Animal replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I really appreciate your willingness to listen to feedback and consider it genuinely 🙂
I will go through the profile either later today or tomorrow, very carefully, perhaps with Ivory if he has time, and offer what I can. 🙂
Faex replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
By the way, I believe Moanna represents all three VERY well! In fact, I think she's the most Fe of our noted fictional Fe heroes yet!
She is mentor per excellence; She is champion per excellence; and she is saviour per excellence.
She does it three different times throughout the movie for five sets of characters: the baby turtle, Maui,…Read more
Faex replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Hi, @auburn.
I think it's more about the paradigm we're using than specific sentences. That's why I thought it might be good to separate the universal from the function-specific myths.
For example, what in stories refers to individuation? I think this was the point, @faeruss was trying to make.
Individuation is about transformation, journey,…Read more
Faex replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Oh, @bera, I looooooooove Metta! I've actually believed for a long time that Metta is an Fi archetype! (I.e. that it is an activation or cultivation of Fi 'energy'.) And I do think they are related: Guan Yin is from the Tibetan tradition too (who I believe are the source of Metta as a practice, though I can't be sure) where they know her as 'White…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Notes on Methodology, Experiments & Protocol in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 7 months ago
I write this here as a potential mitigation of practitioner error, and as a fail-safe to this system which I so value. Right now CT is far too highly dependent on me and my opinion. And as anything that is aiming to eventually grow into a science, this is far from ideal and so I write this article to remind myself of the values CT has baked in…
Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I agree with you (and Auburn) that there are a lot of social standards right now, pushing women to be 'strong, independent,' etc -- based on false grounds. Since part of being strong and independent is embodying love & compassion.
But I stand by what I said, that many people do submit to social norms. I include men in this.
Not many…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Oh, my, you guys wrote so much, I don't know where to start.
There is actually one thing that bugs me a bit, but how do I express it... I think the word submissive is used here in a context where it does not truly belong. I doubt many women are submitting to society's norms or acting in a passive/receptive way because they want to impress…Read more
