Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic P-oscillation & "Self-work" in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 7 months ago
I like this. I think @faeruss captured more of my sentiment in this. But also something else -- "whose to say what is better?" -- for example, a certain kind of Je-lead (Tony Robbins) may see it as self-work and self-growth to rise up to challenges, have unlimited power, and make a success of your life. Another certain Je-lead may find they're a…Read more
Faex replied to the topic Pe Leads - Inspiration vs. Perspiration. Do you work Hard? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
My Je is useful only when in service of Pe Play. I found that out as I wrote my three books. "Hard work" meaning utilizing all my energy, brought zero fruit when done in the typical "hard-working" Je way. I had to keep remembering to play. Then lo and behold! Progress!
Inspiration to me is not optional at all. It's inspiration or death (of…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@faeruss - your last post is so funny, I laughed 4 times during lunch break thinking about the Myth of Juicy Grilled Chicken Meats. :)))
But I honestly believe that Hero is a good word for the Fe myth and I will risk generating 100 new posts by saying it actually is the best of the ones that have been suggested. 🙂 Messiah sounds way too…Read more
Faex replied to the topic Heroes & Villains for each Function -Myth in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Ouu! Neat!
I don't know if he's Fe or Te, but the mighty Thanos definitely is a "chosen one" and "saviour" too, even though he's the villain. (Avengers 4: Infinity War).
Faex replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
In short: Voldemort’s Je vision gets ruined by Harry Potter, the trickster. That is the “hero myth” of the story.
OMG- This is so true! Voldermort has a total "destiny" arch. Harry doesn't.
Another story where it's the villain rather than the protags who has the destiny arch is Avengers 4 (Infinity War). The mighty Thanos is all about his desti…Read more
Faex replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Wow! So much good stuff has gone down here! I'll just respond to a few bits.
I totally agree with four things:
1) There's a sense of "the hero" that's fundamentally human, not Fe or any one function.
It's literally the mythic cast of "growth": To Jung, it's what individuation is. It's the ego on its way to "the Self".
2) Fe as Messiah is…Read more
Faeruss replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Also, I like the Chosen One, as it has a more neutral feel. I can be the Chosen One to save humanity, or to bring about its destruction.
