Reply To: NiTe – Teal Swan & The Ego

Home Page Forums Vultology & Learning Center NiTe – Teal Swan & The Ego Reply To: NiTe – Teal Swan & The Ego

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

As a third point: Teal Swan is full of ego. She’s a false prophet. She runs a cult, worships her own beauty and encouraged clients to kill themselves in the past.  She is not beyond her ego, and telling others to transcend theirs is just nonsense.

A lot of people have an ‘ego in having no ego.’  In enneagram there are two types that do this most often: 5 and 9.  Enneagram 5 has an ego wrapped up in non-attachment, and 9 has an ‘ego in no-ego,’ the idea of ‘premature enlightenment.’

In my experience, typology attracts more 5s and 9s than other types, and I hypothesize this may be one reason why.  Typology gives them a structure through which they can convince themselves that they’ve transcended their ego or become detached from their emotions.  Other types have egos in other places; fours like me, have ego in having a unique expression or pov, being deep and having our own identity and separate personal mythology.  Fours can be attracted to the idea of mythologizing their suffering through tales related to type, but it’s less attractive to some unhealthy fours, arguably, because the typologies aim toward dismantling any identity construct.  For fives and nines, they can feel superior in this arena, as they convince themselves they’ve “transcended” the entrapments of the heart, the flesh, the ego.

Teal Swan is operating under these type of delusions. We had a long discussion about her on my forum, looking deep into her history – she is a self-promoter (3 influence) with an ‘ego in no ego,’ (9 influence), premature enlightenment. Regardless how you see her type, you can see her delusion of ‘premature enlightenment’ as ‘the 9 in all of us.’ She has fallen asleep to herself.

She sees herself as transcendent, yet if you look at her actions she has not transcended anything. She is very self-important, struggles with relationships, obsesses over her appearance openly, has bad run-ins with clients who are hurt by her practices, is tied up in lawsuits and anxious about it. She is living in a dream world, but the difference between her dream world and ours is that hers has been marketed to many people as a reality.

I do enjoy many of her videos, still. She’s articulate and she presents ideas that are helpful and evidently true, even if she herself is not perfect. Who is?

Sometimes it’s easier to channel wisdom from ‘beyond yourself’ than it is to embody it. In my opinion, that does not necessarily need to stop us from imparting it but, rather, provide a path for us that we strive to follow. At the same time, there is some advice (like ‘transcending ego’ ) which is rooted in an egotistical delusion that one has transcended themselves.  So then it becomes dangerous to send people down paths you’re not willing to follow yourself  – like, advising someone to commit suicide and ‘start over’ in a new life, because they’re not attached to their ego or their life; as Teal apparently advised her follower.

In conclusion, ego can inspire beautiful work, but can also become dangerous if we fail to understand the nature of its entrapments.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON