Eric Strauss ESFJ -Video explanation

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions Eric Strauss ESFJ -Video explanation

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Discord
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:
    • Attitude: Unknown

Eric Strauss (TWFP) decided to call me out in chat today, call me stupid, etc. He yelled at the screen, posturing that pathetic use of force he has. Assuming he has won the argument and thinking (falsely) that he is dictating things. He then went on to mock vultology. So, I am using socionics to explain why he is Ni PoLR just like my momma. This time, I am prepared, and have accumulated evidence. Well, with me it is patterns I have seen in time, which makes it fairly easy to then argue the PoLR and the suggestive functions.
    Video to come.

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:
    Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

Eric's response: "I won't even bother with a motivational critique here. Maybe you are motivated by something other than frustration. Regardless, you aren't responding to any of my words, just making observations about my tone. You've apparently mistaken Fe for Ti."
    That's all you got, Eric? I've tracked your tone, your actions, your words, and your behavior. I have watched your channel for a year. That is what Ni-Fe is known for. Pulling out of the generality of you, the outliers. This is how we are able to accurately perceive a person beneath the facade. There is an understanding of how the things you under-react to and the things you overreact to stand out and act as a window into you, through the span of time. I highly doubt I misunderstand Fe-Ti but I'd be open to having it explained to me.
    Also, a more friendly form of persuasion would have worked better on me and others earlier.
    Don't forget to eat some Ne-eese

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

@auburn I'm being wrongfully misrepresented. I am directive and one or both of my extroverted functions is being used.
    I don't know what you need to rectify this. I have had a direct compounding effect on the sequence of events, playing out exactly as I intended to socially, all whilst being inconspicuous and with unconscious Fe and Se? That makes no sense. Using very obvious force against the environment in social way constantly and consistently and not being afraid or reluctant to.
    What gives?

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Hey @jay !

I have had a direct compounding effect on the sequence of events, playing out exactly as I intended to socially, all whilst being inconspicuous and with unconscious Fe and Se? That makes no sense.

Indeed, your Fe use is quite clear above and also has been in previous video interviews. Sorry about the delay in updating your profile's development and thanks for pushing me to get it done; I just have to swing back around to things. Also, sorry in general for not keeping up with your personal evolution as much-- you and the Betas are growing so fast!
    Ahem, but yes we see Fe in the GIFs below (if I may?), such as:

Spoiler

^ Je Gesticulation (while still subordinate to P)

^ Je Projecting Hands

^ Fe Warm Swelling
    And certainly at:

^ Fe Directive Pushing

[collapse]

Here in this last GIF (1:16) we see you step into directive Fe, where you lean into the role of Judge (Je) and call out amoral and degenerate behavior. The capacity to stand up against such forces with one's own will, and to not buckle, is a characteristic of Je's qualia (as per this thread)-- of confidence/authority-- which affirms the integration of the function into the psyche. So Congrats Jester! This is a really incredible shift from when I first saw you. And I've altered your profile to reflect this development.
    (I'll get to Se in a bit)
    You're certainly right about displaying directive Fe in this video, and you may well be directive Fe now. I should mention that adaptive/directive is not a mutually exclusive category in CT, but a spectrum of Fe use; Fe being capable of modulating one or the other strategy depending on whether the social dynamics require one to concede to the other, or for the other to concede to them.
    But I've set it to Directive for now, given your latest video, although the matter may just be a bit more complicated than that? There's another possibility I see, and that is that you may still be primarily adaptive but integrating directive shadow elements into your personality lately?
    General Notes on Adaptive vs Directive Fe?
    We are still missing a lot of resources on Directive and Adaptive Fe, but from what I've gathered so far, one is usually the "default" and the opposite attitude pops up in moments of stress due to enantiadromia. So for example, an adaptive Fe will be nice and compassionate and kind and martyr themselves until they suddenly reach a threshold and burst into directive Fe for a moment, before snapping back into adaptiveness.
    Oppositely, directive Fe will have a baseline callousness to the demands of others and present as more impervious to their judgments, until a point where the right person/comment/moment shatters their defenses and they will feel naked and helpless without their guard up - which can be very tender and vulnerable (for better or worse) - until they quickly put the walls back up as if nothing happened; remaining more or less aloof.
    I have an instinctual suspicion you may be primarily adaptive with occasional swings into Directive Fe when the situation demands confrontation, but your default may be a state of agreeableness (adaptive)? Despite moments of confrontation, you come across to me as someone primarily receptive, sensitive and compassionate (that is, open/vulnerable at heart) rather than guarded. But what do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this-- as I'm still learning a lot about it from the subject's point of view. I'm only describing how things appear to me from the outside but I could be wrong.
    Oh yes, as for Se, gimmy a few days to finish up the Codifier Se signals, and I'll be able to check more accurately if Se is conscious in you? 😉 Also your recent transformations are sufficiently explained in the development of Fe and possibly Directivity, and adding Se atop of that would be quite much! I see Fe far more clearly than Se in your vultology, although I do see Se rising into consciousness. Not all the signals are present yet in the footage I've seen, but that may very well change, or I may just not have glanced closely enough at your other vids-- which I intend  to get to also.
    Thanks again for being patient, and I hope this helps clarify a few things. 🙂

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

@auburn Thank you. I needed this good news 🙂

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

@auburn
    But I’ve set it to Directive for now, given your latest video, although the matter may just be a bit more complicated than that? There’s another possibility I see, and that is that you may still be primarily adaptive but integrating directive shadow elements into your personality lately?
    Great observation, Auburn. I had been doing some serious shadow work and exposing myself to all sorts of uncomfortable feelings and situations. I purposefully turned people against me to challenge my reactions, so I could go deeper into my shadow. I became more and more disagreeable in an effort to pull in some shadow Fi, because the hope was that when Fe came to consciousness, I wanted as close to a perfect intersection of feeling as I could have. Thinking that in the big picture, I could do more good in the future by causing some mischief now. I noticed when Adrian brought his Fe to light the shadow seemed to come out a bit more in him causing him a lot of pain. I didn't want this to happen to me so I tried to tie the loose ends best I could see them. I kept a dream log and have been practicing lucid dreaming where I have gotten to the point where I can lucid dream about half the time and have conversations with the archetypes in my mind. 
    Despite moments of confrontation, you come across to me as someone primarily receptive, sensitive and compassionate (that is, open/vulnerable at heart) rather than guarded. But what do you think?
    I like to believe that is what I am. Unfortunately, opinions have varied on that one. I am glad you see me in that light. Taken as a whole, I do think I am more warm and vulnerable at heart, because although people can get very unhappy with me, no one has called me cold. Nevertheless, as time goes on and disappointments keep accumulating there is a chance this could change. 
    I have an instinctual suspicion you may be primarily adaptive with occasional swings into Directive Fe when the situation demands confrontation, but your default may be a state of agreeableness (adaptive)?
    I'm about 60% in agreeableness on the Big 5. What I have noticed is I am generally agreeable but I can switch (as you hypothesized) to directive, however when I do I mobilize big time and literally demolish the threats. I don't back down and in someways it feels good. In other ways it hurts me because I can't calm myself down after. I stay mobilized for longer than I need to. By mobilized what I mean is a state of readiness to take on any and all threats. 
    An example of this is a year ago, I had this big lifted truck cut me off, so I passed him and flicked him off. He didn't like that, so he proceeded to ride my ass with his high beams on, which absolutely set me into a rage, because it feels like a thousand knives being shook around in my head. He kept following me and then I thought (at the time I was married), I cannot let this guy follow me home, because then Nancy could be drawn into this and in danger. So, I pulled off into a dimly lit gas station. The guy pulled in so his lights were still blinding me. He then got out of the truck. The rage I had then turned to this calm sort of clarity feeling where I had all this confidence things would be ok. I get out of the car. I saw this shadow in the light come towards me and I judged the movement. I caught him coming in with his punch with a check left hook and down he went. I then switched to, I guess adaptive, when he came to, I helped him up and told him to get the fuck out of here. So, there is something going on here and yes shadow elements are coming into play. The force seems like shadow energy. It is confidence I can go into but confidence I don't generally have. This is just one example. There are many. 

EpicEntity
    Participant
    • Type: SeTi
    • Attitude: Directive

Damn... how non-lethal of you.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Type:
    • Development:
    • Attitude:

@courtjester,

An example of this is a year ago, I had this big lifted truck cut me off, so I passed him and flicked him off. He didn’t like that, so he proceeded to ride my ass with his high beams on, which absolutely set me into a rage, because it feels like a thousand knives being shook around in my head. He kept following me and then I thought (at the time I was married), I cannot let this guy follow me home, because then Nancy could be drawn into this and in danger. So, I pulled off into a dimly lit gas station. The guy pulled in so his lights were still blinding me. He then got out of the truck. The rage I had then turned to this calm sort of clarity feeling where I had all this confidence things would be ok. I get out of the car. I saw this shadow in the light come towards me and I judged the movement. I caught him coming in with his punch with a check left hook and down he went. I then switched to, I guess adaptive, when he came to, I helped him up and told him to get the fuck out of here. So, there is something going on here and yes shadow elements are coming into play. The force seems like shadow energy. It is confidence I can go into but confidence I don’t generally have. This is just one example. There are many.

But what did you learn from this encounter? What's the lesson in it? My shadow has been painful because of the weight judgment, it's so heavy to be confident about something where you don't know if you are helping or hurting a person (and a mask is built in its place), which translates also into not knowing how you are hurting or helping yourself (because you can't tell you apart from the mask) (in the end, the answer I think is to be authentic/true to yourself and learn from others about your judgments/criticisms). Everyone projects their internal reality, and I have been living the life of a victim in many ways and it has been painful to finally confront that and be aware of my power: nobody is going to heal me except me, nobody is going to save me except me, the universe/spirit can give you the opportunities and it's up to you how you respond, whether to be gracious with what you have and be aware of what you want in your life and taking the steps to get there or being in anger and resentment, blaming/judging others/the world/life/universe because they can't give you what you want . I am responsible for myself first and then for others. I would ask from this situation (in a true question/criticism coming from me and open to answers/criticisms from you and anybody else so I can know myself) how do you think the situation would have gone if you just let the guy cut you off, let him be the way he is, he is not your responsibility so there is no need to set him straight? Is this really a loss if you let him cut you off, what are you losing? Pride? Or perhaps you really have to stand up for your self and meet negativity with negativity, but what do you gain from it in the end? A fight in which again you have to stand up for yourself and prove that you are a man against another man (yet, who caused the fight though)? In the end, when you decided to help him, did anybody learn anything? Did you apologize for your part in the confrontation? Did he?
    In the end, judgment seems hard and it seems you have to be open to you being yourself, your whole self (whether you fall in one side or other of the heart attitude, as I think you have already done) and be open to learning from your mistakes as one's judgment is refined when you are aware of the power to judge (because judgment is universal and the way you judge affects how you judge yourself more (and your life) than how you judgment affects others, no matter how angry you get at them or how much you want to help them/be kind to them). As I said, I'm open to criticism to understand other's viewpoints and take a look/be aware of my own and get out my shell/wall.

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

@scientiam I thought you were done with me?

Simple to explain. Both of us did not handle the situation as adults. He was following me and I knew his intention was to follow me home. I did not know if he had a weapon or not. I was fearful for my wife and her safety if this person followed me home. The parking lot creates a bottleneck. What if he had a gun? What if my wife were to watch me get killed? I had to make the decision to pull over somewhere safe and deal with the situation.
    Now, it is easy to sit back after the fact and say: "Why didn't you just take the high road?" Well, tell that to someone who is angry and not thinking straight. Plus, I was in a bad neighborhood, which creates situations where the assumption must be as such: the intention is likely not to get out and talk it over.
    We live in a world where violence is frowned upon. However, violence is what keeps you and I safe at night, because as Jack Nicholson said, "the walls need to be guarded by men with #@$s." "You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall." There is a lesson in what he said. That there is this dynamic of good and evil and evil prevails when good men do nothing. Hence, the irony of the name of the movie "A Few Good Men."

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Type:
    • Development:
    • Attitude:

We live in a world where violence is frowned upon. However, violence is what keeps you and I safe at night, because as Jack Nicholson said, “the walls need to be guarded by men with #@$s.” “You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall.” There is a lesson in what he said. That there is this dynamic of good and evil and evil prevails when good men do nothing. Hence, the irony of the name of the movie “A Few Good Men.”

@jay, Trust is also what keeps you and me safe at night. Trust that you are not going to do violence/harm against me because of your care/love for humanity and my being or at least because I trust in your capacity to follow the law (collective ethics of the tribe/city). Violence exists in this world, it's true, but why? And how do you know what is good and what is evil, can one carry that knowledge in oneself and be confident that it is right? or is it formed from trying to help yourself and help others and following a path of openness and guidance from others/God/Spirit?
    I'm sorry that you thought that I was "done with you," but I'm trying to be more aware of myself and I noticed that my mask to you was becoming burdensome. In the end, I didn't trust you as a friend and wasn't open to you with my true feelings/thoughts and I had to end it, for now, to work on myself.

GreenCoyote
    Participant
    • Development: lll-

Cant we all just get along, and beat each other up in the process. Ha ha

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

@bera you have to be an enneagram 9?

Bera
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Seelie

@jay - why? :))) I didn't even say anything !
    Are you thinking of how I liked everything except for the exchange between you and scientiam that looked slightly conflictual to me? Was this the reason? 🙂
    I actually even thought maybe you guys could benefit from a tarot reading. (...trying hard to zone out..."it is not ME who suggests a joyful reconciliation, it is the Universe !" )
    I was typed 259 Sp/Sx in Erica's Enneagram group. Sadly, I am terrible at self typing and at seeing Enneagram patterns... I can see both pride and sloth in myself and sometimes they might reinforce each other.
    The gas station story sounds pretty 6-8ish to me. 🙂 I think you might react like this in other situations too. The fascinating thing is there is actually wisdom and calculation in it. I like that. 🙂

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

@bera Well, you know I love and support your readings and think you should do more of them 🙂 Yes. The beta's are in a bit of a conflict right now. Maybe a tarot reading would help? I know that loyalty within our quadra is important and tested all the time. The distance I think is what caused misunderstandings. Nevertheless, we are all looking for the same thing, I think, just the ways we want to go about getting there have changed.
    I think as time goes on and we all learn about each other on a deeper level, it will be easier to read into our actions and why we take the paths we do. Maybe to also not read into certain things too deeply as well.

@bera
    As far as the gas station story suggesting 6-8 on the enneagram; you are right. I seem to be a 684 tritype. It is the "truth teller." Maybe the six and eight swap places when I shift from adaptive to directive? It is interesting because I go 6w7 to 8w9 to 4w3 which is directly connected to the attachment styles I have and how I deal with them. So, it is likely that if I resolve my attachment issues perhaps these could change to this: 7w6 to 9w8 to 3w4. ??
    I can see you as a 2 and there's the nine in your tritype. That makes a lot of sense and explains why you are always so helpful whilst trying to preserve the peace, but also why you admire my use of force (after the fact) not during lol.
    I'd be willing to bet Adrian has a 9 somewhere in his tritype, or might be a 9 in general. @scientiam

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

@auburn I've noticed my Fe has made me more calm but more intense and I feel like I'm on a crusade. I feel like a battle ram. I wonder if with it did come some shadow processes that might have brought out aggression. It seems like my Fe wants revenge for damage to my Fi.
    Have you or anyone else heard this reported before?

Bera
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Seelie

Maybe a tarot reading would help?

Say no more ! You guys will get one this weekend. 🙂 And then I will wait for your feedback !

Maybe the six and eight swap places when I shift from adaptive to directive?

I don't know if this is possible. @Animal - what do you think?

I’ve noticed my Fe has made me more calm but more intense and I feel like I’m on a crusade. I feel like a battle ram. I wonder if with it did come some shadow processes that might have brought out aggression. It seems like my Fe wants revenge for damage to my Fi.
    Have you or anyone else heard this reported before?

I've had a lot of seelie - unseelie oscillations during and after my Fi development. There were moments when I would just say exactly what I thought in a blunt way. I was sarcastic and frankly quite cold, empathy simply got cut off for a while and then I could express my less pleasant opinions about others, because it didn't affect me anymore !
    To put this in context, usually when I need to tell someone something uncomfortable for him, I worry that I could hurt or offend him and I feel afraid of a potential conflict and guilty for the things I did not do that I would surely be accused of with this occasion. So, it's unlikely for me to express highly critical opinions about others.
    During the oscillations, this was not always the case ! There were times when I could directly tell people exactly what I was thinking, without any diplomatic filter. This sometimes sounded as coming from a place of contempt. Well, to be honest, I don't know how it sounded, I know it was coming from a place of contempt.
    Now this was nothing compared to the effects of Morbidity & Macabre, that I am sure were and are part of my not very enjoyable inner journey.
    Still, there have been some consequences...I have upset at least a friend and we drifted apart from each other for a month. I also stopped seeing another friend because I kept feeling I needed to tell her that I don't trust her views about something of importance to her and I knew this would be the end of our friendship.
    So, this is certainly something that can happen, because it has happened to me. It seems to take some time for newly developed functions to become settled...it took some months in my case and I doubt it's over.
    I don't know exactly what can be done to speed up this process or to make the effects less intense or at least less harmful to others. I hope Auburn and others can help more.

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

@bera Thanks for the advice Bera. When did your Fi come to light? Was it only recently? I haven't been here very long. Maybe it has been only 4-5 months.
    Please don't develop Te 😉
    What was weird about the Fe journey was I made a bunch of friends and I lost or cut ties with everyone. Throughout my life, this is not normal, because I don't make friends easily because I never let anyone close. I will only when I trust them and our synchronicity ties us together. I follow the synchronicity in/with everything, using it as a guide. If after a little while the synchronicity isn't there, I leave. Yet, as Fe was coming into consciousness I went from uncharacteristically open and welcoming to suspicious and distant. I went from saying yes to social invitations to saying no.
    I remember the day I think the burst happened. It was a week or so after the Jack Aaron WSS facebook argument. I deleted my facebook thinking that I will take a week and come back to it. At the end of that week I was just viewing everything so differently. I just tied facebook and all social media into everything else that is so inauthentic and fake. I felt disgust that I had been a part of it for so long. I deleted all social media except discord.
    The good in all of this is for a person with anxiety, I have gained control over many of my fears since Fe has come to consciousness. The imagination I have that could create so many scary scenarios seems balanced now by the rational functions and I feel more confident. The divorce does not bother me as much either. I stand there at court like a stonewall with a 1000 yard gaze. The other thing, and I might just be imagining this, is my eyes look different maybe as evidence of the energy shift.
    One more thing... I've found I just generally don't like people anymore.
    Se is waiting in the wings. When that comes to light I am going to have a lot of force and leverage with a ton of depth. We have to be careful what "we feed" and I was hoping I'd be less bitter with all the work I have done. It is still there. I need to fix this before I bring Se into the mix, or maybe Se is the solution?
    Your presence seems to calm me, so maybe that is an indication that if Se came to consciousness it would chill me out. We can work on your Ni as well and I have some ideas on how to bring that one up 🙂

EpicEntity
    Participant
    • Attitude: Directive

@bera without forcing it can you try and see what happens if you start thinking about your interconnection or disconnection toward objects? Like... What would you do if you know area 51 was on their way to kidnapping you? If interested try to make a workable story out of that or something else. When finished try and figure if you started using Te?

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

@bera @greencoyote
    Ni will bring a lot of good things. It is going create balance and easier access to the archetypes and your unconscious wonderings and wanderings. Nevertheless, you can't be afraid of it. My childhood was full of nightmares, suspicions, and general discomfort in the darkness. I can only imagine how scary Ni in that inferior position would be.
    Cody I think you are at a point where you aren't afraid of it. I think Ni intrigues you and you are looking at it from the point of perspectives. I imagine it might burst soon after your Fe.
    Bera, I think you are still afraid of that part of your psyche. Yet, you have all the potential for utilizing it in a positive and effective way for you, because very clearly have already embodied one of the archetypes. Your seelie energy withstanding the test of time and hardship is testament to this 🙂

GreenCoyote
    Participant
    • Development: lll-

@courtjester

Ni totally intrigues me. So does Fe. In fact most of my functions intrigue me. It's crazy because even functions I have conscious I am still not entirely sure how I am using them. For example, I can kinda see what Se is but struggle with what Ti means for me.
    In fact it feels like I don't use Ti at all but my Vultology clearly shows this.
    I wonder if you can have functions conscious yet not really know what you are doing with them or have an understanding of what they are. It's just hard for me to pinpoint what is what at this point. I think next I would like to know how to do that if anything.
    It seems hard for me to even isolate one function from another in my psyche to know what they do individually. It just seems like such a seamless system (how the mind works) in relation to the functions being used. I think I can see it clearer when we do our beta chats on Skype because I can see how they all manifest in the different positions. It's as if we all like the same stuff but have different viewpoints on it all. For example, we are all pretty spiritual and focused on growth but view things through different lenses.
    For example, Court Jester we are both focused on abilities and magical subject matter yet provide different gifts and insight the other one doesn't focus on entirely. You are so good with a mystical inner exploration and I seem pretty decent at an outer one. I think Betas are all just magical and spiritual but the functions just create different ways of using that magic.
    I dunno. I still need to think about this more or learn more. Cool stuff happening none the less. Excited to see where this all goes.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram