Dichotomy Maps

Home Forums Model 1 Discussions Dichotomy Maps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Supah Protist
    Participant
    • Type: SeTi
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Directive

Here’s a diagram that maps out the jungian dichotomies.
    https://cognitivetype.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/20840/5w3wgazqujkzamrgllh55nemyvwqm260.jpeg
    The left diagram seems to be accounted for in the new Quadra descriptions, but I think the middle and right diagrams may be useful additions to the theory as well. If the energetics and their oscillations are fully described, it would make sense to fully define the functions and their oscillations as well as the function pairs and their oscillations. I think it may be useful to not only discuss Pe, Ji and the Reviser oscillation, but additionally, S, T and the ST oscillation as well as SeNi, TeFi and the Delta oscillation.

Supah Protist
    Participant
    • Type: SeTi
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Directive

Socionics has dichotomies for these already. S and T are both "External" meaning they are explicit while N and F are both "Internal" meaning they are implicit. S and F are both "Involved" meaning they are visceral or somatic while N and T are both "Detached" meaning they are abstract or mental. So one could think of Beta types as being "External Revisers", "Internal Conductors", "Involved Decompressors" and "Detached Compressors".
    Additionally, Revision vs. Conduction and Compression vs. Decompression are structurally identical to the "Animals" in OPS. Consume = Revision, Play = Decompression, Blast = Conduction and Sleep = Compression. OPS classifies PiJi(I)/PeJe(E) as "Energy" oscillations and PeJi(P)/JePi(J) as "Information" oscillations.  E expends energy and I conserves energy. P intakes information and J outputs information. So maybe this is another way to describe the Quadras. Betas would use NT to preserve energy, NF to share information, SF to expend energy and ST to intake information.
    Idk, just some ideas.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram