David Bowie and Trent Reznor

Home Page Forums Vultology & Learning Center David Bowie and Trent Reznor

• Rua
    • Type: NeTi
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

This video might have been posted on an earlier version of the forums, but having watched it recently I thought it was a very nice example of the way in which humans intuit the polarities of the functions. I find Bowie to be SeTi and Reznor to be NiTe; I don’t have nearly enough experience to attempt the development levels with accuracy but I would suspect Bowie to have all four functions conscious and Reznor to have his first three conscious.

Starting at 3:45 Bowie begins taking about the differences between his and Reznor’s musical processes; his language is very interesting. He uses the term “yin and yang”, describes them as “opposites” that are “working in the same area”. “Minimalism” vs “Over-layered” I think is a pretty excellent way to break down Ni vs Se as well.

Auburn
    Keymaster
    • Type: TiNe
    • Development: l--l

I haven’t had time to look at Trent Reznor, but I did take a closer look at David Bowie and it seems he was a TiSe! And I actually think @animal and @ivory you both might find this interesting. He seems to belong to what is now evolving into a TiSe drag-queen shade, right alongside Jared Leto and Ivory – and belonging to a wider JiSe male shade that also includes Prince Nelson and Michael Jackson.

TiSe David Bowie

Spoiler:

Ji Poise + Ji Individualism / Identity

Meticulousness

TiSe Jared Leto

Spoiler:

FiSe Prince

Spoiler:

FiSe Michael Jackson

Spoiler:

More specifically, we can see his Ji-lead rigidity and poise in GIFs like:

Spoiler:

0:32

^ Ji Meticulous Hands + Ji Momentum Halting

0:10

^ Ji Momentum Halting + Ji Eyes Disengage Down

1:04

^ Ji Rigidity/Poise + Ji Meticulous Hands + Ji Eyes Disengage Down

0:12

^ Ji Eyes Disengage Down + Ti Emotional Neutralization

He eventually develops to ll-l, which makes him appear more FeNi-esque in some instances, but earlier videos are always more indicative. Also I’ve made a comparison video of Bowie going through multiple TiSe samples of different developments, showing how his development has changed over time — but always staying within TiSe:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Auburn.
    Rua

Very interesting. Especially when combined with the videos displaying the signal differences over time. I can’t help but notice that when Ti is the only signal conscious both Leto and Bowie appear to be speaking on matters directly “from the heart”, or character, or ethos [and that the Bowie we see in 1995 had already displayed conscious Fe and Se earlier in life but was only evidencing Ti in that specific context (except for one head sway I see that I don’t know if it’s Pe or Je)].

Rigid posture was in the back of my mind as I was typing Bowie, but ultimately I missed its importance and this was a good lesson in undervaluing a signal for a persona.

Animal
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Unseelie

Purr <3  @Ivory is totally a rockstar/drag queen shade! ha ha ha! 😀

Trent Reznor is one of my top favorite artists ever! I’ve written songs about him <3 and how his work affects me. I had an imaginary competition with him too 😀 😀

That was something I made when listening to ‘a warm place.’ I have so much art about him but this is what I have on hand.

I wonder if he’s a Gamma! :O

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Animal.
    Ivory
    Participant
    • Type: TiSe
    • Development: ll--

Interesting!!

Had never considered Ti-Se for David Bowie, what with the high Fe being constantly talked about in regards to his typing on other fora. But indeed; his Ji rigidness is unmistakable.

I approve of the “TiSe drag-queen shade” title, lol. I really dressed down in that video, but my usual attire, while not drag-queen, tends to be quite flamboyant. And there’s something to the mannerisms that just add to that vibe.

To prove my point and show off my amazing selfie skills:

Spoiler:
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Ivory.
    Rua

Appending this to say I’m still seeing Trent as NiTe but I–I [Unseelie] seems like the most likely development for him now [at least circa mid 90’s], I’m seeing conscious Ni and Se but Te and Fi both feel supportive in their roles.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Rua.
    Animal
    Participant
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Unseelie

Ji Male Drag Queen Shade:

TiNe: Chris Corner

TiSe: David Bowie, Jared Leto, Ivory

FiSe: Prince, Michael Jackson

FiNe: Marilyn Manson

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Animal.
    Hrafn
    Participant
    • Type: SiFe
    • Development: l-ll

I’ve been wondering if Viktor Tsoi (of the Russian band Kino) might have been a similar shade of Ji-lead. I’m having trouble typing him but he sorta looks Ti-lead to me.

The interview starts at around 1:15.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Copyright 2012-2020 | CognitiveType.com
This website's articles, its reading methodology and practices are the intellectual property of J.E. Sandoval.
Animated GIFs, images and videos belong to their respective owners.