Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Wow, you really dropped a truth bomb there, didn’t you, @animal? Hollywood is ruining our lives and we don’t even realize it.
@Faerie - this made me laugh. Haha, I just say what I see and this stuff seems so obvious to me - but I guess I did drop a bomb! hahaha.
Maybe I have the 'truth bomb' effect because I lack persuasive qualities and 'subt…Read more
Ivory replied to the topic David Bowie and Trent Reznor in the forum Vultology & Learning Center 7 years, 7 months ago
Interesting!!
Had never considered Ti-Se for David Bowie, what with the high Fe being constantly talked about in regards to his typing on other fora. But indeed; his Ji rigidness is unmistakable.
I approve of the "TiSe drag-queen shade" title, lol. I really dressed down in that video, but my usual attire, while not drag-queen, tends to be quite…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I remembered a talk against ideas like "follow your dreams!".
It also debunks "Don't listen to what other people say". And from a financial view point this is totally true. (But in relationships I think it's not !)
Alain de Botton has some interesting talks about this too but they would be too far from…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@animal I know you didn't say I was brainwashed and, to be honest, my interest in society's opinion is not extremely high, so I could not be bothered by that because I know it's not true.
I do think men and women don't want the exact same things. But I also think the difference is not as big as many people seem to suggest. Many of my friends -…Read more
Faex replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
The bothersome thing is that that advice is a myth. It’s not for everybody. It’s for the privileged.
Indeed, @tea. I always wonder if people 70 years ago could've just upped and "followed their dreams". Perhaps the simpler lives back then gave people simpler dreams, like marrying so and so from family X in the East of the village. Things were har…Read more
Tea replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@animal, that's a good distinction. Both have elements of "against all odds," but delta is more specifically the underdog one. My view is probably colored by the gammas I know who strongly root for the underdog, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily a theme. Also, they do conceive of the problem in different terms.
@fae, does this resonate with…Read more
Tea replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@Fae, both my husband and I rejected the Baby Boomer's advice: Do what you love. Eventually I kind of took that road, but not for a long time. The bothersome thing is that that advice is a myth. It's not for everybody. It's for the privileged. What about loving what you do? That requires some character and attitude adjustment.
If someone really…Read more
