Faeruss replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
If the word messiah is too hard a pill to swallow, perhaps "The Chosen One" could do the job, noting of course that that is what messiah means.
On your point about terminology and definitions, I would say that your point is fair, as far as it goes, but caution must be used here. While one can always define one's own word to mean…Read more
Faeruss replied to the topic P-oscillation & "Self-work" in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 7 months ago
@Hrafn Thank you for this. Yeah, I think Auburn has a specific kind of self-work in mind when he talk about this, and it is "work" indeed. It is structured, and involves the delineation of ideals (Ji) and their effective pursuit (Je), and is overall rather Western in flavour. There is indeed a type of self-development, though perhaps not…Read more
Bera replied to the topic P-oscillation & "Self-work" in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 7 months ago
@umbilicalsphere - what do you think about this as an NeTi who does not have conscious Fe ? 🙂
Because in my opinion you have done a lot of self work and this is obvious, you wouldn't even have to prove it, that's why I'm summoning you and not talking about myself.
Maybe you've had some issues to overcome but I don't think this should be that…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Fe vs Te+Fi - Self Improvement in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I'm not sure if I should respond to this thread, since my Fi and Te are not conscious...I just wanted to say I can see this in myself too...now, I obviously need a strong and organized person/ part of myself to protect my Fi. And there is no one, literally no one (except for Animal 🙂 ) who is filling that White Knight role in my life, so, yeah,…Read more
Shelley Lorraine replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
To be clear, this post is about me, as an example of a SeFi III- , and I wonder if this is common among PeFi III. I’d really like to find out if this applies to @shelley-lorraine for instance.
@Animal, sorry I missed this tag earlier. But, to reply… I am really conflicted, and my conflict is only compounded by my enneagram 6 nature XD
I have bee…Read more
Hrafn started the topic P-oscillation & "Self-work" in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 7 months ago
@auburn I wanted to reply to this, which I saw in that endless Harry Potter thread:
First I should say I don’t put self-work on a pedestal. To me, being l— is just fine. I’m also not a moralist.
So I don’t feel the need to be make qualitative statements like “everyone does self work.” No.. I think that’s a J function thing. And that’s not me…
Tea replied to the topic Fe Profile in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I haven't read this yet (I'm sure it's wonderful!), but I've been thinking about "The Strong Arm of Fe" lately. There is bamboozley Fe, out for the self, and there is Strong Arm Fe, which in anchored in principle and can bear much weight. The Japanese character for "man" comes to mind. It's a strong arm beneath a rice field.
There is a nice…Read more
