The Lover Archetype *EMOTIONS* Flat Affect

Index Forums Spirituality & Philosophy The Lover Archetype *EMOTIONS* Flat Affect

• Forum Bot
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:
    • Attitude: Unknown

Well, @bera @scientiam this is what those cards meant. They were spot on.

I should mention to those on discord. You are correct for thinking so lowly of me. I have every shadow form of each archetype including one bi-lateral pole, all except the warrior. I imagine that is what you are picking up on when you say the bad energy.

This series was eye-opening and tough to digest, sitting there and being honest with myself. I suggest everyone watch these though because they are that good.

Forum Bot
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:
    • Attitude: Unknown

The temptation the shadow energy brings is that of retribution. “For those to which evil is done, do evil in return.” It sounds awful but often we don’t realize we have given in. In the case of extraverted feeling we can believe that we are doing the right thing and serving a greater good, but if we are in our shadow form, that belief is a delusion. It is almost as if we become delirious under shadow possession. In the shadow form of our archetypes, it seems we forget our Self. We should also be weary the shadow collective unconscious is just as active, if not more active in persuasion then the collective unconscious. Ultimately, “the one you feed” grows and sometimes it isn’t our intention to do this, which is why it is so important to remove ourselves, if we can, from negative situations and people before they have their effect. It is also important to ask for help and to not dwell on things. The matter of shadow integration is not really brought up. What if these archetypes integrate our shadow, occupying the space, can we ever remove them? Is it still in our power to have a change in heart after, well, we know full well that we must have invited this in. ?

GreenCoyote
    Participant
    • Type: SeTi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Extraverted Feeling can be very powerful in setting boundries. As long as you hold your respect and set boundries accordingly i think you can keep the dirty out of the pure

for example, i am pretty sure i am adaptive Fe but i will dig in my heels so to speak when the solution is clear.

Bera
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Seelie

@jay – please detail the part about the reading in a video or in a longer post – maybe on Youtube, where both me and Adrian can see it. I can see some common points between the cards and this video but I would also like to see exactly what you think. 🙂

The Lover seems similar to Se. Passion, vividness, sensual awareness. The joy of life. Maybe Pe in general?

You are correct for thinking so lowly of me. I have every shadow form of each archetype including one bi-lateral pole, all except the warrior.

Jay, you are integrating them ! I will tell you what I think, though I’m not sure if @Auburn thinks the same ? And I have to say this is about integrating functions. I am not sure to what extent archetypes described here correspond to the functions.

I think a conscious function is not necessarily a fully integrated function. It may take time to integrate it…and this might involve a struggle with its shadow side. Maybe this can be correlated to what Jung wrote about alchemy. There are some phases that lead to individuation, a blackening for sure is one of them. But how much is function integration connected to individuation? I mean are we talking about the same process or not? If not, is there some overlapping ?

What if these archetypes integrate our shadow, occupying the space, can we ever remove them?

I believe we don’t have to remove them, we might need to do some potion work with them. I read the example of antidotes being made out of poison in this context. I imagine there is some sort of a transformation going on. So the shadow of an archetype is used in an inner process, combined with other conscious and unconscious content and there are various reactions…that in the end lead to a better integration. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON