Ash Rose replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
“due to the fact that the use of Fi implies a permanent stimulation of the emotional register.“
Is that true? It doesn’t really feel like that for me. Most of the time I’m pretty indifferent and “blah” to things. It takes quite a lot to offend me and one of my most common feedbacks is I’m infinitely patient and way too tolerant of others.
Emot…Read more
Septimus Rosa Chalier replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Hi. 🙂
@elisaday , perhaps in your case it's less the function itself that arouses your distress than an incompatibility between the very process of information treatment by which Fi operates and the world we live in - indifferent to/devaluing this kind of process.
It might be a factor to take into account: what we're inclined to think of a…Read more
EpicEntity replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Animal:
i just wanted to say this here to avoid interrupting the philosophy conversation. about @jelle being kind of “anti Ti” in some ways, and Kat being that way too; and me being “anti Se” in many ways; my father have this kind of archetypal father-daughter relationship where we really affect each other, but it’s interesting that i was the one…
Ash Rose replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@bera, IMO I don’t value or have conscious Fi at all. It makes the most sense to me to continue to think of it as part of my shadow.
Bera replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@Elisa Day, from what you're saying, it looks like you also undervalue Fi, right?
It gets me into lots of problems too. Especially because it's seelie Fi. 🙂 But looking back at my entire life until now, I think I am quite happy with Fi.
I also think a good balance between Fi and Se would be pretty useful. Choosing when to be vulnerable and when…Read more
Amy replied to the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
So... I think I read Umbi's post as the mechanics of emotions and not at all that it's chemical...
I see feelings as being pretty much immediate, visceral, rich, and I love them... I'd rather feel something than nothing... I feel like there's a thought and/or memory behind almost every feeling... and loads of feelings behind thoughts and…Read more
Faeruss started the topic God, Patterns, and Reality in the forum Spirituality & Philosophy 7 years, 8 months ago
"Is God real? Does God exist?", you ask. "Is money real? Do numbers exist?", I respond. What makes you think material things are the only real things---the only things that matter? Money governs our lives, it can make you starve to death, and yet it cannot be measured, seen, touched or felt. What if whatever God is was like that? Not a man in the…Read more
