Link between memory and cognitive functions

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions Link between memory and cognitive functions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rickus
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: l-l-
    • Attitude: Seelie

I am not sure if this is related to cognitive functions or simply to biological memory, but I have noticed I have a really good memory for peculiar things that happened in the past, much more than most people around me. Like the phrases a certain person would say, so much so that they wouldn't even remember it but I would remember it just by being in their presence. Or I will notice changes in the environment if I haven't been there for a long time. I am very aware of how the natural environment differs from location to location. I also have a very vivid recall of dreams I had, even as a 5 year old child (not all of them, but the ones that stood out).
    As an SeFi type (according to visual typing) is there any correlation between my memory and Se or Ni? Or is it purely based on genetics? Ironic since my family members can't remember half of what I remembered.

Ninth
    Participant
    • Type: TiSe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Directive

IDK if there's a correlation with the CF either, but (especially) this applies to me too:

I have a really good memory for peculiar things that happened in the past, much more than most people around me. Like the phrases a certain person would say, so much so that they wouldn’t even remember it but I would remember it just by being in their presence. Or I will notice changes in the environment if I haven’t been there for a long time. I am very aware of how the natural environment differs from location to location. I also have a very vivid recall of dreams I had, even as a 5 year old child (not all of them, but the ones that stood out).

When I remember things other said, I could almost repeat them word-by-word; the memory is full of visual details regarding the surroundings, outfits, hairstyles and such. I'm not good at keeping track of time in a conventional way; you'll most probably hear me say things like «three days after the day you were wearing green socks; remember?». My mother said, a few days ago, that «you've always had clear memories from your early childhood».

Hmm. If I'm to say what's peculiar about my memory, aside from it being good or bad, it's in the detail. This is more clearly linked to perception, I guess, so I'll clarify.
    The green socks example was one. I can miss obvious things or a complex of things and will, instead, focus on that single thing that stood out to me. Many times I've confused one face for another because I was looking for details (usually: beauty marks). And, believe me, usually it's a total fiasco; like the faces were totally different shapes!
    Aside from the striking details, it's like I mentally simplify the rest of the image to an extreme (I've actually said: «it looks like faces keep being cloned. yours is strangely... yours»). I'll make examples: in my middle-school years, I was the only one that noticed that, during the break, my teacher had changed her sweatshirt (they were both wholly the same color, except the borders); in my high-school years, everyone noticed my bestie had gained 5kg while I was totally oblivious to that.

Rickus
    Participant

Haha this is really fascinating to me
    I guess you could say as Se users, you and I will remember sensory details that were particulary striking or vibrant to us, whether a concrete experience or even a dream, which is also a sensory mental experience. But we won't notice details outside our focus. Its almost like a camera that sharpens the foreground but blurs the background I guess.

fayest42
    Participant
    • Type: FiNe
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Unseelie

I don't know how much overlap there may or may not be between CT and the work of Dario Nardi, but inasmuch as it is relevant, I do remember reading that Dario Nardi found in his studies using EEGs that people with high-Se were particularly good at remembering "details in context." When he showed people an illustration or video of a dramatic scene and then asked them to recall the details 15 minutes later, the high-Se types did best. On the other hand, high-Si types seemed to have the best memory for things out of context like memorizing a list of random words.

Rickus
    Participant

Wow okay. That could explain why I have a vivid recall of my dreams and I am also able to pick up particular dance moves quickly as well. I do remember random words too, but I think I can also recall certain lines from movies I like as well, especially epic lines. Not sure if Se is related to photographic memory, but it may be possible. However I must say I'm not good at remembering mundane details like whether I brushed my teeth a few seconds ago or where I left my keys, I can be really inattentive to repetitive details.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram