Multi-Timestamp Support for Codifier

Home Forums Vultology & Learning Center Multi-Timestamp Support for Codifier

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Hi guys!
    This is another key update to the codifier, moving to version 2.1 - now visible at: https://cognitivetype.com/codifier/
    The major changes to this version include:

1. Multiple Timestamp Support

^ As you can see above, multiple timestamps now appear for the same signal. In this version, every time a signal's name is pressed it will add a timestamp to the text-area.
    This turns out to be so necessary for proper research. Previously if all 5 Je signals were checked and all 5 Pe signals were checked --- but the person showed those Pe signals several times more often than the Je signals -- the calculator could only give the same output regardless. In other words, it was not accounting for the "frequency" of signals, only their visibility or absence in Yes/No fashion.
    But adding a counter for individual instances is very important, as it allows us to properly see not just what signals show up, but how often-- which allows for better weighting of signals and estimations of type.
    CAP:
    You'll notice that every time you click on the same signal it'll increase the function's percentage gradually, up to five instances. Five is the current "cap" I have in place to max out a signal. After 5, the program basically says "Okay I got it." This is important too because if a person happens to show just one Je signal, but shows it thirty times -- that still shouldn't qualify them as Je-lead. The other four signals also have to be represented in some fashion. So the percentage of Je can't rise all the way up from just one signal, the others are necessary too.
    Since the codifier allows 5 instances, and there are 5 energetic signals, it leads to a max total of 25 instances per energetic category. Which brings me to the next feature:

2. Development Level / Modulation Calculator

Below the type probability bars you'll now see a "Modulation" section, showing Je, Ji, Pe, Pi with their own percentages. Ideally, this should output a person's development levels (levels of function consciousness) naturally based off the tally scores of the energetic signals. In actuality it can only measure the level of function modulation presented in this video, which may or may not be the absolute reality of their overall development. Hence why it's called "Modulation" here. People can vary in their modulation in different videos. Therefore, to properly identify someone's full developmental range it often takes looking at multiple videos.
    So, as for how this works... there is a threshold in place here, currently at 48%, at which point the bar changes color from blue to red. If a bar changes color this way it insinuates that the function is at "conscious levels," vultologically speaking.
    Although I don't entirely know if 48% is the right place to put the threshold, this system finally allows us to have a standardized way to measure development levels, rather than having to guess.
    Only for 4-5 minutes
    This can still be misused, however. For example a long enough video of anyone will eventually show enough signals to fill all the bars. So this codifier is calculating type based on what we would expect to see from a 4-5 minute video. A 15 minute video of someone might produce twice as many signals.
    Gradients of Consciousness
    There's also another very exciting side-effect to this! As you guys have known, the designation of functions as "conscious" and "unconscious" has been, from the start, a sort of necessary simplification. In reality, people's functions don't switch from off to on, but instead they exist in a gradient of consciousness. And so we now have the first ability to peek into what that gradient is!
    For example, if a person feels that their function (Pi) is not entirely unconscious, we can check now more or less what that is -- and whether it's at 0%, 30%, or indeed 50%+. I think this can also help validate what a lot of members have sensed, which is that they do have degrees of consciousness to their other functions, despite not meeting the "threshold." And now we can look at those levels more closely. I hope this also has utility from a psychoanalytical angle. I also have in mind to write a thread about what we've seen so far, in terms of what this visual gradient translates to in terms of psychological difference.
    For example, if a function is represented visually between 20%-45%, is there a psychological description that could also describe this intermediate area, as opposed to a function at 0%-10% visibility? I hope this also opens up some discussions.

3. CSV Exports

^ Lastly, the buttons have been consolidated into an "Export As..." dropdown, which now includes a .CSV option which can be opened in Excel. No more manual grinding through signals after a quiz! This will also be imperative for moving forward towards more verifiability and a scientific organization of the data.
    For those of you who work with these sorts of data points ( @ladynerdsky @supahprotist @staas @fayest42 ) feel free to let me know if there's a row/column format that would be more suited to your needs, or if this is okay? 🙂 Thanks guys!
    P.S. There are four open slots next to the Modulation section, that I am hoping to use for outputting useful statistics, but I don't know which ones would be most useful. For example maybe something of a "confidence" metric? Or how far away the top and second-place type estimate are from each other? (i.e. margin of error). Let me know if you have any thoughts on this too!

Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Oh I forgot to say...

Simple Codifier

For those who still prefer the previous version, it still exists as: https://cognitivetype.com/simple-codifier/
    I'm calling it the "simple" codifier... because as you'll soon find out when you use this new codifier, it has a 5x increase in resolution, but this level of rigor is also quite intense.
    The simple codifier remains a YES/NO signal calculator, and easier to use, but the level of accuracy will be lower. Still, I think it's important that we can choose how much accuracy/time we want to invest -- so long as the tradeoff is understood.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram