Juan E. Sandoval started the topic Notes on Methodology, Experiments & Protocol in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 7 months ago
Hello. I write this here as a potential mitigation of practitioner error, and as a fail-safe to this system which I so value. Right now CT is far too highly dependent on me and my opinion. As with anything that is aiming to eventually grow into a science, this is far from ideal and dependency on any one person should be removed as soon as…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I'm laughing here because, after all that apparent 'conflict' - we essentially agree on what the problems are, and what needs to happen. 😀 Socionics is really onto something with Conflictors "talking past each other" but - at least in this particular case - I see my own values strongly reflected in your post, and how you see this.
I'm…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Ok, I do want to fix the profile if it is off. But I think I need more specific information.
@elisaday - Do you mean you relate to all of the Fe profile descriptions, or specifically to this Fe mythology? How do you relate to the other sections, or even other phrases within the Fe myth section?
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I see! Thank you for clarifying @animal .
neither side of which will make anyone happy.
Yes. This. I appreciate that you have a middle view on this, and seem to just be going for realism. One of the things that threw me off about your earlier posts was that I felt you were advocating that women need to be more assertive, independent, etc.
Which…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I will say outright that I love all the characters in Game of Thrones, and the variety of characters that are portrayed. J.R.R. Martin is absolutely brilliant in his nuanced understanding of womens' issues, in my opinion. I wonder, has he been typed? (Not that it's relevant per se, since any type can be brilliant and 'in tune,' but I'm wondering…Read more
Supah Protist replied to the topic Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I think what I’m after nowadays is more an understanding of the self as you described it, but a better way to phrase it is as figuring out why I do what I do. What are the reasons behind why I think about what I think about and why I act how I act? I think I’m after the whole picture as opposed to a piece of it. Another way to phrase it is fig…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Yes! Thank you for summing up.. I really admire your organizational qualities. I write so many long posts and it would be so much easier if I could just organize the way you did, from the get-go... 😀
The only point there that I slightly disagree with is this:
"Are specifically against portrayals of a “pretty, desirable, submissive (…
