The Perpetual Motions of J-axis and P-axis

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions The Perpetual Motions of J-axis and P-axis

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by Rua.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rua
    • Type: NeTi
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Adaptive
    • J-axis: opposing forces of World [Je] and Individual [Ji].

[Although my basic conception of the J-axis hasn't changed since I first wrote down the dynamic of "World vs Individual" some months ago, the proper wording to illustrate its more detailed "push-pull" dynamic currently eludes me.]
    However, my description of Pi as "incorporating past into present" and of Pe as "incorporating present into future" never sat very well with me, but it's the best I had at the time. Here is, I think, a more compelling alternative below...

• P-axis: the opposing forces of Time-Density (Pe = Presence) and Time-Area (Pi = Predictability).

Pe seeks to condense time into an infinitely dense present in which 'presence' allows each moment of time to be absorbed at its maximum information-density, sacrificing the predictability of a wider past-present-future schema of time to accomplish this.
    Pi seeks to dissolve time into an eternal past-present-future in which 'predictability' is indomitable, sacrificing the immense insights of 'presence' and the 'density' of the present to accomplish this.
    Because the respective endpoints of Pi and Pe are both impossible to attain, their relationship can never be ended by victory through conflict.
    There is an immutable push-pull dynamic between Ji-Je and Pe-Pi that looks like a sort of psychic 'perpetual motion', in that there can be no stable 'end-state' to the system, it is only possible to temporarily occupy points that are more or less adaptive along the axis, and which never cease moving. The most desirable position on the P-axis is not stable or pre-determined: it is the point on the line between predictability and presence which accrues the maximum benefit for the actor (at a given point in time and in response to the current environmental conditions).

• Edit -- J-axis: I would rename the "World vs Individual" dynamic I had written previously to "Space-Area (Expansion) vs Space-Density (Compression)".

Je seeks to expand the individual out into the world infinitely, which could be called a striving for Godhead, or a state in which the individual encompasses the entire world, thereby losing all sense of individuality in a complete expansion into the world.
    Ji seeks to compress the individual away from the world and "into itself", where the ultimate goal is to exist in an Inner World in which the individual encompasses everything, where no outside world is necessary. This arrangement would render the individual a totally ineffective agent in the external world, one who takes up no space at all and can effect zero change.
    Just as in the case of the P-axis, the endpoints of Je and Ji are impossible to achieve, and this sets up another system of 'perpetual motion'.

• Edit 2: It should be stated clearly that what I've laid out above are the Ideals of the Energetics as I see them, the direction they would keep pulling the Self if there was no resistance; but of course there is resistance, and re-reading some sections of the recent "Se Realism, Ne Surrealism & Identity" led me to thinking that the 'dark aspects' of the functions are also natural and commensurate responses to a perception of the Ideal being harmed/thwarted. And this is all without considering the relationship the axes have to each other.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelope