Publication: Occupational Differences Across Vultological Types

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions Publication: Occupational Differences Across Vultological Types

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Hello guys,

Today I'm happy to share with you a new paper -- regarding Occupations and Vultology -- which is a far more refined study than the one performed in 2017. A big thanks to @bella for helping me put this together. As with the other recent papers, it's published online at nemvus.com. This completes five studies now, performed on CT. And this one is quite special because it gives us a look at some unexpected trends which I'd love to get into in the posts to follow:

Abstract: Preliminary data obtained from 471 vultologically classified public figures, using the CTVC3, is compared against occupational data, to measure the probability of a given occupation occurring alongside a given vultology, relative to the average frequency. The results show significant occupational leanings in each of the four energetic categories, as well as the eight sub-categories tested. A follow-up study with a greater sample size is proposed as a way to reliably calculate the probabilities of each occupation and vultology conjunction in the general population.

Permalink: Click Here

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Auburn.
    Auburn
    Keymaster

Methodology Notes

Most of the important notes are in the study, but a few other things worth mentioning would be:

• The majority of our community volunteers were removed from the study because of unknown career/occupation information. We haven't been gathering that sort of data from people. I may try to see if something could be done about this in the future, where maybe an optional survey is given to volunteers, for statistical purposes.
    • The term "Occupation" was chosen deliberately, as opposed to "job" or "career", because not all occupations are paid jobs or official payroll positions. For example, an occupation as a youtuber or Content Creator is normally a form of freelance, but it defines an occupation that is real and existent for many people. Likewise, being a mystic (or a mystical/esoteric leader) is not a typical "job" but it defines a lifestyle and is indeed an occupation.
    • Because of the above point, some people's occupations were written down based on "common sense" of this sort, when applicable, but the majority of celebrities were given occupations based on their online information (i.e. their Wikipedia page).

I understand this is not ideal, and there might be some error margin in this method of collecting occupation data, but I tried to apply as much consistency as I could with this my method without betraying common sense. If you guys have questions about a given statistic, you can look at the raw excel data in the article above, which lists what occupations were given to each celebrity. 🙂

Auburn
    Keymaster

Now for the fun part, here are the graphs of the types!

I used Bayesian inference for these, which shows you P(A|B).  So, the way to read these graphs is by noting that they represent the probability (%) of being said type, given said occupation.

Energetics

Je

^ So for example, if a person has a career in Journalism (which includes Journalism, News Anchors, News Writers) they are 84% likely to be Je-lead. And so on for the rest of the numbers.

Notice how well represented Je types are among Communicators, Lawyers and Politicians! Followed by TV Hosts, Coaches and Leadership. This data supports what is said in the Je behavioral profile, but does so in a much more precise manner.

Pe

^ As we can see, Pe-leads seem most highly represented as Content Creators, with a 59% probability of a Pe-lead being one. So, about that - technically everything is "content", so the category of Content Creator specifically refers to people like youtubers that make entertainment content on the daily or weekly, typically about miscellaneous things that happened to them or things they find interesting. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

The next biggest category for Pe-leads is music, with loads of them being singers, singer-songwriters, instrumentalists of all sorts, etc. All of these are grouped under "Music" as their occupation.

Pi

^ Here we see Pi-leads which have a ridiculous representation in Mysticism, which includes things like being an guru, an astrologer or an occultist by trade. The second most prominent statistic for them is Philosophy, which means there's a 47% likelihood of being a philosopher, if you're a Pi-lead. Psychology is also highly represented.

Ji

^ And for Ji-leads we see a bit of an odd situation. The highest representation is in Dance, Beauty, Music, Art and also Founding. This shows that Ji-leads are very aesthetically-minded. "Founding" in this case refers to the creation of one's own ventures. I have to note that a founder is not the same thing as a CEO or President/Leader. The founder is the one who founds the venture, not necessarily the one who manages its logistics or administrative duties. So for example, one can found a company, a charity, etc -- but not be its primary manager or businessman/woman. That job may be given to someone else.

It seems that Ji-leads like to start their own initiatives, which speaks to a level of independent-mindedness and idealistic vision, but they're also lowly represented in Business and Leadership, which is quite funny to me.

As a sidenote, take a look at the bars here for Ji; aside from the first figure, they're all rather low compared to Je. The Je graph has 30%+ representation in about 24 occupations, while the Ji graph has representation above 30% in only two. This shows that Ji leads are generally less represented in occupations overall. Go figure. And the only occupations we like to do are aesthetics and idealism related, heh!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Auburn.
    Auburn
    Keymaster

As for the specific functions, by those with the process as lead, we get:

Functions

Fe

^ Parsing out Je into Te and Fe makes a difference. Here Fe-leads are most highly represent as Coaches, while Journalism is not that high. Journalism is mostly Te, as you'll see below.

Aside from Coaching we see a focus on athletics, leadership and health - which sounds about right. Athletics and coaching often go together with Fe-leads, and health too. They tend to focus on leveling up the body and mind, more than one's career or financial situation - although they do both.

Te

^ Now we see that, when parsed apart, most of the Journalism sits with Te (as news anchors, etc). The Law and Politics also sits with them. This is important as a proof of the veracity of the Candid vs Measured signals. There's been some discussion in Discord about whether the T/F divide is "real", and so what i'd say is that if vultological classification by Candid versus Measured is able to produce these meaningful distinctions in occupation like these, it's a great support that the category is real.

Fi

^ Next we see Fi-leads, highly represented as Dancers. Now, I don't doubt this statistic overall but it might be a bit exaggerated due to the low sample size of Fi's and Ji's in general. Still, we see dance, art, beauty and music -- followed by mysticism. Most of the mysticism goes to Pi but here we see Fi-leads tending to be mystics by trade at times as well. So, artists or mystics of some variety.

Ti

^ Here we see relatively low figures overall. The highest figure is only 20%, and it gets lower from there. Ti-leads seem to have the least representation of occupations, of all the types. But what we do see partly mirrors Fi-leads, except that Founding and Philosophy are more highly rated than Beauty and Mysticism.

Ni

^ And speaking of Mysticism, we see here that it's mostly Ni-leads that have it, among the Pi-leads, when we parse things apart. Philosophy and Psychology are also strongly present in Ni-leads. In Si-leads we see more of:

Si

^ Leadership, Religious Leadership, and Politics. It seems Si-leads do well in positions of authority within the established channels of society, while Ni-leads do well in positions of authority in more occult channels of society. But both of them seem quite competent and leader-like.

Se

^ Here we parse out Pe and find that Se has a bigger slice of the musicians, followed by athletes. I was also surprised to see business, beauty and art production listed as well. This suggests Se-leads have some managerial capacities too, although they're of secondary prominence.

Ne

^ And the final chart is of Ne, which has the bigger chunk of the Content Creators, followed by Comedy. And might I say, often the two go together. Ne-leads tend to be content creators and comedians at the same time. 🙂 While Se-leads tend to be musicians and aesthetes with some business abilities.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelope