah exactly! I’m sure that younger me could have fallen in love with a TiNe (probably not the other Alphas though.. they’re just too far outside my range of taste.. though I can love them as friends). I feel like the hardest part would be getting over some initial humps in communication — although I never had a problem communicating with you– but we were not trying to solve relationship issues between us, haha. That is already difficult even with someone who speaks your language, let alone with someone who might interpret it completely differently. But once that trust was there – if there was love and attraction – I really don’t see why it would matter that much.

But yeah, TiSe’s do tend to be a lot sexier than TiNe’s, not to mention socially savvy 😅 I think you hit the nail on the head when you say we’re cute, Ne is definitely more on the cute side, while Se is sexy and badass!

Hehe yeah, it’s something like that. Hmm. I tell Ivory that he’s cute all the time but other people read him as “cool” and “angelic/pure” and “like a model.” So I guess that’s closer to sexy and badass. But he is still a dorkus 😉 on some level. .. because he’s a homebody, shy, keeps to himself, sharp minded and asocial, etc.  That is probably the appeal of TiSe and why they’re known by many to be the hottest type… they have this sharp mind and retention which makes them hard to get; yet they still have the gloss and ‘cool’ of Beta.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Copyright 2012-2020 | CognitiveType.com
This website's articles, its reading methodology and practices are the intellectual property of J.E. Sandoval.
Animated GIFs, images and videos belong to their respective owners.