Archetypes of the Unconscious- Has anyone personally witnessed these physically?

Home Forums Spirituality & Philosophy Archetypes of the Unconscious- Has anyone personally witnessed these physically?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Discord
    Participant
    • Type: Unknown
    • Development:
    • Attitude: Unknown

Archetypes of the Unconscious- Has anyone personally witnessed these physically materialize in the external world? 

Rua
    • Type: NeTi
    • Development: ll-l
    • Attitude: Adaptive

Hmm, I'm not 100% certain I know what you're referring to. I've had an experience in which I saw an archetypal image appear in my mind when I was puzzling over someone's type, but in terms of a visualization of the archetypal image being directly mapped onto someone in the physical, external world, as in a man in a construction uniform being transformed externally/visually into a King with accompanying scepter/clothing or something of the like, I don't think I've ever had an experience of that sort. My archetypal visualizations occur in internal spaces, and don't seem inclined to map themselves directly onto the external world in that way, though now that I think of it, I have had some experiences in which a psychological insight would superimpose itself onto the physical world (say, experiencing a feeling as of stepping out of my old skin like a snake molting), but not in such a way that I felt there was literally a layer of skin left on the floor. More that the abstraction/internal reality of the psyche was existing at the same time as the physical reality, but not literally overriding the sensory data, more that it was superimposed over it/alongside it.
    I would say that one correct interpretation of vultology is that it is the external, physical materialization of archetypal energies, so perhaps that is where the question itself confuses me.

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

@rondo I'm actually making a video about what I believe to be a physical manifestation of the collective unconscious (with visual proof). I'm going to post it here to see what you guys think. I had a great chat with Adrian regarding his awesome transition, so this evoked a lot of things I wanted to talk about because I've noticed our experiences like this to be interrelated.

GreenCoyote
    Participant
    • Type: SeTi
    • Development: lll-
    • Attitude: Adaptive

I have certain images of characters in my mind. I see their appearance and know there personality, they usually have a dominant color or two about them. Maybe they are possibly archetypes, usually they represent a personality i have or one i have seen in the world.

Bera
    • Type: SeFi
    • Development: ll--
    • Attitude: Seelie

Well...a long time ago, when I was in college, I saw something that might be considered a representation of an archetype in physical form.
    At that time I was taking some pills for acne, which later were completely taken out because evidence was found that they caused dangerous mood swings...Also I was not sleeping enough.
    So, one night I thought I saw the shape of a woman on my door. She looked like a queen. I could see the crown and she was holding something in her hand that I first thought was a scepter. Of course nothing had changed from what I had seen every day till then but I could suddenly see this woman that had not been there before... I thought it was the Empress in tarot. But looking closer, I arrived to the conclusion that she was holding a scythe and not a scepter. So, then she was death.
    I stood there for the whole night, looking at the shape from different angles. It didn't just appear at specific times, it was there...permanently. As if it had been carved on my door. And - I'm sure this will not be surprising at all - I thought it was a death omen. :)))
    Later I realized sometimes the Empress IS represented as a woman holding a scythe and the general theme shown is that of harvest and not of death. At that time I didn't know this detail. I think death is a darker part of the Mother archetype anyway, isn't it?
    I soon after stopped taking those pills (because it was pretty obvious they were the cause) and my door returned to normal. I also read that people tend to see holy apparitions of saints on stone, tree trunks, church windows...even potatoes. 🙂 When we spot a pattern that somewhat resembles a human form, we tend to fill in the gaps.
    I am not sure what it means that I saw the Empress/ the Mother (?) and not something else. But now thinking of it, maybe this was my mind signaling that the pills I was taking were dangerous. So I saw Beauty/Nurture somehow combined with Death or at least I interpreted it this way. If this is true, I was not even having a delusion - it was rather some sort of  very strange advice. 🙂
    I am not sure this is relevant to the question.
    There is another thing that can happen - so...I sometimes see a certain event/object superimposed over real life events/objects as if they were 2 different layers. But then the new layer is just in my mind, I don't really perceive it with my senses. It feels a bit like entering a different realm, so the atmosphere is clearly changed. But I don't see anything that is not objectively there, if this makes any sense. It can be simply the past coming back...while walking on the street, I am here but I am also in the past and an event is repeating itself in my mind but as if it was happening here and now. Or something can happen that seems to help me solve a puzzle and I first get into the realm of many layers in order to solve it. :)) Or I recently read a story and someone is now telling me something very similar and I get the strange sensation that the 2 moments are connected and almost this impression of layering - for lack of a a better word. And the new/spiritual/imagined (?) layer can contain archetypes, I think...but it doesn't have to.

Discord
    Participant
    • Development:

"Or I recently read a story and someone is now telling me something very similar and I get the strange sensation that the 2 moments are connected and almost this impression of layering – for lack of a a better word."
    This is definitely synchronicity.
    "So, one night I thought I saw the shape of a woman on my door. She looked like a queen. I could see the crown and she was holding something in her hand that I first thought was a scepter. Of course nothing had changed from what I had seen every day till then but I could suddenly see this woman that had not been there before… I thought it was the Empress in tarot. But looking closer, I arrived to the conclusion that she was holding a scythe and not a scepter. So, then she was death."
    This is very interesting because and I do think you are spot in that it represented the mother archetype but with the synchronistic meaning attached to it. I imagine it must have scared the crap out of you but it sure got your attention and influenced you in a positive way.

Bera
    • Development: ll--

Yes, it totally freaked me out ! But it made me stop taking the pills, which I think was a good thing because they were really toxic. Some people killed themselves while taking them. 🙁
    What I said about the story really happened...on Halloween I listened to some scary stories on Spotify. One of them involved moving to a new house though it was believed to be haunted, hearing tapping on a wall, a strange, tall, dark figure appearing, terror and a fight against fear and a couple who got killed in that house and whose ghosts were haunting it.
    The next day we had a discussion on discord in which someone said she wants to move in a new house but people think it's haunted; another person mentioned she used to hear tapping on the wall in her home, then the first person said she and her boyfriend both saw a tall dark creature in their house and that it's necessary to control fear because these beings try to use fear to make you destroy yourself ! And...now that I think about it, she also said that fear draws you closer to the energy level of these creatures...
    ...and today I listened to another horror story in which this was one of the themes. A painter of dark images brings a friend to a hidden place that he uses as studio. One of the paintings shows a little boy who is taught how to become similar to his teachers, who are monsters. (it's implied an ancestor of the painter was a changeling and this was probably the boy taken by the monsters instead of him...we also see what happened to the changeling in another painting...).
    This sort of things keep happening on the forum and chat with a far higher frequency than in any other place so far.

Rickus
    Participant
    • Development: l-l-

I have experienced a phenomenon where everything in my state of visualisation is the same color, basically red. I would see women with red wings and red hair, I would see I have long red hair, and I would see a red ribbon coming towards me as if it wants me to grab onto it. If I see a certain color, its almost like my visualisation side of my brain is like a chameleon that takes on the colour I perceive strongly in my environment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
A forum exploring the connection between Jungian typology and body mannerisms.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2021 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
searchhomecommentsenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram