Thana replied to the topic NiTe - Teal Swan & The Ego in the forum Vultology & Learning Center 7 years, 8 months ago
Ooooohhh 😮 🙂 and I will respond later
Animal replied to the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
Yet we need not mystify emotions. We can both see emotions as entirely mechanical processes while honoring their sophistication as our first approximation of how-to-be in this reality, and also not use them as exclusively the only source we rely on for our processing and decision-making.
It may be too simple to say we "need not" mystify em…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval started the topic NiTe - Teal Swan & The Ego in the forum Vultology & Learning Center 7 years, 8 months ago
@thanatesque - I may have found a close twin shade of you:
NiTe, Teal Swan has a whole channel dedicated to Ni mysticism, and is positioned as a guru in her own right. You can view her channel here.
The Ego
This video about the ego is quite interesting to me. I see the ego having other vital functions in the psyche aside from self-protection,…Read more
Thana replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
I would imagine receiving information from our 1st function would get redundant and mundane. We naturally and reflexively perform (or are) our first function so why dwell on it any further. When I typed at FiSe, I saw Fi as mundane and boring, not worth personally talking about. When I was younger I admired and probably even fetishized Ni and Te…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
What are Emotions?
@umbilicalsphere @teatime - Yes, precisely. Umbi you are brilliant.
Where the ethicists have it right is that this bio-computer is immensely relevant to us, and has millennia of wisdom that we should not discard lightly. To say they are "just" bio-chemical algorithms is to undermine something that is highly intelligent, and…Read more
Thana replied to the topic How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@animal <3
Purr, I love your posts. And I love that you did it holistically. 🙂 Often this is best for me too, but with the Se post I was too divided and wanted to get down to the nitty gritty of the problem I was having with the descriptions.
I figured that was the case :). I loved your post and it was highly informative not just for me but for…Read more
Tea replied to the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
Emotions are (chemical) flags/alerts that the system is out of balance. The alert should be examined because the adjustment may need to be internal, not external. The emotion is meaningful, though the first interpretation may be incorrect.
Basically, Umb's reply simplified 😛
"Flag" and "alert" are terms I used to describe emotions with when I…Read more
