Bera replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@animal - you are very good at finding these tropes ! When the video started I already thought of the manic pixie dream girl which I understand is a subtrope. 🙂
As a pure Pe lead I don't really know what to say. :))Â I'd say it's not just a male fantasy to be with a very young and naive girl who worships him. I'd say it is also a female fantasy…Read more
Tea replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
The Fi heros such as Harry Potter and the Baggins hobbits have a elements of the "underdog" that seems absent in the Fe myths. The Fe hero's journey are a bit more about realizing one's place in the world, while the Fi myths seem to be about succeeding despite one's place in the world. That personally resonates with me, too. I ain't no fortunate…Read more
Supah Protist replied to the topic Current State of Typology in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 7 months ago
Cybernetic big five theory tries to offer a theory of mind based on the big five, here’s a paper on it: https://scottbarrykaufman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/DeYoung-2014-CB5T-JRP.pdf
Juan E. Sandoval started the topic Current State of Typology in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 7 months ago
I've briefly touched on this topic in other threads, but I find it important to give a more elaborate view on the landscape, according to my current understanding of it. If anyone more initiated on these topics would like to offer updates, feel free to comment.
Psychometrics
The most compelling evidence existing to date for personality variations…Read more
Faex replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
You are such a wonderful person, Fae !!!
This made me cry. <3 I need to eat something good to recover and then I need to start the preparation for the trip.
Oh, @bera, you're so sweet! Thanks. I'm glad it made you happy and I think you're great too! 🙂
LMAO, @animal . . . fuhget aboutwhat I said, lol. You'll hate Wonder Woman, ha ha!:
The trope…
Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I still need to answer the good questions Auburn asked - about solutions. I've yapped about so many over the years, but I'm percolating to get them down to a few key points 🙂
In the meantime I wanted to post this - a great example of the problem I'm talking about..
The trope of a…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@fae - I didn't know they might actually be related. The energy really seems to be very similar if not the same, so that would make total sense !
Thank you so much for reminding me of this scene in Moana !!! I actually saw people's discussion about it on the old forum but you caught me in a more sensitive moment now and it really got me. This…Read more
