Animal started the topic How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
We've had a lot of threads about the technical underpinnings of functions, but I'm after something different here; something closer to these descriptions:
cognitivetype.com/8-functions/
cognitivetype.com/arcane-series/
1) Do the themes associated with your first function resonate with your personality and role in the world? How does that…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic Website Upgrades & Bug Testing in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 8 months ago
testing now with domain migration
Spaceman replied to the topic NeFi's with Social Anxiety in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
How would most people describe you?
People have always kind of described me as antisocial. My mother and siblings always accused me of it, probably reinforcing my perception of myself as "antisocial." I have always considered myself to be an introvert, and didn't doubt it until being typed under the CT model.
When the social anxiety wanes, I find…Read more
Spaceman replied to the topic Who are you, really? The puzzle of personality | Brian Little in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
I do know people who swear up and down that they have certain personality traits. Usually for the typical reasons i.e. they're introverted because they feel like antisocial weirdos, they're intuitive because they don't want to be boring, they're thinkers because they don't want to be stupid or are capable of complex analysis, etc etc.
This Brian…Read more
Animal replied to the topic NeFi's with Social Anxiety in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
Yeah - I'm not NeFi, but PeFi - and I'm often seen as "shy weird artist." I'm intensely open and present when the conversation is real, but in other situations, even my introverted friends have critiqued me for being so incredibly closed off. According to some, I "don't even try."
I don't have anything to say, oftentimes, because I'm no good at…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic NeFi's with Social Anxiety in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
ETA – lol, I just noticed I’m not the first to respond to the book example first XD
Heh! I'm glad the book example has been picked apart - as it should be.
Shoot, I realized now I was way too general with it, but now I'm seeing in what ways. I can totally see how reading for an Ne-lead would be like that too. I suppose the nuance I was tryi…Read more
Shelley Lorraine replied to the topic NeFi's with Social Anxiety in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
So to give a behavioral example, cognitive introversion might seen in the act of reading a paragraph of a book and needing to sit there mulling over that paragraph for an hour to try to grasp how it fits into one’s existing framework or shapes it in subtle ways. Extroversion would be the act of breezing through the whole book in a few hours due t…
