Who would you be as a fictional character?
July 13, 2021

Home Forums The General Hall Who would you be as a fictional character?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bella
    Participant
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development:
    • Attitude: Unknown

This is a question for all the types out there..

If you were a fictional character, who would you be and why? 🙂

(It can be from comics, shows, books, movies etc.)

Aaaaand don't forget to also add an image of the character! 😉

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by bella.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by bella.
    Elsie
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Unseelie

herbert west from Re-Animator
    because-green
    x-rated green-goodness
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re-Animator

>:)

Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

God 😀

Specifically Eru Illuvatar

TBerg
    Participant
    • Type: NiFe
    • Development: l---
    • Attitude: Directive

In my life, I desire most of all to devote myself to something or someone.  I thought of Xena’s partner in her voyages, and I thought of the Princess of Swords in Tarot, both of which express my feelings of being guided by someone or something greater for self-improvement.  Not to mention the fact that being led by a warrior is just sexy.  But I also feel like I’m continually encountering challenges to overcome, to become more mature, to realize my true destiny, and to understand Reality.  Thus I willingly sacrifice whatever preconceptions I have, and whatever childish feelings I have, to feel the boasts of someone greater or to encounter that greater being.  This can be my life partner on earth or my father in heaven, both from whom I learn so so much to extend my horizons and meet Providence as it is.

Lapis Lazuli
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:

I suppose my favorite character would be Private Witt from my favorite movie, The Thin Red Line.  It's an epic anti-war christological allegory set on Guadalcanal.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Lapis Lazuli.
    Lapis Lazuli
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:

I just realized I misread the question.  I've never actually thought, "I would like to be this character", while reading/watching any fiction.  The one I mentioned above was just the most interesting and admirable one that came to mind.

bella
    Participant
    • Development:

I'm enjoying the replies so far 🙂

Growing up I often related to Ariel, I think because the underwater felt archetypally corresponding to the experience of my inner world, along with her being a relentless searcher for 'answers' about the world and what's beyond her knowledge and understanding

Hrafn
    Participant
    • Type: SiTe
    • Development: l-ll
    • Attitude: Seelie

So, when I read the prompt for this topic I interpreted it something like, “which fictional character most embodies who you actually are?,” rather than “which fictional character would you like to be?” I thought about it and thought about it, but I have an inside view of my own complexities, so it’s difficult to find any character that actually seems all that similar to me.

There is a minor character in Dostoevsky’s Brothers Karamazov, Pyotr Fomich Kalganov, whose introductory blurb I related a lot to:

He was thoughtful and absent-minded. He was nice-looking, strongly built, and rather tall. There was a strange fixity in his gaze at times. Like all very absent-minded people he would sometimes stare at a person without seeing him. He was silent and rather awkward, but sometimes, when he was alone with any one he became talkative and effusive, and would laugh at anything or nothing. But his animation vanished as quickly as it appeared.

There are a couple more sentences about Kalganov being well-dressed & rich, but that doesn’t really apply to me. And I can't necessarily say that Kalgonov, as a whole character, is someone I particularly relate to. It was mostly just the introductory description--he's really quite a minor character and I don't remember whether his personality actually comes through that much elsewhere in the book.

bella
    Participant
    • Development:

So, when I read the prompt for this topic I interpreted it something like, “which fictional character most embodies who you actually are?,” rather than “which fictional character would you like to be?”

@hrafn
    the former is actually how I meant the question originally 🙂  but people's answers either way are interesting to hear..

Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

the former is actually how I meant the question originally

In that case, I have several answers depending on what dimension we're measuring. 🙂

My Grasping-for-Divinity Self

• Ryūji Morisaki from Studio Ghibli's "Children Who Chase Lost Voices"
    • Muska from Studio Ghibli's "Castle in the Sky"

These two are a bit too villainous for my taste, but the sentiment is the same: they seek the forbidden power. They go to the greatest lengths, and even put aside their goodwill, in order to attain a sort of immortality. I think these characters capture a very primal ambition in me to defy mortality at all costs, and to engrave my existence into eternity by my own hands. The fallen angel Lucifer resonates with me for a similar reason, actually.

My Amused-Absurdist Self

• Merlin as depicted in "Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia"

This character doesn't really have a purpose for existing, and exists as an echo of others - literally feeding on their emotions vicariously (though it doesn't cause others harm). He's beyond time, and yet instantiated in time for what seems like a whim-- because it's enjoyable to be with people and experience their rollercoaster life. He doesn't need to, but he does anyhow.

My Analytical-Perfectionist Self

• Shiroe from Log Horizon
    • L from Death Note
    • Shikamaru from Naruto

These characters are very behind-the-curtains, controlling the playing field while remaining at a distance and not engaging in direct combat. Shiroe is a mage who has no offensive attack power, yet he always wins because he supports his teammates with perfect clarity. L keeps himself completely mysterious to the world, yet solves the most difficult crimes. And Shikamaru is a strategist with a long-range binding technique that immobilizes others and allows him to control their movements.

~

All this is just my main ego characters, nevermind my alter-egos of Ne, Si and Fe which all have their own characters!

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Auburn.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy