Tea replied to the topic Depict a Member in the forum The General Hall 7 years, 7 months ago
OMG, @Bera, they're so perfect!
Faex replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Oh, I also love the Madonna, @bera. I developed a relationship with her that when I don't cultivate, my life feels very dry and lonely. Catholics, and I think Orthodox too, see Mary as a refuge: a mother who cannot turn away those who suffer or even have really messed up. The miracles attributed to her are countless and many are astonishing. And…Read more
Faex replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
In Christianity we don’t have any feminine deity that embodies sensuality and I think this is a bit unhealthy.
Interesting take, @bera. To be fair, Christianity doesn't have a masculine deity like that either. 🙂 Don't forget; Jesus himself, the central figure of Christianity, like his mother, was a virgin. Sure, he was not also a parent, but i…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Heroes & Villains for each Function -Myth in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Personally I find Cortez unimpressive, but I know many people don't agree with me. She strikes me as bland, nothing special and unoriginal, but I suppose she is a run-of-the-mill product of our time.
Of course everyone's definiton of hero is different. I'd consider a hero - or even a villain- someone with more timeless impact and lasting power.…Read more
Faex replied to the topic Heroes & Villains for each Function -Myth in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Re: Se heroes & role-models…I’m pretty sure Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez is SeFi (alt. NeFi), and she’s become quite a folk-hero lately.
And a folk villain, too, lol. Conservatives seem to me to be loosing their heads over this little girl.
Animal replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I honestly resonate more with Mother Mary than with any other saint; I like her kindness. But I also think many religious people naturally tend to believe sex is a sin and women’s main role is that of mother and given the cultural context, no wonder. :))
I don’t really feel a need for a warrior goddess or for a goddess who is sexually bold. But…
Bera replied to the topic Website Upgrades & Bug Testing in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 7 months ago
I had this issue too. I posted images and in some cases only half of the image posted could be seen.
It seems to work if you set the dimensions to 500 - 500.
