Reply To: Hierarchy (Primary/Auxiliary/Tertiary/Polar)

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Hierarchy (Primary/Auxiliary/Tertiary/Polar) Reply To: Hierarchy (Primary/Auxiliary/Tertiary/Polar)

Tea
Participant
  • Type: NeFi
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Seelie

This got me thinking about how many Ji types here seem more Ne lifestyle-wise than me. But it’s not Ne, it’s simply the carefree aspect of not having a heavy Pi homing instinct (for Ji the home is the self). Ji and Pe work as one in their call to live an unencumbered life true to the self.

What’s interesting is that even though I tend not to actualize  the Ji Lifestyle, I still feel its pull. For me, external certainly and pragmatism tends to win out. That’s a tension that’s been ever present since adolescence. My pragmatism isn’t for the self alone. There’s a strong communal aspect to it, which is momentarily opposed to the pull of Ji but always laying the groundwork for it. Like “I will come for you, my sweet!”

And despite all my impulses to be pragmatic, few would call me practical. “The Unrealistic Optimist” my friend calls me. Even my prioritizing of Si matters seems very Ji (selective and idiosyncratic), which perhaps shows that Ji is somehow higher up. I’m unsure if there’s subordination between Pi and Ji. But the subordination to Ne is clear.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON