How Introspective Are You?

Index Forums General Psychology How Introspective Are You?

• Supah Protist
    Participant
    • Type: SeTi
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Directive

I’m still trying to understand my own introspective tendencies and was curious to see how introspective tendencies correlate with type.

I’m an SeTi and I personally consider myself very introspective. I spend most of my free time trying to better understand myself. I’d say it’s my primary activity. I wouldn’t describe it as a passion though, it’s more of a persistent pattern of thought. It’s also an active pursuit, I consciously engage in the process. As far as I can tell, my engagement with CT isn’t in order to better understand other people, or improve my relationships or my work, or to to better understand the universe, its solely to augment my own self knowledge.

What role does introspection play in your life? Is it your primary activity, or a means to an end? Do you enjoy it, dislike it, or are you neutral about it? Is it an active or passive phenomenon for you? Why are you interested in your type? Why do you personally pursue self knowledge?

Thanks

Celeste
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Unseelie

What role does introspection play in your life?

Introspection plays a gigantic role in my life. I like to discover things about myself and refine what I already know, I always try to pursue new possibilities to see how do they affect me personally and also because I think it’s important to have an “established personality” so you can tell yourself apart from others and have a clear sense of identity.

Is it your primary activity, or a means to an end?

Both. Means to an end ’cause it helps me to navigate life easier, after all through introspection I get to know myself thus if I ever approach a situation for the first time I can be sure of what I want since my values are established and I’m sure of what I think it’s the right thing to do.

Do you enjoy it, dislike it, or are you neutral about it?

It’s pretty clear that I enjoy it in an almost unconscious level. I also can’t really see how someone might not enjoy not knowing who they are unless they might have dark tendencies that they prefer not to touch upon on or let them remain hidden, but that’s just me guessing.

PS: Enneagram probably plays a big role in all this since I’m a 5w4 and (from what I’ve read) 4s basic desire is to create an identity.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Celeste.
    Tea
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Seelie

Can we qualify the kinds of introspection we do? For example, I don’t tend to group the thematic elements of my thoughts, though I see Jelle does. My introspection is more Pi narrative based. I also don’t monitor my behavior as much as I do my intentions.

Animal
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Unseelie

Beyond introspective. I have rarely encountered anyone who has an inner world as vast and extensive as mine, at least, to my knowledge. My inner world is far more interesting, intense and meaningful to me than most of what I have discovered in the world outside.  I feel my life’s purpose is to channel the spirit of my home planet through my art and mindset.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Animal.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON