How to Add Videos to Database

Home Page Forums Official & Introductions How to Add Videos to Database

• Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Hi! πŸ™‚

I know there’s been requests to expand the samples database, and also willing participants, so I’m finally getting around to making a tutorial on how to do that. Here it is!

Edit: One detailed I missed out. If you use Movie Maker, when doing “clean up” of the interviewer (etc), cut one second or so into the usable footage when making vid splits. Movie Maker is imprecise on where the cuts end up being once the file is exported and sometimes a few frames of the interviewer will sneak into the final file while they weren’t in the preview. You can give the video a watch-over after exporting to make sure it’s all clear. πŸ™‚

The guidelines (found in the video) are:

DATABASE FORMATTING CHECKLIST

• – Must be 2:00-2:30 minutes (preferably closer to 2:30)
    • – Must include the subject in every frame
    • – Must be framed at waist-up, showing the arms (for a fair portion of time)
    • – Must have good video quality and sound quality

Optional:

• – Ideally, would be in an interview format (but no interviewer on frame)
      • – no speeches/TED talks
    • – No physical constraints:
      • – such as speaking into a fixed position microphone.
      • – holding objects in their hands, constraining gesticulation.

Let me know if this seems clear, and/or if there’s need for any more clarity.

Please note that I may not end up using the videos that are sent (no hard feelings!) in the database, for a variety of reasons, but I’ll most likely try to type them, and add them if I can. The short-term goal is to hit 1,000 samples in the database. And the more those samples can be decentralized in where they come from (i.e. requested by others, from a variety of interests/domains) the better.

Big thanks to anyone who wants to send over videos~!Β 

my email to send them to is:

EDIT:

Here’s an open list of samples pending addition:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yz7idYnQSEXehmn9mGbU8ZHKO8p41qlapESo78U7MAA/edit?usp=sharing

See post below for more details.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Auburn.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Auburn.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Auburn.
    Alice
    Participant
    • Type: FiSe
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Unseelie

Very very cool, thank you!!

Auburn
    Keymaster

Pending Addition List

Oh! I’ve also made an Excel spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yz7idYnQSEXehmn9mGbU8ZHKO8p41qlapESo78U7MAA/edit?usp=sharing

…where I want us to gather up all the pending samples, from either the soft readings threads, discord conversations, or anywhere else. This will be a document others can collaboratively edit. To add someone to the pending list, right click anywhere in the table:

^ And hit “Insert Row” like so. Then fill out the row’s details. And lastly, sign off on it like so:

Access?

Since I don’t want to allow spammers to get to this sheet, I have to allow people access by specifying gmail addresses. So if you’d like Editing permissions to add samples to this list, reply to this thread saying “I’d like to add“, or something like that. I’ll use your forum email as the address to use, but if it’s something else, PM me with the right email. πŸ™‚

Some Guidelines:

• Of course, please don’t delete anyone else’s rows. I may make edits to the list if it gets wild, but otherwise I’ll let you guys bring up samples here.
    • Please try to bring samples that have already been talked about in the community, ideally with feedback from experienced readers.
    • Fresh newcomers to CT, who for example haven’t participated in a vultology quiz, or gotten high consensus, may not be added to the editing list yet.

OK! that’s it! here we go!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Auburn.
    Alice
    Participant
    • Type: FiSe

Hi! I’d love editing privileges πŸ™‚ thanks!

Auburn
    Keymaster

Access granted!

Looking forward to what you’ll add!

LadyNerdsky
    Participant
    • Type: FiNe
    • Development: ll-l

Sounds great. I’d like editing privileges please.

Elisa Day
    Participant
    • Type: TiSe

Would love privileges for this project, I have so many lovely samples Β lined up πŸ˜€

Auburn
    Keymaster

Current Status:

As of now the list is already at 83, from importing the Soft Readings I-V, and a few others. But I know there’s way more.

I’ve set myself a goal to have this hit at least 400 in the next month or so. Once it hits 400, I’ll buckle down and convert those ~400 into database samples, hitting the 1,000 clean samples mark.

(This also makes it the perfect time to bring up new samples. Gimmy ur samples, I wannemall.)

fayest42
    Participant
    • Type: FiNe

I’d like editing privileges, please πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Β© Copyright 2012-2020 | CognitiveType.com
This website's articles, its reading methodology and practices are the intellectual property of J.E. Sandoval.
Animated GIFs, images and videos belong to their respective owners.