Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
[Edit: Oops, our posts crossed! I wrote this before reading your post. Reading it now!]
I also read Lolita and loved it. I appreciated that the book exposed pedophilia for what it is, in a realistic manner, from the perspective of a pedophile. I understand the critiques that it was 'sexy' and sexualized the child, but that is the point of…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@animal - do you know this site ?
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/browse.php
It's amazing and I think you can find a lot of material here ! But it's pretty addictive, you go from one trope to the next and next and next...until it's already 5 a.m. Not that CT is any different. :))
Oh, yes, I also saw the exceptions. I saw there were even some…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@Bera @Faerie
you are very good at finding these tropes !
@Elsie actually found this. I am very media stupid.
The reason I can summarize these tropes is that if I see the trend in 2-3 movies, then I come to understand why people act the way they do. I see reality first, and then when I see media I discover what's behind the brainwashing that…Read more
Supah Protist replied to the topic Current State of Typology in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 7 months ago
I’m not sure DeYoung is positing that people are knowledgeable of their own cybernetic parameters, to the best of my knowledge he’s basing his connections between big five traits and cybernetics off of the neuroscience.
Here’s one of his papers on personality neuroscience:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-XDPUhSKUmOaUpuT052ZmkwZUU
He made…Read more
Rua replied to the topic Current State of Typology in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 7 months ago
I have a few thoughts on this. The first is that like many I was glad that personality psychology finally had something to cling to statistically in the Big Five, as psychology never can or will be valued as a science until it can speak without reference to the subjective (psychology must do more than this, but it must be able to exist in this…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic Current State of Typology in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 7 months ago
Oh! This guy (Colin G. DeYoung) is a student who worked right under Jordan Peterson -- that makes sense. This is him holding Jung's Red Book:
I've skimmed through most of the paper now and I have a few notes about it:
Notes on Metabolism & FFM
A few problems I have with the initial approach of using the FFM to then peer beneath towards…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic Current State of Typology in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 7 months ago
@supahprotist - Oh I like what DeYoung is doing! He gets it; the need to focus on metabolism (he calls it "cybernetics"). And what I call information processing he calls "mechanics." But he's describing the same exact thing. I've only read the first couple pages but will be sure to read the rest to see what he says more completely.
