Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Haha it's ok, I totally got it! I just felt bad for causing so many thread splits. I'm not annoyed at Auburn at all, but I was a little annoyed that my original post wasn't in this thread (which is entirely my own fault because I posted it in the Harry Potter thread) and thus my original point was lost, and people were re…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@auburn @bera @septimus-chalier - Allow me to draw an analogy.
In the thread where we were arguing about Fe myths, Auburn wrote that Fe types tend to 'set the tone' for the narrative. This was his post:
Yes but I think this is due to a reverse engineering. For example, I see how Campbell tried to generalize his myth, although he clearly has a…
Septimus Rosa Chalier replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
(Btw, @animal, my remark was meant to be untastefully humorous (to get everything clear). Pe may be all over the map, but Ji can come close to an Obsessive Classification Disorder. The Virginia Woolf quote i posted somewhere could be used against me (and was more or less supposed to describe - at that time - some of Ji's flaws).)
Animal replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@elisa day
This was my exact point. The phoenix, and battling good & evil, and rising from the ashes to become your own hero & hero for others; is inherently human. That's why having it listed as "Fe" doesn't make sense, and will only cause confusion for people regarding their types.
Ash Rose replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
This description still resonates with me far more than any other description. Definitely far more than the Fi description. It’s also how I would describe my more conscious side while the Fi description sounds more like my unhealthy/shadow side. What @animal keeps saying about Ni/Se having more of an “as above, so below” mentality while Ne is more…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@auburn also -
If you read through my original post which began this conversation, along with reading the comments I have made - I have not once claimed that women like me were the majority. What I claimed was that there's a history of powerful Goddesses which are left out of Western Culture; that portrayals of the women in the Bible are much…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Female Figures in Religion & Media in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
