Finishing Model 1 & Timeline Update

Home Forums Official & Introductions Finishing Model 1 & Timeline Update

• Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Hi all,

As you all know I’ve been doing a lot of writing lately, as tends to happen when my mind is in a deep mode of inspiration. But I also tend to lose some perspective when that happens, so I took a few days to process all the new developments I’ve been sharing. After literally pacing around for hours and days, drawing graphs and measuring pros and cons, I realized that Model 1 has to be completed first, and it has to be used in its completed form for a while, before moving forward to Model 2.

The standardization of CT has been in-process for a while now, and it should solidify before upending itself. In classic Reviser fashion, I tend to be very eager to move onto the next frontier, but I have to try to exercise my Si on this one. There is still a lot of work to be done, and unanswered questions that need to be addressed. We’ll get to Model 2 eventually, but there is still unfinished business Model 1 has to do. So I’m going to outline the timeline for the short-term future, and the long term future.

Model 1

Goals:

• To investigate whether facial expressions, voice tone & body mannerisms self-organize around any view of Jungian typology.
    • If so, then create an empirical method to verify a person’s type and refine that method through a feedback loop with samples.
    • Through this feedback loop, find what the natural boundaries are to types, both visually and psychologically, and quantify these boundaries.
    • After doing so, write profiles that describe these boundaries using data, and move the field of typology away from prototypical or stereotypical personality scaffolds.

Endgame: To overtake the broader typology community as the more empirically salient, but also psychologically compelling description of type. To illuminate humanity as to the nature of their being, and bring this knowledge into the hands of practitioners and psychologists through a certification program.

Model 2

Goals:

• Develop a way to independently verify/falsify the hypotheses of Model 1 through clear scientific methodologies.
    • Gather clean data in person, from non-celebrities, via interviews with standardized camera setups.
    • Develop a computational architecture that can model consciousness, as described by CT, and see it if runs successfully.
    • Develop a lexicon to describe the visual phenomenon being tracked, that is non-contingent on Jung or any previous practitioners.
    • Make it possible for other lab groups to reproduce, and thus falsify or verify, the conclusions herein.
    • Develop behavioral profiles based entirely on statistical data gathered from surveys.

Endgame: If it is the case, then, to publish many scientific papers on the findings of CT, making a case for humanity’s embodied cognition and the link between psychology and the body. To establish a new, and reputable, field of study that can exist alongside the other avenues we have for measuring human beings — and have other universities and groups join the research effort. In short, to elevate human consciousness of itself.

~ ~ ~

As you can see, Model 2 has a different set of goals/priorities than Model 1. Because of how Model 2 will aim to address the truth of the visual phenomenon scientifically, it is necessary for it to begin from scratch and to not be beholden to Jung or any other practitioners. However, in doing so it also removes itself from a very valuable trajectory– the transformation of the Jungian typology community.

And while I sympathize with the desire to pursue truth wherever it leads, and to leave behind whatever isn’t truth — my Fe has another motivation that I cannot shake off. And that is, that it “matters” to me that there are people out there with an incorrect perception of their psychology and that we have something we could teach them that would illuminate them more than they are now. Call it a bit of a hero complex, but I would not feel content with only doing the research and letting the wider MBTI community “be.” I do want to help people, and I think many here on this community do too. And we want to know how to live more meaningfully with greater self-knowledge and knowledge of those around us.

Reason 1: Aiding the typology community

Thus, the end goal of Model 1 is to tackle the wider typology community, and raise them toward a more refined understanding of the phenomenon they have been glimpsing this whole time. Model 1 acknowledges parity with Jung, and understands the domain of ideas to be the same in essence, even though there have been a lot of internal differences. The aim would be to have CT standardize these differences, as the global opinion slowly converges into the most salient conclusion of type.

In a way, it would be far easier not to bother. This means debating with Socionics, Beebes, Keirsey, and many of the most contemporary spokespeople of these ideas-bubbles. But I think it should be done. The battle of ideas isn’t just at the academic level, but it’s at the typology-community level too. Each layperson is a human with a mind and making a difference in the world happens locally through conversations with normal people. And it would be unwise to underestimate the amount of collective wisdom and intelligence existing in this sphere. It also has to be considered and addressed. Thus, Model 1 actually hasn’t even begun fulfilling its purpose yet. Well, perhaps it has begun with the debate with Jack Oliver Aaron. But there’s much more to do. And if others wanted to start youtube channels also spreading the word, that could help kick-start this effort.

Reason 2: Refining in preparation for academia

And the second reason it’s important to finish Model 1 first is because the scientific community is far more rigorous, so if we cannot even convince the typology community, which is composed of many laypeople, then the model is all the more unprepared to face the rigor of academic scrutiny. As debates happen with other minds, a refinement process happens. Difficulties are identified, ‘weak’ points are brought to light by discussions, and thus given a chance to be repaired. Even just on this forum, new members have acted as key points of contrast from which to build better and stronger ideas. This process is not over, and CT isn’t yet done learning about the Jungian typology sphere.

However, Model 2 does still need to make progress as fast as possible too. And it’s good to be moving in that direction right away. Both need to advance side by side. But I’ve placed the Model 2 articles out of the navigation menu for now, although they can still be found here:

I will still be working on these articles a lot, but balancing that with finishing up the articles — and mission — of model 1. And I’m excited to develop Model 2 together with the more well-initiated members here, as I am going to need help with it. It’s going to take a group of people with experience in statistics, A.I. neural networks, and many other domains, before it’s ready. But that’s a journey I’m fascinated to take with you guys.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Auburn.
    Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Moving back on track to the matters at hand, and the order of priority, we have:

Approximate Timeline

Short-Term (6 months):

• Finish Development Profiles
      • Je l— Profile
      • Ji l–l Profile
      • Pe lll- Profile
      • Pe l–l Profile
      • Pe ll-l Profile
      • (and all the other profiles with significant samples in them)
    • Finish “Redefining” series
      • Redefining N
      • Redefining I
      • Redefining E
    • Finish edits to Ti/Fe/Te/Fe profiles, accoring to the new definitions of T & F.
    • Finish Compound Functions
      • ET
      • EF
      • IS
      • IN
      • ES
      • EN
    • Finish getting 1,000 samples in the database
    • Update Codifier to version 3.0
    • Get 1,000 followers on Facebook.
    • Grow youtube channel to 5k.

Medium-Term (1 years):

• Publish: Practitioner Manual for Psychoanalysis
    • Finish CT Certification Program
    • Grow youtube channel to 10k

Long-Term (3 years):

• Finalize Model 2’s structure, premises and hypotheses, in preparation for scientific testing.
    • Secure funding for scientific testing through a university or academic body.
    • Publish findings.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Auburn.
    Shelley Lorraine
    Participant
    • Type: NeFi
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Seelie

This is all so exciting! I don’t post much here, but I’ve been following along.

Is it weird that detailed timelines, maps and such bring me joy? ;p

Perhaps somewhere along the way, I’ll be able to offer more than just cheerleading XD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON