Rainy Days, Inferior Si and Coping

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions Rainy Days, Inferior Si and Coping

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SierraTangoWhiskey
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Seelie

It’s raining.
    Not torrentially, but that continuous gray drizzle.
    I know exactly what it does to me. And even though I know how this weather plays with my mind I can’t seem to outmaneuver the effects.
    I’ve noticed that days like this tend to put me in somewhat of a nostalgic mood. And not the pleasant, remember the good ole days variety, but the mulling over of past regrets, missed opportunities and dumb mistakes.
    I get that  everyone probably experiences this to some degree but I’ve notice an interesting correlation.  For me at least.
    One day whilst I was in one of these funks I decided to distract myself by taking a personality test.  The test turned out ISTJ.
    (I’ve found that personality testing varies for me based on my mood, the test in particular, and the style of the test — all reasons why I love what you are doing here at CT.)
    Nevertheless, that gets me thinking.
    Could the low energy state that I experience during these rainy days be shifting my focus more toward Si (I am Ne dominant according to CT.)?
    Perhaps I do have baggage to deal with in my past.
    But have any of you experienced a similar shift in focus under certain triggers?  Like rain triggers me?
    That said: let’s say that I am reveling in my inferior Si.  What I feel is a deep attachment to those past memories as well as a fixation on resolving them.  I feel defined by those events.
    My current coping skill is pretty much to accept the past as the past, wallow in my nostalgia for the day, and to wait for a sunny day to turn my optimism back on (glad I don’t live in Seattle!)
    To any Si dominants our there.  Do you feel a need to resolve the past or perhaps to integrate it with your present?  How do you make peace with your past?
    I could be totally misapplying the psychology here, but I’m interested in your thoughts.

SierraTangoWhiskey
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: ll-l

I guess my core questions here are...
    Does environment or energy affect what function you experience?
    How would a dominant Si manage this experience better than an inferior Si?

Bera
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: ll--

Hey, @swiemer1 !
    Your question is interesting.
    I am not an Si user, but the weather affects my mood too. I can imagine how it could possibly bring an Si user in Si mode, as the rain creates a natural feeling of nostalgia and it also keeps you inside and maybe less active than usual, which can lead you to reflect more/remember past events.
    We are linking Pe to enthusiasm and optimism/opportunism and Pi to cautiousness and even pessimism. Hence, at least in my opinion, there will be some emotional tendencies high Pe users and high Pi users will have as default, all other factors being equal.
    But at the same time, the environment and different occasions in which we find ourselves, as well as the accompanying moods call up different functions more than others. Like when we are talking to our boss about a promotion we might try to use more Je, whereas when we are hanging out with friends in a bar we might go all Pe.
    And then when it's raining and you are home under a blanket, holding a nice book and a cup of tea, Si could come out easier. <3

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram