Se Persistence Effect with computer strategy games

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions Se Persistence Effect with computer strategy games

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rickus
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: l-l-
    • Attitude: Seelie

As an SeFi type I-I- development, I have noticed that I am mentally overstimulated whenever I play certain computer games. I might play the game for an hour or two. it is a strategy game where I need to construct buildings, collect resources and acquire troops and myth units. Yet whenever I play this for an excessive amount of time, the sensory projection of the game will remain in my mind. I think it may have something to do with my frontal lobe perhaps.
    I will vividly recall the sounds made by various speakers, the music being played and the terrain with all of the characters upon it. However what my mind will do is multiply the amount of soldiers and myth units (for example a phoenix or a cyclops) to such an extent that they will be found streaming out of the shadows excessively. Its like the whole terrain will be swarming with these computer generated units in my brain and I find it almost impossible to turn off. It is only when I am able to fall asleep and wake up the next day that I find relief.
    I definitely think i am experiencing the Se persistence effect. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a possible solution to my problem? Should I perhaps limit the time spent playing the game?

Elsie
    Participant
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Unseelie
    Rickus
    Participant
    • Development: l-l-
    • Attitude: Seelie

Dear Elsie
    Yes Tetris effect is the correct term, those images, especially highly detailed moving images and repetitive sounds stay with in the hours after I've played the game.
    Thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram