Se. misconceptions and truths

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions Se. misconceptions and truths

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GreenCoyote
    Participant
    • Type: SeTi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Adaptive

I know all types are different but i have always heard Se associated with risks and being able to accomplish physical challenges.
    I go through phases where im extreamly clutsy and im actually very catious about risks.
    I’m not sure i see being an athlete or skateboarding in my future. I guess i can navigate a car decently if it is good quality but i hate driving. Traffic is a pain!!! Ha ha.
    Anyone have any unordinary expressions of Se they would like to share thats not bungie jumping or rock climbing?

EpicEntity
    Participant
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Directive

I would say Ni merges things together to gain a wider perspective.
    I would say Se bashes things together to see what happens for granular application.

EpicEntity
    Participant

Every time you climb a mountain you can do it with better grip. Every time you turn on a skateboard you are closer to being able drift your wheels. Every time you defend a client in court you are closer to being able to bait the prosecutor into doing something stupid.
    PS: The more time I spent with an Si dom supervisor telling me little things about everything every second the more I am able to try things with lesser chances of mishap. 20 Si warnings turn into 1 Se rule of thumb.

Alice
    Participant
    • Type: FiSe
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Unseelie

Se might not always have to do with extreme sports or adrenaline filled experiences. It sometimes has to do with seeking out new experiences, interesting stuff, getting what you want immediately, or mixing things up a little for yourself or others. Your experience of not liking driving because you don't like traffic is a pretty good example of this. Se may manifest in a lack of patience, or is maybe better understood as a desire to get moving.
    My Se manifests in some more restful ways. It allows me to fully embody myself and be Present during meditation or just while I'm walking down the street. I literally notice a higher resolution in sights, sounds, and all my senses when I consciously switch gears. It allows me to take in the vibrant colors of everything around me, and it's really fun to practice going in and out. I accidentally practiced getting into an Se mindset in order to better do photography back before I knew what CT was. It allows me to be fully in my environment and get the most possible out of every single experience.
    It has also manifested in me in various addictions, some of which make a lot of sense for Se users, like smoking, Adderall (amphetamine) abuse, and drinking a little too much. These make sense because they lower your inhibitions, which Se almost always wants to do away with. I've also had some addictions which made a little less sense for Se users, like prescription painkillers (Vicodin) and shitty at-home dissociatives and semi-psychadelics (homemade LSA, Benadryl, and cough syrup abuse). Those experiences were certainly fewer and far between though, and only took place in deep depressions when I probably wanted to stir things up. I was also a teenager and just trying various shit out, which is a pretty Se thing to do.
    Se also aided me in kicking those various habits though, which might be a pretty atypical manifestation. Learning how to use it consciously and with intention allowed me to control my impulses, and I quit smoking, abusing Adderall, and getting hammered too often by really tapping into the straight up wonder and beauty of the world around me!

Paul
    Participant
    • Type: TeNi
    • Development: l-l-
    • Attitude: Unseelie

I'm the Charlie Sheen shade, so for me it's all about the hookers and cocaine.
    Se is my tertiary (but conscious) so I don't have as good a grasp on it I suppose, but for me it manifests as a sort of 'seeking'. I like to seek out new places, try new things. I enjoy good food a little too much, I like to drive fast cars (or I did at least - I've slowed down a bit now I have kids) and, when I had the time prior to aforementioned sprogs, I used to enjoy working out, learning martial arts, etc.
    Even though my Se is apparently more conscious than my Ni, I spent an ungodly amount of time in my head. Quite often it was far too easy to lose myself. Se is my gateway into the present moment - the tool which centres me and forces me to connect with my meat chariot. Which, I might add, is critically important to my mental health... sadly I realised that a bit too late in life, but meh.

EpicEntity
    Participant

An Se dom posting in an Se thread with NO LIKES... I'll get over it... well it that makes me go back to what I was wondering about a few days ago being an SeTi -I-I with unconscious Se. My Se dominate status could just be a lose indicator that I use Ti + Ni and sometimes Fe + Se in naively explorative(Pe) ways as opposed to ways that are executive (Je), directive(Ji), or narrative(Pi). I have to remember that I'm truly Ni dominated and Pe lead. PS: I just realized I might have caught on to a misconception for Se and all primary slots.

GreenCoyote
    Participant
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Here is a video I made (videos are much easier for me) on this topic. I got to articulate some thoughts that are more difficult to produce in writing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram