Gwen Stefani ESFP I-I- with developed Te, initially seemed like Je dominant.

Home Page Forums Vultology & Learning Center Gwen Stefani ESFP I-I- with developed Te, initially seemed like Je dominant.

• Rickus
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: l-l-
    • Attitude: Seelie

I recently tried to type Gwen Stefani

I initially thought she might be a Je lead, possibly TeNi because I saw hypnotic eyes for Ni, as well as a lot of strong Je/Te hand gestures, but the more I watched her interview the stronger her Pe signals became, she had a lot of bubbling momentum and seemed to sway her body around quite vehemently, overshadowing the Je signals. I therefore believe that she is an SeFi I-I- and her Te development is quite strong. I also see the Fi unbridled radiation, giddy giggles and perhaps a somewhat nasally, sprite-like voice.

blank boy
    Participant
    • Type: NeTi
    • Development: l---
    • Attitude: Adaptive

She seems a bit too rigid to be a P-lead. I would say she’s got developed Pe, but her gestures are too angular, and her shoulders keep “remembering” where they came from. She looks like a J-lead to me.

Rickus
    Participant

Dear blank boy

Good point. I first impression of her was actually Je lead, I think I had a bias towards her being Pe because I guess its the persona she puts on in her music. I need to separate her persona from how she is when she is being herself. Okay cool beans.

Rickus
    Participant

I am actually unsure if she is more Fe-Ni or Te-Ni, because I watched in another video, she has a zygomantic smile. I think despite the somewhat nasally voice, I don’t know I feel like her feelings are quite externalized, unless for some reason she is Te-Ni with a seelie development. i don’t know, still investigating haha.

Rickus
    Participant

Here is another video, I definitely see her as a Je dominant type, I initially thought she may be a Te-Ni, but I don’t know something feels off for me, she really doesn’t have that Te metabolism to her, the only Te signal I see is the taut square cheeks, but thats all, otherwise in terms of Fe she does seem to show more adaptive emulation, perhaps a warm head shake here and there, and she seems very confident and poised in how she presents herself, which may be indicative of a Beta type. Her energy seems softer almost, I am guessing she might be Fe-Ni, its just difficult for me to see it, as I haven’t seen Fe as commonly in people I’ve typed so far.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Rickus.
    Wolf00
    Participant
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Unseelie

1:08

^eye centric

She also has the high Ji princess energy and a lot of bubbliness, as shown below:

She does show gravity effect and Fi smile + plateau velocity etc, so she’s gamma.

Seelie SeFi I-I- seems right.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Wolf00.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Wolf00.
    Rickus
    Participant

Yes that was my first impression of her too actually, guess i got sidetracked by the comment from fayest. Her developed Je explains the confusion. She has the same type as me it seems. I’ve always felt like I related to her music actually. She is mistyped as NeFi in the mbti community, similar to me. But yes the SeFi is obviously the correct type. Haha this is so much fun.

safsom
    Participant
    • Type: NiTe
    • Development: ll-l

I am not here to comment on the typing, but rather the nomenclature used for them. In particular, I would refrain from referring to any CT typing through an MBTI four-letter code.

The four-letter codes have grown to be largely associated with the Keirsey portraits of each type; which differ rather drastically from the observations we can make based off of those typed in this system. When you use the terminology “ESFP”, you introduce a lot of Keirseyan/MBTI blog baggage (especially to newer members who may not be as familiar with the specifics and idiosyncracies of CT), thus skewing their perception of the type.

Though SeFi as a notation has baggage too (and why I have suggested a transition from Jungian notation), the baggage in this case is comparatively much less, and it is far less confusing in meaning than “ESFP” for members of the forum, especially new members. Thus, I would prefer future posts to use the official notation.

Rickus
    Participant

Dear safsom

I see your point, but when did I mention the term ESFP? I briefly stated that in the past I simply observed that according to mbti, Gwen Stefani is an NeFi (or ENFP, which seems to bother you). I used to rely on this typing system myself, and was also mistyped by it. I am well aware that the two systems are different but there are definitely basic structural similarities. However with mbti it has no evidence to prove itself since it does not look at vultological signals.

I simply stated something I saw there to prove that it was inaccurate.  Ever since I have done the visual typing test on this website I have preferred the nomenclature used here. I did not imply any sort of baggage and I think you may have misunderstood the bottom line of what I was trying to say. I hope this makes more sense to you.

Rickus
    Participant

safsom
    Participant
    • Type: NiTe
    • Development: ll-l

Here is where you used the nomenclature. It’s not only on this thread, but several others that I have observed this. I am aware that you were not attempting to introduce Keirseyan baggage into your analysis, but you have to understand the four-letter codes have been used to the point where even without the intention of using them to represent the Keirsey portraits, to an average observer, they will.

I am well aware that the two systems are different but there are definitely basic structural similarities.

The important part here is structural similarities. The similarities don’t really extend beyond that; CT’s definitions (due to more empirical observation / re-working) diverge from Jung’s original definitions, the definitions of Socionics, shitty MBTI blogs, etc… quite significantly. The nature of each function is different. One can be “ENFP” in MBTI and “SeFi” here, because the definitions of Ne in MBTI and broadly Pe as an energetic here have great overlaps, possibly more than definitions of MBTI Se and CT Se.

However with mbti it has no evidence to prove itself since it does not look at vultological signals.

This would be more accurately phrased as “it is difficult to type people in MBTI because there aren’t any directly observable heuristic cues”. Neither system has really “proved itself” empirically as being representative of any meaningful psychological constructs, adherents of both systems can basically just point to inductively sourced anecdotes and patterns (and with CT, signals, which are another form of inductively sourced patterns) as evidence for their claims. The abstract structures that describe cognition with each system are thus far only implied. So neither system really has any evidence to “prove itself” empirically, but it is easier to take a directly observable approach to typing with CT (because the hypothesis centers around visual typing).

Rickus
    Participant

Dear Safsom

Alright then I apologize for this, I will not mention MBTI in my future posts.

Have a nice day

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.