Faeruss replied to the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
On this topic I wrote a brief remark a few months ago
You're depressed because you just have a chemical imbalance in your brain. Yes, but why do I have this imbalance? This kind of reductionism is sometimes as helpful as telling someone they are poor because they spend more money than they earn, or that they are fat because they eat more calories…
Animal replied to the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
I do agree with you that mysticism is part of the emotional experience. But I’ve seen that it is possible to make the meanings associated with experiences conscious, therefore changing the emotional response. At this point in my life, after going through a lengthly individuation process, I’m actually no longer capable of being ‘taken’ by mystica…
Aletheia replied to the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
Thank you everyone for your replies! It's great to see such a rich conversation emerging out of the original question 😀
@Animal - You have a lot of great points, especially in what you say about the individualized form of emotions. Have you studied much in the way of Jungian psychology? I resonate a lot with your reply, as it parallels what I've…Read more
Ash Rose replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
For me Fi is an enormous burden that I cannot control and causes all kinds of problems. It gets in the way of my interests as nothing can get done until Fi is tamed. Some days it’s on the back burner and being a good little kitty and other days it’s tearing my head off. For this reason I always thought it must be part of my shadow or possibly inf…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
This actually makes sense.
This was just an idea, maybe I'm wrong. 🙂
What does conscious actually mean?
I think there might be a misunderstanding here between conscious (as in a conscious function in CT's terms) and conscious (as in a function you are aware of). So, a function could be usually operating by default and could be conscious in CT…Read more
Ash Rose replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Wouldn’t a function occurring naturally, like breathing, without any conscious effort make it unconscious?
Bera replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@Thanatesque - I also think maybe this is one of the reasons some people neglect their first function - maybe we do everything related to our first function naturally, like breathing or walking and because of this we don't even fully notice we are doing these things.
I am also interested in astrology and I have some basic knowledge about…Read more
