Vultology of Movement and Stillness

Home Forums Vultology & Learning Center Vultology of Movement and Stillness

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Supah Protist
    Participant
    • Type: SeTi
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Directive

Are movement and stillness related to extraverted and introverted functions respectively?

Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Yep. Chapter 4.2

Both extraverted processes, Pe and Je, are marked by a proactivity in the body; motion. However, Je delivers motion from an origin of rigidity, while Pe delivers motion from an origin of fluidity. To use an analogy, we can contrast the two forms of motion as follows [ Figure 12.a ]

And I have a somewhat old article about it here:

Introversion & Extroversion

The cognitive activity of introversion is a removal from the object. I think Jung actually defined it this way too, in a broad sense, in places such as an interview where he says:

There are children who are tremendously interested in all moving things, and in movements chiefly. All the things, you see, that affect the body. And so, they are interested what the eyes do, what the ears do, how far you can put into the nose with your finger, you know.

Introversion withdraws energies from the object, and that includes limbs and physical engagement. Hence Ji eyes disengaging down, etc. I made a plot graph for the vultology team a while back roughly detailing the two ways introversion curbs movement:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram