FiSe Profiles
FiNe Profiles
SiFe Profiles
NiFe Profiles
NiTe Profiles
SiTe Profiles
Dream interpretation of a boy with one eye

Home 2023 Forums The General Hall Dream interpretation of a boy with one eye

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rickus
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: l-l-
    • Attitude: Seelie

Hi there
    So last night I had what seemed to be a nightmare, though I cannot figure out why it was a nightmare. I had a dream of a boy but he was made of darkness, like a black silhouette. He had a single white eye on the left (his right side). He was hiding behind a wall. The closer I got to him the more terrified I was. I managed to wake myself up from this nightmare.
    I'm not sure what cognitive functions are at play here, but I suspect it may have something to do with people in my neighborhood labeling me as gay without even knowing who i am (I am not gay by the way, and I don't think the way a person walks determines their sexuality, that is horribly narrow minded). I was just walking in the park when I heard a mother and her sons call me gay out loud because of the way I held my dog's leash. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. i tried to keep calm and ignore them but they continued.
    When I came home I told my family, but I ended up taking my anger and hurt feelings out on them.
    So I think the boy with one eye could be linked to that. This is something I had to deal with growing up. People decide what you are without you having to do or say anything, its really horrible.

Rickus
    Participant

I do think there is some element of ones cognitive shadow here perhaps. It is something I hate and perhaps I repress it as I don't know what to do about those feelings.

Bera
    • Development: ll--

@Rickus

I had a dream of a boy but he was made of darkness, like a black silhouette. He had a single white eye on the left (his right side). He was hiding behind a wall. The closer I got to him the more terrified I was. I managed to wake myself up from this nightmare.

There are for sure some elements here that can make us think of both Fi and Ni, aren't there?
    The boy is made of darkness, which could suggest unconscious "shadow" content.
    An eye is a pretty STRAIGHTforward (HAH !) Ni symbol. But eyes can be judgemental too, can't they?
    Hiding behind a wall...what could be lurking behind a wall..?
    This if we choose to interpret the dream as somehow being related to cognitive functions, which seems to be an idea you'd like to play with and it's for sure an idea I like to play with.
    You connect the boy to your sexual orientation and this is an interesting interpretation path to take.
    We might associate our inferior function with traits we reject though. And for sure we tend to associate them with sexuality. What else could represent a union/merging as well...?
    I propose to go about it the good old fashioned Jungian way.
    You said what you associate the boy with - homosexuality. And people would have thought this because of your Fi, wouldn't they? Not your Ni. There is that.
    What is it that you associate the eye with? One eye?
    What about a shadow person?
    There is this, by the way :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person
    Shadow persons are frequent in dreams.
    One important element is you were afraid. So, let's Se.
    Could you be afraid of your Fi? Why?
    What about Ni?
    What about homosexuality?
    I am just Pe looking around though, I don't know. Maybe we can explore it, if you want.
    I LOVE connecting functions to dream characters and have my own Te harasser dream character. Soooo...

Rickus
    Participant

Hey Bera.  Yeah it makes total sense that it would be linked to both Fi and Ni. Since a shadow is something one rejects I think it is me rejecting the judgements of others who said I was gay because of the way I walked, which to me is a very black and white way of thinking. Perhaps the one eye could signify narrow mindedness or only seeing things from a skewed perspective. I remember I was really angry when I heard what those people said to me. The shadow figure scared me as well, so I guess i fear what people think of me.
    In terms of my enneagram type I am type 7. But my heart type is 4 (it has been 2 as well) and my gut type is 9. I have anger issues a lot of the time actually, despite trying to be kind and caring. I think type 9's repress their anger a lot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
bookmarkglobeenvelopeshopping-bag