Septimus Rosa Chalier replied to the topic FiNe & the MBTI in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
In the MBTI system, I wavered at some point between INFJ and INFP, but primarily between INTP and INTJ. Ultimately, I settled (unsatisfactorily) on INTP. I thought I could be a F-type mainly because the emotional detachment of the INTP bothered me, and I considered myself potentially being a J-type because P-types' lack of rigidity didn't feel…Read more
Septimus Rosa Chalier replied to the topic Ne ll-- & the MBTI in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@shelley-lorraine, this might be linked both to the fact that Te is not really a social function and to the functions hierarchy itself: https://cognitivetype.com/forums/topic/hierarchy-primary-auxiliary-tertiary-polar/
Shelley Lorraine replied to the topic FiNe & the MBTI in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
The second third of the confusion comes from the way Ni is described; namely as a function of inner intuitions, hunches, and insights that germinate from within first and congeal suddenly into revelations. This is simply not the case for Ni and is not how it operates in reality. What we’ve seen instead is that Ni (proper) doesn’t have epi…
Shelley Lorraine replied to the topic Ne ll-- & the MBTI in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Disclaimer: I'm NeFi lll- in denial, coveting the ll-- label XD
I know a few people whom I strongly suspect to be NeFi l-- and ll-- developed, but who are significantly more socially extroverted than I. Maybe I am wrong and they are actually l-l- ... but I can't see the Te in them. How am I still so socially introverted with two conscious…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic FiNe & the MBTI in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago

In short, I think real FiNe find the INFP description too whimsical, fantastical and poetic. They see themselves as much more serious, judgmental, but also affected by other's emotions in a way that INFP profiles don't describe. And their intuitive insights appear to them as being longstanding conclusions rather than real-time…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval started the topic FiNe & the MBTI in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
As a sister thread to this one, I wish to also make note of another typing pattern that has made itself evident. A fair few of our FiNe members ( @aux , @pine , @laelrice , @elisaday ) and popular FiNe typologists bloggers such as Kailia & Molly all have identified as INFJ at some point.
Given how these two types share no functions in common,…Read more
Faex replied to the topic Ne ll-- & the MBTI in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Yes, this is meeeee!
1) Introversion: I'm literally the most socially introverted person I''ve ever met (I know it sounds hyperbolic, especially given my extreme silliness on discord, but I swear it's true, you guys.) Deciding to leave the house without necessity is a battle I fight with all my strength. I call myself a hermit because I can…Read more
