Thana replied to the topic How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Interim comment: I didn't realize this was a repost thread! And I saw that the answers were bullet by bullet/theme by theme, but my brains works better tackling the information as a whole and relaying it via storytelling progression than by bullet points. I can do bullet points but not on topics like these where there are a ton of points and then…Read more
Thana replied to the topic How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
1) Do the themes associated with your first function resonate with your personality and role in the world? How does that function manifest, and which themes of the descriptions are ‘not you?’
Oh definitely. Like you mentioned, there are descriptions that I relate to (Fi) but the ones that play out the most explicitly and enduringly is Ni bar…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@faeruss - Basically at the time I first read the Se article I believed I was NeFi of FiNe. Which later on proved to be false. The interesting thing is I read that article and I did not relate to anything about Se from it. I didn't feel any connection between myself and Se and I actually felt moved that there were people (Se users) who were so…Read more
Aletheia started the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
For a while now I've been trying to quantify emotions in a literal/evolutionary context. We speak of how we feel, but what does that really mean? And we describe emotions as what divide a conscious, living being from a machine, but I've never heard an explanation for the mechanism of emotions or how it would differ from auto-generated protocols…Read more
Animal replied to the topic The Complexity of Humanity in the forum Spirituality & Philosophy 7 years, 8 months ago
At best I am trying, but the universe will ultimately decide if I succeed in revealing any part of it. It is, at the least, a worthwhile way to spend my finite existence.
CT is a language - and no system, no language, no symbolism can encompass the whole of God. By nature, structure is finite; God is infinite. We use structure and language in our…Read more
Aletheia replied to the topic The Complexity of Humanity in the forum Spirituality & Philosophy 7 years, 8 months ago
Ah, the agony of Ti! 😮 I know it well..
The impetus to encompass all the nuance of a phenomenon into a conceptual framework is indeed futile, as is the ideal of complete accuracy. As you say.. it's not really possible to put God in a box. Quantification of a phenomenon ultimately leads to data loss, sadly. And with our finite capacities, we are…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic The Complexity of Humanity in the forum Spirituality & Philosophy 7 years, 8 months ago
@bella -
<3
@septimus-chalier - That's a wonderful quote. *looks up Virginia Woolf*
@animal - Thanks, you're very generous towards me. ^^
At best I am trying, but the universe will ultimately decide if I succeed in revealing any part of it. It is, at the least, a worthwhile way to spend my finite existence.
(An addendum i wrote but deleted at…Read more
