Animal replied to the topic Attraction & the Lies About it in the Media in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 7 months ago
Before Aphrodite, there were other depictions of the “Goddess of Beauty.” In the Sumerian Tablets, this was Innanna – somewhere between Te and Se. She was later known as Ishtar.


She was the Goddess of War, and the way she went about warring was Se; in that she seduced men and tricked them at the last minute. She was sent to rule over areas n…Read more
Septimus Rosa Chalier replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Maybe is it right to say, as @bera and @auburn did, that these (monolithic) female and male portrayals are not statistically wrong, even if they are often (depressingly) simplifying...
But i do think the massive cultural propagation of these clichés can be damaging for people whose natural inclination is different and who can feel pressure to…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Returning to the talk about accurate or less accurate depictions of women in the media...I am somewhere in the middle of this...femininity spectrum. :)) So, I make my own money and didn't ever depend on any guy for anything. But I am obviously acting like a reviser with guys, so, they take most of the decisions and I am not into control or into…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@Auburn, I saw your post now and I will read it and return, I was already writing about something completely different, sorry. 🙂
Bera replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Aaaand I'm back.
@fae - I will return to what you said. You are right ! Christianity also does not have a masculine deity who is...sexually active. 🙂 Actually...God, the Christian God, is based on the the God of the Jews. And what is really creative and innovative (and most probably also closer to the truth) about their religion is that their…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
(Thread split, as it's once again not about harry potter.
)
Just to butt in here briefly -- I'm inclined to agree with Bera here that the female portrayal isn't entirely unrealistic.
@animal - If I may make some commentary regarding your specific case, I have seen many Te-conscious woman taking a similar issues (in various iterations) to the way…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Actually before your case study, a few more notes... going back to your OP:
I’m noticing a pattern in my own cognition that I’d like to find a CT based explanation of. Most of the time when I’m thinking, I’m thinking about myself. The content of my thoughts is subjective. I know that, metabolically, functions aren’t supposed to be content a…
