Amy replied to the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
I loved Animal's response... and I would have responded much the same way... I love delving into my Fi, what it's like, how it feels, what it means to me... it's not an easy thing to convey. I feel like there are so many thoughts and experiences behind a single feeling... and so many feelings behind every thought...
Umbi did a brilliant job of…Read more
Animal replied to the topic How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@Thanatesque
Purr, I love your posts. And I love that you did it holistically. 🙂 Often this is best for me too, but with the Se post I was too divided and wanted to get down to the nitty gritty of the problem I was having with the descriptions.
Like what I did with the first question, I’ll speak more generally and holistically of the themes an…
Umbilical Sphere replied to the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
To organise my thinking on this I find it useful to consider the evolutionary development of existence from matter, to life, to mind, and the functional differences which have occured via these transitions. In this way we can contextualise and contrast what function emotions in general serve and why they would have arisen at all in the evolution…Read more
Ash Rose replied to the topic How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Seeking the truth to life:
Somewhat, though I know others who pursue this harder than I do. The meaning of life and purpose of humanity is something I often ponder and theorize about, but there are aspects to this description that have always had me perceiving others as overthinking this area of life. I always knew that I would never truly know…Read more
Thana replied to the topic How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
3) Is there another function theme – aside from that of your first function – that resonates more with your personality and role in the world? If so, how does it manifest?
Even though I’ve been typed at ll--, I can’t help but feel that there’s an interplay between my Ni and Fi especially when I was younger. Te and Se have been underlyin…Read more
Animal replied to the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
I've done quite a bit of thinking about this topic too, some of which I've explored in my novels, using a system of symbols and more. It's too extensive to share here, especially before the book is published.. but, for now, I'll say that I believe there are a few different facets that make up emotions, and one is visceral while another is stored…Read more
Neon replied to the topic How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Just moving my answer from the old post :
1) Do the themes associated with your first function resonate with your personality and role in the world? How does that function manifest, and which themes of the descriptions are 'not you?'
Heightened focus : Yes, especially when I’m reading or watching a series, it is impossible to talk to me un…Read more
